PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a...

msb.
23-06-2008, 11:38 PM
retro thread in "cool rooms section"?

Mr.Sam
23-06-2008, 11:40 PM
It's been there ages... it stops all the retro rooms clogging up the section as retro rooms have unlimited resources it isn't classed as a 'cool room'

it is explained in the first post of the thread...

Catzsy
24-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I presume you mean because retro sites are very much against the habbo way. If somebody posted a link to a retro site it would be jumped on immediately. The posting of just rooms though has been recently dicussed and it has been decided to keep them for now as they are not promoting
any actual sites. If Habbo complain then it maybe a different thing. Thanks :)

msb.
24-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I presume you mean because retro sites are very much against the habbo way. If somebody posted a link to a retro site it would be jumped on immediately. The posting of just rooms though has been recently dicussed and it has been decided to keep them for now as they are not promoting
any actual sites. If Habbo complain then it maybe a different thing. Thanks :)
Okay just wondering I respect all the rules but yeah just made me "lol"
cuz retro posting isn't really needed as most likely the person went on a retro to make a cool room to post on hxf, it doesn't need to be posted imo as retros are illegal.

Anyways just my view, feel free to disagree.

Catzsy
24-06-2008, 04:20 PM
cuz retro posting isn't really needed as most likely the person went on a retro to make a cool room to post on hxf, it doesn't need to be posted imo as retros are illegal.

I am not disagreeing and you are entitled to your opinion. As I say it has been discussed recently and that was the decision made by the Senior Management. Thankees :eusa_danc

msb.
24-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I am not disagreeing and you are entitled to your opinion. As I say it has been discussed recently and that was the decision made by the Senior Management. Thankees :eusa_danc
who are the senior management?

Catzsy
24-06-2008, 04:33 PM
who are the senior management?

In this case it was the GM but also in Senior Management there are Nvrspk4, Joshuar and Immenseman.

MissAlice
24-06-2008, 05:05 PM

You're bright but sadly not everyone is! Take a look at this, not everyone understands what a retro is: http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4829534&postcount=548

That link is from the thread titled: Post Retro Rooms Here which has 550 replies, some members don't have a clue as to what a retro is and the dangers of visiting one. Only a warning that it's not advisable.

I will quote some advice given in the first post of this thread, which at least is good advice :)

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=337599
May I remind you That "Retro servers" are against Sulakes terms and this is for merely show casing the room's you have made.

Therefore this thread is for "Retro Rooms"
feel free to comment on Room's posted here, Do not ask for Retro Links whether you ask for it via a post of Personal message.

Now even though there is advice on not asking for links, including by personal message, are Habbox staff really checking pm's sent to members who post retro screenies? What is Habbox doing on the forum and the site to help reduce the number of retro Hotels and the number of Habbos who are vulnerable, whilst they are allowing screenies of such hotels?

What do others think, of retro hotel screenies?

GommeInc
24-06-2008, 05:08 PM
What do others think, of retro hotel screenies?
They don't do any harm and some are quite impressive. Considering no-one posts links to retros, there is no reason to remove it and suggesting it should be is just looking for small, trivial things to criticise about (not directed at you Alice :P).

Ostinato
24-06-2008, 05:09 PM
They don't do any harm and some are quite impressive. Considering no-one posts links to retros, there is no reason to remove it and suggesting it should be is just looking for small, trivial things to criticise about (not directed at you Alice :P).

Well said

MissAlice
24-06-2008, 05:17 PM

I do think there should be better advice given, as there are still many who really don't know what a retro is and the hidden dangers.

Catzsy
24-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I do think there should be better advice given, as there are still many who really don't know what a retro is and the hidden dangers.

Well I am sure if you would consent to draft something then it could be pointed out in no uncertain terms at the beginning of the thread. You seem to be very knowledgeable in this area so that would be a great help. :)

MissAlice
24-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I think it's probably best if a member of staff picks out the important sections from these links, I will be very pleased to see some good strong advice given :)

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/29-risky-retros/in/archive

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/25-keep-it-real

msb.
24-06-2008, 09:18 PM
First of all thanks Missalice and Catzsy for the great replies :)

But in the thread there is loads of warnings towards users posting the actual links STILL :S.

cunning
24-06-2008, 09:21 PM
I like looking at how creative some of the rooms are, because some people have will to make a good room, but just not the resources...so you see their abilities. I like that forum to look at some rooms.

Catzsy
24-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I think it's probably best if a member of staff picks out the important sections from these links, I will be very pleased to see some good strong advice given :)

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/29-risky-retros/in/archive

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/25-keep-it-real
I will have a look at that with some urgency. :)

First of all thanks Missalice and Catzsy for the great replies :)

No problem :)

Leetzgirl
24-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Please remember, We dont want habbox to change ;).

MissAlice
25-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I will have a look at that with some urgency. :)

Thank you :)

Please remember, We dont want habbox to change ;).

You most certainly do if you want to make things better ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!