PDA

View Full Version : Gametrailers.com : Halo 3's Story is better than MGS4s

Fez
23-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm not saying really anything but I've just been checking past reviews, Halo 3 got 9.8 from Gametrailers.com, MGS4 got 9.3. Now you'd probably say 'Halo 3 has more reply value and a more bigger fan base and shiz' and you'd be right, it doesn't deserve a 9.8 but still it should be quite high.

But then we get to this bit, Gametrailers rated...

Halo 3's Story - 9.5
MGS4's Story - 8.7

What the hell? I'll admit MGS4's story is confusing at times but it is waay better than Halo 3. Halo is just one guy called Master Chief who barely shows any emotion whatsoever just going around shooting stuff with barely any reason. I makes me sick to think that MGS, a series that spans over 20 years, has a worser story than a guy in a green suit shooting generic aliens over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is a great game and has a lot of gameplay value. Either GT got handed $9,000 to put Halo 3's story up or they're just stupid enough not to play MGS4 enough times to get the story.

mangle
23-06-2008, 04:19 PM
That or they just didn't like the MGS4 story...

Monkwrestler
23-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Halo 3's Story - 9.5
MGS4's Story - 8.7
WHAT THE HELL!
but game trailers have always been big microsoft fan boys when it comes to rating and there rubbish graphics comparisons

Fez
23-06-2008, 04:22 PM
That or they just didn't like the MGS4 story...
But they still have to rate it from other points of view, not just their own

Technologic
23-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Gametrailers has always given **** reviews for PS3 games so take nothing of it

Frodo13.
23-06-2008, 10:30 PM
The story isn't THAT confussing. I only have MGS4 and even I get the general idea.

Neil
23-06-2008, 10:34 PM
But they still have to rate it from other points of view, not just their own

The review they write for the game is their opinion of the game not everyones opinion, they think Halo 3 has a better story so they mark it higher, to be honest I wouldn't be surprised, MGS games have good storys but I've never found the story in MGS that great or even good for that matter, a cinematic game doesn't mean it has a good story

Fez
24-06-2008, 02:46 PM
The review they write for the game is their opinion of the game not everyones opinion, they think Halo 3 has a better story so they mark it higher, to be honest I wouldn't be surprised, MGS games have good storys but I've never found the story in MGS that great or even good for that matter, a cinematic game doesn't mean it has a good story
Yeah I guess, because cinematics usually belong to movies, movies can suck too. I'm sure that MGS4's story is much more deeper and more emotional than Halo 3s, if Gametrailers had rated it fairly (not been handed $9 grand) I'm sure they'd have rated it higher.

Neil
24-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah I guess, because cinematics usually belong to movies, movies can suck too. I'm sure that MGS4's story is much more deeper and more emotional than Halo 3s, if Gametrailers had rated it fairly (not been handed $9 grand) I'm sure they'd have rated it higher.

Gametrailers have to rate it fairly, the difference between you and them is they know what they're talking about, clearly they have high standards and Halo 3 met their standards, they may of thought MGS4 was just boring or full of cliches, just because you think it's a super amazing game doesn't mean they will, personally the fact it's an MGS game puts me off of it, Fable 2 should get a 10 if the first is anything to go by and if they don't mess it up xD

Fez
24-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Fable 2 looks amazing, but a vast majority of MGS4 plays thought it was probably the best damn game they've ever played. It's not mine, but I still think it deserves a higher story score, if Gametrailers think that Halo 3 is better then they have the right to do so, but I'd like a bit more explanation than ''the story is packed full of surprises, to close this 20 year saga would've been a tough challenge for Kojima and co. but they pulled it off, and then some."

Supersam
24-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Better or worse Halo 3 did not deserve 9.5.....

I mean, I loved the ending but part of the storyline just wasnt that memorable really....

Josh-H
24-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Does it really matter? It's one review site and their review isn't hampering your enjoyment of the game...

Jordan3606
25-06-2008, 10:59 AM
doesnt matter, because MGS4's gameplay is better than Halo 3's ;)

I dunno why Halo 3 got such a high score though, I think halo 2 was much better than 3?

Fez
25-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Does it really matter? It's one review site and their review isn't hampering your enjoyment of the game...
Yeah I guess so, but I do have a right to complain

yido
26-06-2008, 08:17 PM
halo 3 is crappppppppppppp

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!