PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft problems

Stitch
29-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Ok i just formatted my computer and i tried to download IE7 and my download speed just kept going down and down and down. So i thought i'd try Firefox instead and that downloaded fine. Then i tried to download Windows Live Messenger it downloaded fine but when i tried to install it it said it couldn't install. I tried it three times and its doing the same thing. It ust seems a bit weird that both of them are Microsoft so there might be a problem with Microsoft at the moment.

Is this just a coincidence or what? Any ideas on how to get WLM working. I might just wait for ages for IE7 to download.

Decode
29-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Ok i just formatted my computer and i tried to download IE7 and my download speed just kept going down and down and down. So i thought i'd try Firefox instead and that downloaded fine. Then i tried to download Windows Live Messenger it downloaded fine but when i tried to install it it said it couldn't install. I tried it three times and its doing the same thing. It ust seems a bit weird that both of them are Microsoft so there might be a problem with Microsoft at the moment.

Is this just a coincidence or what? Any ideas on how to get WLM working. I might just wait for ages for IE7 to download.
With WLM you downlaod an installer that then downloads WLM (via the installer). Go to www.speedtest.net click use recomended server (at the top), and post the results here.

Recursion
29-06-2008, 07:36 PM
The windows live installer never works for me either, search google for a standalone installer.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!