PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question...

bigdavecox90
26-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm currently downloading a couple of torrents at the moment.

I want to leave my laptop running overnight, so they will hopefully be done by the morning.

What's the best way to do this, without the laptop over heating and setting my house on fire?

Recursion
26-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Just leave it plugged in, it will turn the screen off, it may also go into standby, make sure standby is turned off.

It won't overheat, and then even if it did it would turn it self off before causing any damage.

Just don't be stupid and leave it on a carpet! :P Put it on a table or something.

N!ck
27-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I stand mine up, open, like a book so that air can get under it, and the only point of contact is the side.

DaveTaylor
27-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I just turn the screen off, well you know, make it dark as it can do and leave it resting on the power cable so it's lifted abit.

Joshuae
27-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I stand mine up, open, like a book so that air can get under it, and the only point of contact is the side.

That's how I do it. :)

Flisker
27-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I just leave my laptop on on my desk with no book etc... thats why it has legs (pads) and i just shut the lid and leave it.

Recursion
28-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeh, usually I would stand my laptop on the side that doesn't have the vent on, open like a book too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!