PDA

View Full Version : Nivade v2 design.

Independent
28-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Here's my design I've created for Nivade v2, I still need to design something to end the box or something.. Please don't flame this thread, if you have something that doesn't relate to this layout or is harsh please don't bother posting, feel free to PM me.

http://www.tehupload.com/images/1101375045162layout.bmp

Obviously that's not all of the layout, I also need to create some sort of content box, but I'd love your feedback and ideas on the layout, maybe even the content box.

[Oli]
28-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd love to help out by giving opinion & tips,
But I can't say much of that can't I ?

Not that it's bad.. it's just.. not alot, theres not enough content on that for me to be able to judge it.

Independent
28-06-2008, 09:31 PM
;4863600']I'd love to help out by giving opinion & tips,

Not that it's bad.. it's just.. not alot, theres not enough content on that for me to be able to judge it.
I suppose you need to see how it looks in a browser;
http://www.nivade.com/GJW208W/

Coded in DIVS and CSS.

Could you reccomend any ideas for the content box please?

Klydo
28-06-2008, 09:31 PM
;4863600']I'd love to help out by giving opinion & tips,

Similar here, it's actually confusing me on what is what. As there are two bars that look the same, I thought you were asking us to compare the two... :S

I do have one suggest, that is to aviod using Trebuchet MS as a content text. It's great for headings but for paragraphs it doesn't look so good. Something like Arial with a nice letter spacing would do the job better.

Another thing is in your code instead of having all that elements in the <body> tag just simply put them in body{} in your CSS like so;

body {
margin: 0px;
font: 12px "Trebuchet MS";
}

Independent
28-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Similar here, it's actually confusing me on what is what. As there are two bars that look the same, I thought you were asking us to compare the two... :S
Nope, I am requesting feedback and ideas on how it can be improved.

[Oli]
28-06-2008, 09:37 PM

I do have one suggest, that is to aviod using Trebuchet MS as a content text. It's great for headings but for paragraphs it doesn't look so good. Something like Arial with a nice letter spacing would do the job better.

After seeing the link, I kind of aggree with him:

to many dark (similar) bars packed underneith eachother
if you work with liquid designs, try to have some padding (space) from the left side where your content (text) is, because it's hard to read it when a letter or a word is pressed against the side of your screen
try using your gray theme color combined with 1 theme color, meaning add 1 color in there, because at this time it looks to .. boring [not offensive] but theres nothing which catches your attention, professionals have said it's best to have 1 or 2 eye-catchers on your site design, you know, the thing you look at the first time you see it

Anyway keep working on it,
Good luck

Independent
28-06-2008, 09:39 PM
;4863616']After seeing the link, I kind of aggree with him:

to many dark (similar) bars packed underneith eachother
if you work with liquid designs, try to have some padding (space) from the left side where your content (text) is, because it's hard to read it when a letter or a word is pressed against the side of your screen
try using your gray theme color combined with 1 theme color, meaning add 1 color in there, because at this time it looks to .. boring [not offensive] but theres nothing which catches your attention, professionals have said it's best to have 1 or 2 eye-catchers on your site design, you know, the thing you look at the first time you see it

Anyway keep working on it,
Good luck
Thank you for your response, I'll give it/them a go. :)

Agnostic Bear
28-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Trebuchet MS sucks, stop using it.

Independent
28-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Trebuchet MS sucks, stop using it.
Not many people have Calibri, so I can't use that as a font and Trebuchet MS is the closest font too it.

Klydo
28-06-2008, 09:58 PM
You should be trying to use font families rather than a singular option. Like;

font: 12px "Trebuchet MS", Arial, sans-serif;

That way if someone doesn't have a particular font it uses the next one in the line. So you can define it to use whatever font you want in your case "Calibri" and it will use it if they have it.

Hypertext
29-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Continuing on from Klydo, sans-serif should always be last in your list as 9 times out of 10 it never gets there unless there on windows 95 or something.:)

NEW-START
29-06-2008, 05:40 AM
You slate other people's work? Are you pissed or something?

Hitman
29-06-2008, 09:19 AM
From the image you can't see much, in the browser it's just as bad. The images took a while to load... why is the bottom part of the layout white? It looks unfinished.

I suggest you make it all dark and indent the text, maybe put some boxes there or something?

I'm not being 'harsh' just giving you some honest c&c.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 11:29 AM
In all honesty that looks rubbish. You're trying to break into a market where design counts - you won't get far with that. 3 block headers don't look good together, maybe try one big header and some sub banners. Try not to go with a black theme, todays market want light and vibrant colours that stand out.

Also as people have said - stop using trebechuet MS, it doesn't look professional.

Agnostic Bear
29-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Continuing on from Klydo, sans-serif should always be last in your list as 9 times out of 10 it never gets there unless there on windows 95 or something.:)

Or you could just use arial which most operating systems have.

Klydo
29-06-2008, 12:19 PM
In all honesty that looks rubbish. You're trying to break into a market where design counts - you won't get far with that. 3 block headers don't look good together, maybe try one big header and some sub banners. Try not to go with a black theme, todays market want light and vibrant colours that stand out.

Also as people have said - stop using trebechuet MS, it doesn't look professional.
About the colours... not quite.

Bebo = dark
Netlog = dark
VIRB = dark

There are a lot of popular social networks which use darker colours. VIRB being the best at it, as we all know it's the best social network around.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 12:27 PM
About the colours... not quite.

Bebo = dark
Netlog = dark
VIRB = dark

There are a lot of popular social networks which use darker colours. VIRB being the best at it, as we all know it's the best social network around.Did you ever wonder why bebo is going down hill:P

Klydo
29-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Did you ever wonder why bebo is going down hill:P
As AOL bought it, everything AOL owns gets discrimnated against by American users. It has nothing to do with the colour.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 12:34 PM
As AOL bought it, everything AOL owns gets discrimnated against by American users. It has nothing to do with the colour.Haha, but anyway if you look virb and netlog they use other colours aswell, thus blending very well. Nivade is just using block colours.

Klydo
29-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Haha, but anyway if you look virb and netlog they use other colours aswell, thus blending very well. Nivade is just using block colours.
The ultimate social network would be Facebook's users on the VIRB platform. If that was achieved they social networking heaven would be alive!

Excellent
29-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I didn't even know that facebook had that many registered.

Independent
29-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Stop going off topic please, there is a forum for that.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Stop going off topic please, there is a forum for that.How is this off-topic? Your website is aiming to be a social network, me and klydo were discussing social networks. Totally relevant.

Plux
29-06-2008, 01:17 PM
How is this off-topic? Your website is aiming to be a social network, me and klydo were discussing social networks. Totally relevant.

No, he wants you to DISCUSS HIS DESIGN, not your SOCIAL NETWORKS.
So take your head out your ***.

Edited by Kaotix12 (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 01:20 PM
No, he wants you to DISCUSS HIS DESIGN, not your SOCIAL NETWORKS.
So take your head out your ***.And I discussed it, then me and klydo were discussing about social network colour schemes - totally relevant.
No need to swear little josh.

Agnostic Bear
29-06-2008, 01:24 PM
And I discussed it, then me and klydo were discussing about social network colour schemes - totally relevant.

Not relevant, his design isn't a social network colour scheme, so why are you discussing social network colour schemes?

Excellent
29-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Not relevant, his design isn't a social network colour scheme, so why are you discussing social network colour schemes?The block black and grey is. We was discussing colour schemes as that is what he is using in that design.

Plux
29-06-2008, 02:01 PM
And I discussed it, then me and klydo were discussing about social network colour schemes - totally relevant.

Contradicted yourself, you said you were discussing Social Networks
so, stop trying to avoid the blame.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Contradicted yourself, you said you were discussing Social Networks
so, stop trying to avoid the blame.I'm guessing you're stupid enough not to read through what me and klydo talked about:rolleyes:
Enough threads have been locked due to your failure of respect - not fair if this one gets it too.

Back on-topic: I really think you should use 1-2 bars and not 3 as they look stacked. Try bringing in some other colours maybe?

Independent
29-06-2008, 03:38 PM
How is this off-topic? Your website is aiming to be a social network, me and klydo were discussing social networks. Totally relevant.
I was asking for feedback about the layout NOT social network discussion.

I also read what you/he said and the critism was NOT constructive so I don't believe it's a failure of respect on my half so please shut up, and I'd be happy if you did not post in this thread again.

Klydo
29-06-2008, 04:11 PM
We were discussing social network layouts morons. If you haven't noticed, this layout the thread is all about is for a social network. Therefore we were on topic and discussing how the layout would suit a social network. Get off your high horses and lick some dirt, taste the truth babbyyyy!!!

Excellent
29-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I was asking for feedback about the layout NOT social network discussion.

I also read what you/he said and the critism was NOT constructive so I don't believe it's a failure of respect on my half so please shut up, and I'd be happy if you did not post in this thread again.Look, boy, if you cannot take my comments, don't ask for them.

Independent
29-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Look, boy, if you cannot take my comments, don't ask for them.
I only ever ask for constructive critism, so stop trying to flame my thread as your not getting very far.

Jackboy
29-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Wheres the nav?

Pazza
29-06-2008, 05:28 PM
The gradients dont go together.
And it looks stupid with 2 gradients (headers) with plain grey between

Excellent
29-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I only ever ask for constructive critism, so stop trying to flame my thread as your not getting very far.And I gave it. As for flaming.. there is a lot to flame about that design but I gave crticism.

Plux
29-06-2008, 07:08 PM

You know professional? :rolleyes:

Klydo
29-06-2008, 07:13 PM
You know professional? :rolleyes:
Seems like he does to me, in all honesty the "InterStudios" crew haven't been showing a single bit of professionalism. Compared to InterStudios he is god of professionalism.

Excellent
29-06-2008, 07:16 PM
You know professional? :rolleyes:Well I sure know a lot more than you sonny:P

Agnostic Bear
29-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Seems like he does to me, in all honesty the "InterStudios" crew haven't been showing a single bit of professionalism. Compared to InterStudios he is god of professionalism.

Hey hey hey hey I haven't even said anything :8

NEW-START
29-06-2008, 07:44 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP, ALL OF YOU!! ;@;@;@

(apart from Dan 'cause he is better than you)

If you want to have some hissy fight over Social Network colour schemes then moan at each other for posting off topic (which, surprisingly pulls the topic away again) get each others MSN's and have some group convo.

Can we actually discuss Nivade without having you lot pull the eyeballs out of each other of the colour grey?

Plux
29-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Well I sure know a lot more than you sonny:P

Ok. :rolleyes:

Independent
29-06-2008, 07:48 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP, ALL OF YOU!! ;@;@;@

(apart from Dan 'cause he is better than you)

If you want to have some hissy fight over Social Network colour schemes then moan at each other for posting off topic (which, surprisingly pulls the topic away again) get each others MSN's and have some group convo.

Can we actually discuss Nivade without having you lot pull the eyeballs out of each other of the colour grey?
Yay, thanks for cutting to the point, +REP when I can.

Protege
29-06-2008, 08:29 PM

I don't see why you have to bring everyone behind InterStudios and compare them against another individual. If you have matters with Josh's "professionalism", sort that out with him. Nethertheless we do not target the Habbo audience or anyone who may visit Habbo, so professionalism between members of InterStudios shouldn't really matter on a teenager/young adult website.

If you still have problems with InterStudios, I suggest you e-mail [email protected].

Ontopic: A change of fonts may make it look a bit better. :)

Independent
01-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't see why you have to bring everyone behind InterStudios and compare them against another individual. If you have matters with Josh's "professionalism", sort that out with him. Nethertheless we do not target the Habbo audience or anyone who may visit Habbo, so professionalism between members of InterStudios shouldn't really matter on a teenager/young adult website.

If you still have problems with InterStudios, I suggest you e-mail [email protected].

Ontopic: A change of fonts may make it look a bit better. :)
Thanks.

Thanks for the good feedback everyone, I think I am on the way to developing a semi-alright layout :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!