PDA

View Full Version : [THE BIG WEEKLY QUESTION] Summer bummer?

Fez
27-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey

Well... gamings gonna get really dry over the next 2 months, barely any release interests me, 'cept maybe Brothers in Arms...I can't remember if this happened last year or not, I think it did...

Here's the list of titles released over the next 2 months which interest me.

Buzz Quiz TV
WALL-E
Guitar Hero On Tour
Brother's in Arm's Hell's Highway
Saint's Row 2

Pretty dry... sort of... I was actually wondering ''Why don't all the Autumn/Winter big releases, release near the Summer?'' I guess it could be due to the weather and everybody's outside and stuff... but most schools have a 6-9 week holiday... and there's a lotta kids who are gonna get bored. The main market for video games in Early teen (14) to early adult (23) so I don't see why they don't release games around this period, they'd make a billion gazillion munies if they did.

But that's only my opinion... what do you think? Is Summer too dry for games?

Janczyk
27-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Nothing.

UT and SR, 'tis all until Christmas.

On the other hand - there's at least 2 handfuls of films coming out at the cinema I would like to watch.

Neil
27-06-2008, 11:00 PM
UT3, Fable 2, Mercs 2, SR 2, GoW 2 and Brothers in Arms, probably the only decent games coming out for a while, GoW2 and Brothers in Arms really don't peak my interest but it's always worth giving them a try

j4k3
28-06-2008, 12:45 AM
battlefield came out today?

GearsOfWar
28-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Hey

Well... gamings gonna get really dry over the next 2 months, barely any release interests me, 'cept maybe Brothers in Arms...I can't remember if this happened last year or not, I think it did...

Here's the list of titles released over the next 2 months which interest me.

Buzz Quiz TV
WALL-E
Guitar Hero On Tour
Brother's in Arm's Hell's Highway
Saint's Row 2

Pretty dry... sort of... I was actually wondering ''Why don't all the Autumn/Winter big releases, release near the Summer?'' I guess it could be due to the weather and everybody's outside and stuff... but most schools have a 6-9 week holiday... and there's a lotta kids who are gonna get bored. The main market for video games in Early teen (14) to early adult (23) so I don't see why they don't release games around this period, they'd make a billion gazillion munies if they did.

But that's only my opinion... what do you think? Is Summer too dry for games?

*Removed*

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropirate messages or avoid the forum filter

c[__]
28-06-2008, 04:47 AM
*Removed*
lol:eusa_clap

Suck
28-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Summer has always been short on games. Most companies release games over the winter because of the Christmas potential. Maybe now they will see how well Wii Fit and GTA have done and start releasing them mid-year. There has never been many games released in the summer.

I want Viva Pinata on the DS, and Pokemon :) But that's about it for summer.

Alan_Carr
28-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Lmao who cares?
Summer is like 6 weeks, hot weather, lol go out with mates or go on holiday lmao
Summer is the worst time to play consoles

GearsOfWar
28-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Summer is when people go on holiday so they wouldn't pile in any money actually.

Ashley 12344
28-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I won't have the money over holidays to buy games.
Most people go out and what not, so I'll live.

Anyway, they've been fairly dull for a while as it is.

Lost_Addict
30-06-2008, 03:12 PM
3 decent games out this summer (from june) alone in the dark civilization revolution and battlefield bad company

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!