PDA

View Full Version : Closing thread...

Kardan
28-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Not sure where to post it, but I'm sure someone can move it to the relevant location...

I posted a thread asking people to click on a link in order to help me with a competition; the thread was closed due to it being closed before.

The thread before was closed because I was offering out reputation, this time I didn't mention reputation, yet it was closed?

Why?

Yoshimitsui
28-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I believe all competition link threads are removed when posted offering something in return or not.

Kardan
28-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, it should at least be in the forum rules... As far as I can see, there's nothing in the rules about it.

Elkaa
28-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Referal links are not allowed on the Forum.

If it wasn't a referal link, contact me and I'll look into it.

Kardan
28-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Referal links are not allowed on the Forum.

If it wasn't a referal link, contact me and I'll look into it.

Referal link; as in; getting someone to sign up for a forum/website?

The explanation I got was that it was closed because I could rep people after they clicked the link, even if I didn't mention giving rep :rolleyes:

Meh.

Elkaa
28-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, referal can be many things, but it's generally a banned cause.

However, saying to someone "sign up on www.habbo.co.uk" for my friend please, and not for some money referal site, should be allowed.

Kardan
28-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, referal can be many things, but it's generally a banned cause.

However, saying to someone "sign up on www.habbo.co.uk" for my friend please, and not for some money referal site, should be allowed.

My link was a link to the site where they can click a button, and it will help me in a competition.

So, it's like telling someone to go to a site and vote in a poll to help me decide on an outcome :)

Agnostic Bear
28-06-2008, 09:46 PM
My link was a link to the site where they can click a button, and it will help me in a competition.

So, it's like telling someone to go to a site and vote in a poll to help me decide on an outcome :)

Same thing in my eyes.

today
28-06-2008, 09:51 PM
It was a balloon competiton.

******* hell how sad. "/

nvrspk4
29-06-2008, 06:05 AM

Those kinds of things were stopped because of people putting PTC links and urlcash and Slap Competition links all over the place.

today
29-06-2008, 02:26 PM
But this is a FUN thing.

I understand ones like "click here for me to get money" but ones such as "click here and feed my pet" should be allowed.

Its pure spitefull.

superstar911
29-06-2008, 02:52 PM
If you close the thread Kardan made where you follow the link and click a button to help him win I sure as hell hope you'll close every thread created when Habo Big Brother is on when people are trying to get you to vote to save them or what ever. You can't have double standard and in my eyes they are the same situation but about different thing.

today
29-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Exaclty, they only follow that rule when they want too, i often see "click my pet to feed it" its the same thing?

Clicking the link to help someone else..

nvrspk4
30-06-2008, 04:16 AM
What exactly was the link, was it to something where people could make a rational decision and also could opt to assist someone else based on rational motive instead?

Kardan
30-06-2008, 06:24 AM
What exactly was the link, was it to something where people could make a rational decision and also could opt to assist someone else based on rational motive instead?

Page was like:

Kardan has travelled 1256 miles; Kardan has collected 25 tokens; Kardan has 0% boost...

Click here to boost Kardan.

--

Even though I'm not really bothered about my thread being closed anymore...

Blinger1
30-06-2008, 06:50 AM
If you close the thread Kardan made where you follow the link and click a button to help him win I sure as hell hope you'll close every thread created when Habo Big Brother is on when people are trying to get you to vote to save them or what ever. You can't have double standard and in my eyes they are the same situation but about different thing.
What about earlier in the year when there was an announcement saying something like "Help vote for Habbox to become official"

and they link to a thread which requires votes...

:rolleyes:

link (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=467254)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!