PDA

View Full Version : What intrests you in a...

Tom-Brown
26-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Hello,

During the past months i've been wondering on and off what gets people into a MMOCC. Many people have asked, developed, released and personally the only one that hit me was bittybay as it had a different perspective. But still had the average idea. Furniture etc. I like the furniture idea myself but i want to evolve it into something fresh, new and exciting!

I've been learning flash now for about 4 months and i've already done basic test scripts. I can now build a MMOCC, and a basic PHP Socket Server for it to be ran on till i have time to develop a basic Console Application in C++.

My main questions is,
What gets you into one?
What features would like to see?
Pricing Should it be money etc or just VIP?

If you will post and you have actually read this post please answer all them questions then leave your message underneath it. I am currently developing a MMOCC for a group, but i am unsure as if i will stay or go alone and attempt to develop my own MMOCC.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Joshuae
26-06-2008, 06:48 PM
What gets you into one? - I don't know, whatever seems appealing.
What features would like to see? General basci stuff, suits my needs.
Pricing Should it be money etc or just VIP? Have the ability to earn ingame money as well as pay.

Jahova
27-06-2008, 02:52 PM
These things;

Colourful, easy to navigate interface.

Free to play aswell as pay to play.

A decent support system.

Intergrated with the website.

>> CHEAP CURRENCY <<

Klydo
27-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Intrests?

Anyway...

I hate MMOCCs because;

They have sexually perverted users.
They make you spend money to get anywhere (even when they flood you with advertisements).
They are generally run by the 30+'s making them totally aimed at the much, much younger user rather than the ones using it (11 - 16), Habbo being the worst for this.

I don't really have anything I like about them, but if you can fix them then sure. Oh and another thing I hate are people thinking they can just build an MMOCC from nothing - e.g. 99% of the people trying on this forum.

Excellent
27-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Don't even think about trying to make an MMOCC when you cannot even spell interest.

Tom-Brown
27-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow!, One spelling mistake! That makes me unable to make a MMOCC? -rep. Just get over yourself? Thanks, Please dont post here
Also i noticed that about 2 hour after posting. So i couldnt change it...

Excellent
27-06-2008, 09:10 PM
And the lack of grammatical errors you're making. Oh thankyou sir! returned!

Tom-Brown
27-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Bloody Hell, Get out of my thread. If you've got nothing better to do than argue then give up. I havnt slept in 24 hours since i've been developing a MMOCC something you could not do most likely. Just get the hell out of my thread

[Sorry for my language it's late and personally he's annoying]

Klydo
27-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Bloody Hell, Get out of my thread. If you've got nothing better to do than argue then give up. I havnt slept in 24 hours since i've been developing a MMOCC something you could not do most likely. Just get the hell out of my thread

[Sorry for my language it's late and personally he's annoying]
No but in all seriousness - MMOCCs get no where. Look at BittyBay - big hype, great little game but in the end = nothing...

Tom-Brown
27-06-2008, 09:15 PM
This thread is for research on the market. BittyBay havnt advertised or got there name around i believe. Thanks

Klydo
27-06-2008, 09:18 PM
This thread is for research on the market. BittyBay havnt advertised or got there name around i believe. Thanks
www.mmoccforum.com

Try there then.

Tom-Brown
27-06-2008, 09:20 PM
On there, Already so im k ;] Now keep on topic please.

Klydo
27-06-2008, 09:24 PM
On there, Already so im k ;] Now keep on topic please.
That was on topic, I'm helping with your research by suggesting websites... :S

Excellent
27-06-2008, 09:25 PM

[Sorry for my language it's late and personally he's annoying]You mean been up all night scraping together some childish design whilst stealing images from all the other MMOCC's* I highly doubt you have what it takes alone to make such a big project - stop trying to play big.
/Thread!

Tom-Brown
27-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry Then, but it's for anyone else reading this thread and think they'll have ago at me or someone

craigg.
27-06-2008, 11:41 PM
What gets you into one?
What features would like to see?
Pricing Should it be money etc or just VIP?

What gets me into one? If I'm making one, all the coding. Love it. If I am viewing one, a unique idea and a cool community with some random people which make you think "wth lol"

What features would like to see? A unique future which makes you stand out from the croud and a knowledgable team.

Pricing Should it be money etc or just VIP? I don't understand? I'm guessing you would need to include some sort of money system which can give you income.

//previously// SolaceCity & BittyBay never got advertised on a large scale.

If you do go through with the project give me the heads up... I'm sure other members would like to know too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!