PDA

View Full Version : Why do we get screwed over?

Fez
26-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Alone in the Dark - PS3 development delayed

Bioshock - 14 freckin' months for a port with only slightly tweaked graphics, and probably a 9 hour install

MGS4 - 10 delays, yes I am not kidding

GTA IV - Bricked many many many PS3s

Orange Box - Yay, we haven't had an update in 5 months

Eye Of Judgement - snore snore snore

14.3 million PS3s
21.4 million 360s
24.4 million Wiis

£300

When's HOME out (delay announced next day)

Getaway 3, Eight Days scrapped

Heavenly Sword 2 scrapped

Saints Row port scrapped

New content for Lost Planet scrapped

New content for GTA IV - 360 exclusive

Lair dissapointment

HAZE dissapointment

Heavenly Sword mehness

MGS4 - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/99-Metal-Gear-Solid-4 (says it as it really is)

Gamespy powers everything and does a bad job of it

Stranglehold, PS3 exclusive, released 3 months after the 360 version

Resistance sucks

Motorstorm is fun for 4 seconds then becomes boring

no backwards compatability

60GB discontinued in Europe

Blu-rays , £10 than DVDs and its the same film

55% of multiplatform games (both 360 and PS3) are developmently leaded by 360

PSN is so buggy

No in-game XMB (yet)

50 friend cap limit

DMC4 , PS3 exclusive, development for 4 years, shifts to 360, 15 minute install, 6/10 from most reviewers

MGS... ummm gray fox... foxhound... YOU KILL LIQUID OCELET BUT HE LIVES ON through is own arm... wait what..

PSP - 33% slimmer, more battery

Littlebigplanet... delayed

Echochrome - announced at E3 2007, released mid-2008

Killzone 2 - delayed

HOME - delayed again

Battlefield Bad Company DLC was gonna be more on PS3

£425 at launch

Frodo13.
26-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Meh, see your point. However some of them are utter crap such as Resistance, PSN, and Motorstorm.

Fez
26-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Resistance has bland graphics, bland online and bland controls. Motorstorm looks to brown to be fun and the online is just everyone gunning it with the boost. PSN is just an online servive, XBL is a better service. PSN isn't rubbish, but at least we've got it.

Frodo13.
26-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Resistance has bland graphics, bland online and bland controls. Motorstorm looks to brown to be fun and the online is just everyone gunning it with the boost. PSN is just an online servive, XBL is a better service. PSN isn't rubbish, but at least we've got it.

Graphics are pretty crappy on Resistance, but that doesn't mean alot to me if the games good, which I personally liked. Enjoyed Motorstorm too and I think the PSN will improve over time and has the potential to be as good as XBL. It will have the exact same things some July, minus GS. We'll have HOME though.

Fez
26-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Resistance was just shoot the same generic alien, but if you enjoy that then why are you slamming Halo 3? Sorry, just had to make the connection. If you enjoyed Motorstorm's boring repetitive soundtrack that was awesome at first and then just got boring as taking your teeth out with knifes and a plunger then sure...

PSN will of course get better and better, we will have something that is like GS aswell. To be honest, I don't think we'll actually see Home for another 2 years or so...

Frodo13.
26-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Resistance was just shoot the same generic alien, but if you enjoy that then why are you slamming Halo 3? Sorry, just had to make the connection. If you enjoyed Motorstorm's boring repetitive soundtrack that was awesome at first and then just got boring as taking your teeth out with knifes and a plunger then sure...

PSN will of course get better and better, we will have something that is like GS aswell. To be honest, I don't think we'll actually see Home for another 2 years or so...

Eurgh..MS soundtrack sucked. I turn the TV down when I'm playing it. But I loved how realistic it was and I got quite alot of gameplay out of it, they could of possibly added a few more tracks. Hopefully Motorstorm 2 will sort that out. I've not played Halo 3, and never actually claimed I have, I just picked at the point that it has been described as way overhype but it is still seen as the 'Crown Jewl' for the 360. Have played one of the Halo series though...was bored stiff.

Fez
26-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Eurgh..MS soundtrack sucked. I turn the TV down when I'm playing it. But I loved how realistic it was and I got quite alot of gameplay out of it, they could of possibly added a few more tracks. Hopefully Motorstorm 2 will sort that out. I've not played Halo 3, and never actually claimed I have, I just picked at the point that it has been described as way overhype but it is still seen as the 'Crown Jewl' for the 360. Have played one of the Halo series though...was bored stiff.

I thought the MS soundtrack worstened over time and just became low-budget and boring, I kinda liked it at first but pleh. Motorstorm 2 will have reggar soundtrack so I'll have to either sell my speakers or not get it at all.

Play Halo 3, kinda boring and short but online is supposed to be the Crown Jewel

Frodo13.
26-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I thought the MS soundtrack worstened over time and just became low-budget and boring, I kinda liked it at first but pleh. Motorstorm 2 will have reggar soundtrack so I'll have to either sell my speakers or not get it at all.

Play Halo 3, kinda boring and short but online is supposed to be the Crown Jewel

I'll be no good. The times I have been on a 360 I've just crumbled because the controls just baffle me.

Off topic here, but whats the deal with MGS: Online? Do we have to pay?

Fez
26-06-2008, 08:13 PM
You pay for extra character slots and expansion packs

Frodo13.
26-06-2008, 08:19 PM
You pay for extra character slots and expansion packs

O right, because I was going to set it up and it said something about a credit card so I backed out ASAP.

Technologic
26-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I might get a core just so i can play games..

I have about 5 games for my PS3 :l

awelsh
26-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I might get a core just so i can play games..

I have about 5 games for my PS3 :l

exactly what I did, had enough of sony europes constant delays, crap store updates, slow download speeds.

Ive only got 4 PS3 games, and ive got 7 360 games and ive only had the 360 for about a month

Neil
26-06-2008, 11:31 PM
To add to that, Frontlines: Fuel of War was meant to be released on the PS3 but it was cancelled, not really sure why, shame because it's a good game

Motorstorm really disappointed me, I really liked the look of it and when I played it I loved the racing and everything I just hated the boost, if the opponents were slightly easier and boost was removed I think I'd find it alot more fun to play, now only Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo 5<3 even edge my attention, hopefully some decent games start popping up, Littlebigplanet should be a good release for Sony, should be worth the wait I think

Misawa
27-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Resistance was a good game, and as for Blu-Ray the picture and sound quality is tremendously greater than DVD.

GearsOfWar
27-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Resistance was a good game, and as for Blu-Ray the picture and sound quality is tremendously greater than DVD.

Am I the only one that found that game terrible? :S

Fez
27-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Am I the only one that found that game terrible? :S
Nope, I hate it aswell.

Armal
27-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Littlebigplanet should be a good release for Sony, should be worth the wait I think

Yuh i agree, if it doesn't get delayed that is.

Hate PSN so much. I have to connect my internet every time i want to sign in, you cant have name changes, the friends thing is fair annoying, the connection in games is absolutely shocking and not forgetting no In Game XMB. :eusa_wall Only thing decent about it is the controller (If you have a vibrating one) and the store imo.

j4k3
27-06-2008, 04:58 PM
if this was a fanboy war

u just pwned urself

Breakfloor
27-06-2008, 05:05 PM
and now it probably will be so be quiet. their admitting they have problems and so do we (the 360) but currently not as much as them.

Fez
27-06-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll be taking on 360's problems and then probably be squahshed by Neil and his 9000 KG brain :(

Neil
27-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll be taking on 360's problems and then probably be squahshed by Neil and his 9000 KG brain :(

Lol 360 has quite a lot of problems, just make sure you don't list ones that don't even exist ;) lol

Janczyk
27-06-2008, 09:34 PM
It's not so much that you got screwed over, it's the pure fact Microsoft now has the monopoly in the console gaming war due to it's far superior PC gaming background. You may say Resistence and Motorstorm were crap but what are you comparing them too?

Either way it's your own fault for buying a PS3 :D

Fez
27-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not gonna sell my PS3, I'm just listing it's negative factors. I'm bloody well keeping it 'cause of what's going to come in the future, the list, listed, the negativities that we have right now.

Lol 360 has quite a lot of problems, just make sure you don't list ones that don't even exist lol

I think I might do Wii next instead, then tackle the powerhorse that is the Xbox 360

Jordan3606
28-06-2008, 02:38 PM
A lot of those points are ********, but a lot are true as well... :P

About the 50 friends limit on PSN, its been upped to 100 now in the most recent update, and In-game xmb is out soon, along with Trophies.

Motorstorm 1 was great but didnt have enough tracks

PSN isnt buggy, the network itself is fine, its just that developers have crap servers for their online games. I've never had a problem with PSN itself, apart from when there is scheduled maintenance.

£300 is well worth it for what the PS3 is, considering you get a Blu-ray player and free online gaming, which leads me on to my next point that Blu-ray discs cost the same as normal DVD's in most shops and the sound quality, and video quality is much, much better.

All the crap about games being lead developed on the 360 is because its cheaper to develop for and dev's have more experience making games for it because it has been out longer. Give it time and developers will start lead developing on the PS3 because they realise they can get so much more out of it (some have already, like Burnout paradise). But this is really nothing to do with Sony and more the responsibility of the game devs.

The video review of MGS4 was incredibly funny but un true, is has been rated 10/10 by almost all the major review websites, and is quite possibly the best game ever (or at least has a good chance of being the best). The gameplay is addicting and the cutscenes are epic, however long they are.

Delays delays delays, sure they're annoying, i admit that, but I'd rather Sony and devs take time to create their products and actually make sure they work before releasing them *cough* microsoft *cough*. Btw, Killzone 2 was pushed back to 2009 because Sony though there were already enough AAA games appearing around the time of its release, like LittleBigPlanet (which wasnt delayed as far as i know), Resistance 2 (no delays), and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (which will undoubtebly improve on the first one)

Resistance seems crap now but it was a launch title and a bloody good one at that, but now since the likes of MGS4 and COD4 have come out, yeah it does look pretty lame lol.

* 14.3 million PS3s
* 21.4 million 360s
* 24.4 million Wiis

Those sales figures are false, there are around 14 million PS3s, 19 million 360's and 28 million Wii's, and I fail to see how sales figures 'screw us over', considering the Wii is piss cheap and crap, and the 360 has been out almost twice as long as the PS3.

You also seem to be moaning about games that are crap anyway, like Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment, Orange Box, Resistance, Motorstorm... they were all released months and months ago, get over it, there are plenty of great games out now and even more better ones coming (you know what they are :P)

Home delays... hmm, annoying, but as I said about other delays, what do you want, it released now with 1000's of bugs for you to moan about even more, or for it to be released when it is done properly?!

I'm not denying that the PS3 has problems but many of the ones you stated are ******** :P

Every console has its problems, buy a Wii or a 360 and you could make an equally long list :)

+ things are much better in the US or Japan, its mainly SCEE that screw PS3 owners :( :(

I'm looking forward to the wii list, lol :P

Sorry if any of the above sounded harsh, but meh its my opinion ;D

CJW93
28-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Atleast you got the F1 games before us :(

Fez
28-06-2008, 04:54 PM
A lot of those points are ********, but a lot are true as well... :P :P

About the 50 friends limit on PSN, its been upped to 100 now in the most recent update, and In-game xmb is out soon, along with Trophies. Yes I know, but the list lists what is wrong RIGHT now, didn't know about the 100 bit though.

Motorstorm 1 was great but didnt have enough tracks And the god awful soundtrack

PSN isnt buggy, the network itself is fine, its just that developers have crap servers for their online games. I've never had a problem with PSN itself, apart from when there is scheduled maintenance. But is it the developer's fault? Developers have to bridge the gap between their server and PSN, and sometimes PSN says 'no u'

£300 is well worth it for what the PS3 is, considering you get a Blu-ray player and free online gaming, which leads me on to my next point that Blu-ray discs cost the same as normal DVD's in most shops and the sound quality, and video quality is much, much better. Yes but it's still £300, most teens don't have that kind of money. Everywhere I go Blu-Rays are £10 more than DVDs, of course it's better quality and stuff, but it is still the same film.

All the crap about games being lead developed on the 360 is because its cheaper to develop for and dev's have more experience making games for it because it has been out longer. Give it time and developers will start lead developing on the PS3 because they realise they can get so much more out of it (some have already, like Burnout paradise). But this is really nothing to do with Sony and more the responsibility of the game devs. Correct, but we're still getting screwed over arn't we? We'll still be getting screwed for another 2 years.

The video review of MGS4 was incredibly funny but un true, is has been rated 10/10 by almost all the major review websites, and is quite possibly the best game ever (or at least has a good chance of being the best). The gameplay is addicting and the cutscenes are epic, however long they are.

Delays delays delays, sure they're annoying, i admit that, but I'd rather Sony and devs take time to create their products and actually make sure they work before releasing them *cough* microsoft *cough*. Btw, Killzone 2 was pushed back to 2009 because Sony though there were already enough AAA games appearing around the time of its release, like LittleBigPlanet (which wasnt delayed as far as i know), Resistance 2 (no delays), and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (which will undoubtebly improve on the first one) Of course they work on them to get them to tip-top conidition, but that's what happened to Lair... and Haze... in development too long.

I didn't know that was the reason for the Killzone 2 delay
LittleBigPlanet was supposed to ship in late '07, a one year delay woo
Resistance 2 is on track, yes
Pacific Rift will drive me mad with it's reggae soundtrack and over the top action sequences

Resistance seems crap now but it was a launch title and a bloody good one at that, but now since the likes of MGS4 and COD4 have come out, yeah it does look pretty lame lol.

Resistance WAS crap, it got a overall of 67% average rating when it was released. It's visuals get drab and boring and the story is so un emotional it's boring as hell.

MGS4 is awesome, but just watch Yahtzee's video review and you will see the light

COD4 is a mainly Xbox 360 title, developed for the 360, with the 360 in mind, better support on the 360 and map packs released 4 weeks before PS3

* 14.3 million PS3s
* 21.4 million 360s
* 24.4 million Wiis

Those sales figures are false, there are around 14 million PS3s, 19 million 360's and 28 million Wii's, and I fail to see how sales figures 'screw us over', considering the Wii is piss cheap and crap, and the 360 has been out almost twice as long as the PS3.

These were the figures I looked at from another website, they are almost as close as yours. Sales figures screw us over because if there's not enough PS3 gamers in the world, there's no sight of profit for developers.

Wii is cheap and very good value for money, since there's so many of them it dominates the market and you'll probably see the Wii port of CoD5 dominating the charts.

360 has been out longer but is now being crushed by Nintendo's new attempt and accomplishment of luring in non-gamers, the 360 and Wii are trying there attempt at exclusives and although ours are going to be superior, they're gonna get the best later because there's a wider market.

You also seem to be moaning about games that are crap anyway, like Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment, Orange Box, Resistance, Motorstorm... they were all released months and months ago, get over it, there are plenty of great games out now and even more better ones coming (you know what they are :P) Yeah.. yeah... but those were problems with games that could be changed with a quick patch or longer development, besides, these are the games that everybody's still playing and if they are wrong right now then they are on the list. Of course I know we've got gold games coming, but right now we've got crap in disc form

Home delays... hmm, annoying, but as I said about other delays, what do you want, it released now with 1000's of bugs for you to moan about even more, or for it to be released when it is done properly?!

Apparently at a recent press event, all testers found the game to be completely ridden of bugs that they had encountoured before, all it needs is to bridge the gap between certain games and stuff and it could be out in a month, but Sony just wants to make us wait longer just so it can make a hundred billion munies at the end of the year, instead of just a billion this time of the year, but I guess it is quite reasonable.

I'm not denying that the PS3 has problems but many of the ones you stated are ******** :P lolwhut

Every console has its problems, buy a Wii or a 360 and you could make an equally long list :) Exactly, I'm just listing the problems WE have, just wait till the problems WII have

+ things are much better in the US or Japan, its mainly SCEE that screw PS3 owners :( :( Yeah, we get screwed over more

I'm looking forward to the wii list, lol :P I've already got more than the PS3 list

Sorry if any of the above sounded harsh, but meh its my opinion ;D lolwat

Wii list will probably be out when I can be bothered to finish it.

Mint
30-06-2008, 12:16 AM
*Removed*

Edit by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Please do not create troll posts.

if this was a fanboy war

u just pwned urself

GearsOfWar
30-06-2008, 01:18 AM
*Removed*

How is it crap? If it's crap we wouldn't of been able to sell 24 million copies, go play with your PS3 grill and come back when you've hit puberty.

Misawa
30-06-2008, 01:56 AM
It's the other way round - the PS3 is more adult-orientated.

c[__]
30-06-2008, 02:30 AM
It's the other way round - the PS3 is more adult-orientated.
Where did you find that out...

FlyingJesus
30-06-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm sticking with PS2 tbh, online gaming I don't care for and frankly it does all the tricks I require. I don't demand great graphics because more often than not games with good graphics have crap gameplay (think Gears of War) and it's cheap as hell. Even if I managed to launch it to the floor and break it apart I'd only need a fraction of a PS3/360 cost to get a new one and still play my old ****** but enjoyable games.

Jordan3606
30-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Where did you find that out...

Its been proven that the majority of PS3 owners are 24+ I think

Or at least that most people 24+ want the PS3 as their main/fav console

c[__]
01-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Its been proven that the majority of PS3 owners are 24+ I think

Or at least that most people 24+ want the PS3 as their main/fav console
are you dumb? read the damn post, I said where...

Jordan3606
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
are you dumb? read the damn post, I said where...

Are you dumb?

Read my post, and you'll clearly see 'I think...' indicating that I am not entirely sure of where I read it / whether I am right or not.

Search on google if you're really that bothered

GearsOfWar
01-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm sticking with PS2 tbh, online gaming I don't care for and frankly it does all the tricks I require. I don't demand great graphics because more often than not games with good graphics have crap gameplay (think Gears of War) and it's cheap as hell. Even if I managed to launch it to the floor and break it apart I'd only need a fraction of a PS3/360 cost to get a new one and still play my old ****** but enjoyable games.

Gears of War crap gameplay? Haha okay.

awelsh
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
*Removed*

Edit by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Please do not create troll posts.

better not mess with the manchester hardboy, by the look of his avatar he will hammer us all

piss off fanboy

Jord
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/ps3-card-slider.jpg

Jordan3606
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/ps3-card-slider.jpg

Fine, if we're going down that route ;)

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/d/d/bdded1ead1abc7d445530dd8f0ad087e.jpg

There are things wrong with all of the 3 next gen consoles, including the PS3 and yes, I am a ps3 guy :P

Mint
01-07-2008, 09:53 PM
How is it crap? If it's crap we wouldn't of been able to sell 24 million copies, go play with your PS3 grill and come back when you've hit puberty.
First of all I am 17 and hit puberty long ago, also it is the otherway around. Most kids have 360's because they are cheaper and ofcoarse most parents would rather buy them a 360 for the reason I have just said.
The thing is about 360's is they have been took over by players that are to obsessed with it. Hence why when I went on my mates 360 and we turned the mic on they where all squeaky little kids with over-elite gamescores. On the otherhand, PS3's are the more expensive quality games console, more adults own these as you don't get as many annoying kids on them like on the 360. And ofcoarse they have better specifications. I have given up on arguing over which console is the best as it will always go on. And just to let you know I am not a PS3 fanboy I can tell you that I might be getting a 360 for the better online play. I suppose your alright if you play it at the hours when most children will be asleep or at school.

bo$$
01-07-2008, 09:56 PM

I agree. PS2 ftw. Although I haven't touched mine in a few months.. its still awesome. You can easily find them for VERY cheap and I don't really give a **** about how great the graphics of a game are.. as long as it's a good game imo.

Mint
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
better not mess with the manchester hardboy, by the look of his avatar he will hammer us all

piss off fanboy
Oi welshy, I'm not a fanboy and like both consoles but just prefer PS3. And you mentioned something about hammering you, I'll tell you now, you would be suprised from what normal people might do.

Neil
02-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Gears of War crap gameplay? Haha okay.

Yea GoW has ok gameplay it's just rubbish multiplayer like most games now >.< CoD has the only multiplayer that I can stand lol

awelsh
02-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Oi welshy, I'm not a fanboy and like both consoles but just prefer PS3. And you mentioned something about hammering you, I'll tell you now, you would be suprised from what normal people might do.

So your not a fanboy of sony? So why have you made many threads about xbox that say "Crapbox pleasefixme"

About hammering me, come find me then mate, should be a laugh

Grow up, you say your 17 you act like your 7, BTW ive found more annoying kids on the PS3 than on the xbox, the xbox I find more yanks. The PS3 has a huge amount of little kids on there purely becuase they get online for free, make duplicate accounts and go off on a fit when they lose again.

Jordan3606
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
lol, I have to say the most un-fanboyish person I have seen on these forums is probably Neil :P

But anyway... when I was round my mates on XBL on Halo 3, it was mainly annoying Americans shouting crap down the mic, but you get those sort of idiotic people on all platforms, ps3, 360 and pc.

awelsh
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah halo does have alot of annoying americans aswell as some **** from east london who kept goin round sayin they would hammer everyone an then they would laugh like a little girl when they teamkilled someone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!