PDA

View Full Version : The Spoilers Rule

superstar911
23-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey

I was wondering what the rule is on using Spoiler Tags. I got a PM for telling people Alex got ejected from BB and not putting it in Spoilers. Is it possible to ruin Big Brother for someone? I understand if it was the finale of lost I was talking about but it was Big Brother. So I'm wondering how far this rule goes. Also if you don't use them can you be infracted?

Thanks

Andy

AgnesIO
23-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I guess you can, but I think a few warnings first is much more appropiate.

Never even new there was a rule about it tbh.

FlyingJesus
23-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Stupid rule really, it's like saying you can't make a post in world news saying for example I dunno... John Prescott punched another farmer or something, because people might not have found out yet. Surely the idea of making such threads is to inform people?

Dan2nd
23-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I understand if your talking about future episodes of a tv series or a film that is still in the cinema ...but for things like big brother where its always on live or a tv show which has already been broadcast I think its a bit stupid

The Professor
23-06-2008, 03:47 PM
If the information is about an unaired programme and would spoil the programme for the person watching, it should be in spoilers. If its been aired its fine.

superstar911
23-06-2008, 04:03 PM
If the information is about an unaired programme and would spoil the programme for the person watching, it should be in spoilers. If its been aired its fine.

America get some shows 4 months before the UK. So where does the rule stand then. Is it after it's aired ever or after it's aired in UK?

,Jess,
23-06-2008, 04:20 PM
America get some shows 4 months before the UK. So where does the rule stand then. Is it after it's aired ever or after it's aired in UK?

I guess seeing as the majority of forum users are in the UK, you wait until it's been shown in the UK before not using spoilers.

About spoilers in big brother threads, it's different because most of the time you hear what's been happening anyway before it's shown. I guess some people like to wait it's been shown though.

msb.
23-06-2008, 07:14 PM
But I seen spoilers being added for a programme that has already be on tv.

myke
23-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I sort of agree - if they don't want to know what's going to happen, why view the thread?

But, it's the rules & we must abide.

today
23-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Some people might not of seen it? Dunno lol

The Professor
23-06-2008, 10:19 PM

In which case that's wrong. I've spoken to Coldplay about this so hopefully there should be less "pointless" spoiler additions :)

msb.
23-06-2008, 10:26 PM
In which case that's wrong. I've spoken to Coldplay about this so hopefully there should be less "pointless" spoiler additions :)
Okay thanks no worries, we all make mistakes I suppose.

GearsOfWar
23-06-2008, 11:59 PM
It's the dumbest rule on this forum. The lost thread states in the title that there will be spoilers so if you don't want Lost spoilt don't read the thread, correct? And then when you post without spoilers you get Coldplay using his authorities against you. :rolleyes:

-Eyeless-
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey

I was wondering what the rule is on using Spoiler Tags. I got a PM for telling people Alex got ejected from BB and not putting it in Spoilers. Is it possible to ruin Big Brother for someone? I understand if it was the finale of lost I was talking about but it was Big Brother. So I'm wondering how far this rule goes. Also if you don't use them can you be infracted?

Thanks

Andy

In answer to your question about BB I would say that it is just as important to use spoilers both in a thread title and in posts if it is concerning things that have not been shown in the BB last 24 hour catch up programs. This is because not everybody watches it live or looks on the site for updates and like to watch the program to find out answers rather than have people tell them. Thats my two cents :)

Tristan
24-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Okay thanks no worries, we all make mistakes I suppose.

But he makes too many.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!