View Full Version : Finally

Armal
30-06-2008, 03:13 PM
In Game XMB and trophies should be here July 2nd

http://blog.us.playstation.com/
Some cool videos on there too

Technologic
30-06-2008, 05:48 PM
obv. a birthday present for me (15 on 2nd july)

FINALLY

kano
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
are theses "trophies" like xbox360 achievements?

Neil
01-07-2008, 03:49 PM
are theses "trophies" like xbox360 achievements?

Yea they're pretty much the same in just about every way but increase your "level" instead of a gamerscore xD

Jordan3606
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah but they are different in other ways too

A game can only give out a certain amount of trophies and percentages on each one.

For example, getting all the trophies on Warhawk, wont get you any more points to level up than getting all the trophies on PAIN. Each game (when you've collected all the trophies) contributes equally towards your level, so you wont find one game giving you more score than any others.

Once you unlock every trophy in the game (Bronze ones, silver ones and gold ones), you also earn a platinum trophy.

kano
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah but they are different in other ways too

A game can only give out a certain amount of trophies and percentages on each one.

For example, getting all the trophies on Warhawk, wont get you any more points to level up than getting all the trophies on PAIN. Each game (when you've collected all the trophies) contributes equally towards your level, so you wont find one game giving you more score than any others.

Thats exactly that same as 360 achievements. The maximum amount of point shipped with a game is 1000 points. Devs can then add an extra 125 (not sure if thats the right amount).

To me it just seems Sony are stealing some xbox ideas( just like they did with the sixaxis motion sense thing) and also trying to get people to buy more games to get a high number.

btw im not a xbox fanboy i do have a ps3 aswell

awelsh
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
bets on when this will be delayed too? Or somehow they will "forget" to put the updates in the update and all we get is 30mins of downloading for a security update that makes no difference atall.

Jordan3606
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Thats exactly that same as 360 achievements. The maximum amount of point shipped with a game is 1000 points. Devs can then add an extra 125 (not sure if thats the right amount).

To me it just seems Sony are stealing some xbox ideas( just like they did with the sixaxis motion sense thing) and also trying to get people to buy more games to get a high number.

btw im not a xbox fanboy i do have a ps3 aswell

Ah didnt know about that on the 360 (the max 1000 points thing) :P

Trophies are still more in depth than Acheivements though, I'm not saying its a good nor bad thing, but they are

Acheivements are pretty much do this and get x amount of points

To gain trophies, sure, you gotta do something in game, but each trophy is either bronze, silver or gold. You then get a platinum trophy for obtaining all the trophies in a single game. You can rank up through xp gained from trophies (like cod4, lol) and when the Home beta comes out in Autumn, you can show them off in your pad :P

There are things similar to acheivements and there are things different too :)

bets on when this will be delayed too? Or somehow they will "forget" to put the updates in the update and all we get is 30mins of downloading for a security update that makes no difference atall.

I bet you my PS3 it wont be delayed ;)

Sony never really give solid release dates anyway, other than saying 'we are aiming to have it launched by *insert month here*' which is sometimes bloody annoying because you dont know the actual date :(

but yeah anyway, it wont be delayed and I'm sure security updates actually do something with regards to piracy, but probably just something thats not really visible to the user.

Blinger1
02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
On another forum I go on, which is mainly a gaming one (QJ), there is some guy who works for a gaming magazine i believe and he has confirmed that it is tomorrow (2nd of July).
He also has a test unit i think it is?

Neil
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Ah didnt know about that on the 360 (the max 1000 points thing) :P

Trophies are still more in depth than Acheivements though, I'm not saying its a good nor bad thing, but they are

Acheivements are pretty much do this and get x amount of points

To gain trophies, sure, you gotta do something in game, but each trophy is either bronze, silver or gold. You then get a platinum trophy for obtaining all the trophies in a single game. You can rank up through xp gained from trophies (like cod4, lol) and when the Home beta comes out in Autumn, you can show them off in your pad :P

There are things similar to acheivements and there are things different too :)

There is only two differences between achievements and throphies
1 they can be used in HOME
2 you get a throphy for getting every other throphy

Those are the only differences between the two, Sony gave you a "level" I assume that's called a "Gamer Level" or something, Microsoft have "Gamerscore" the only difference there is instead of using your points as experience it's just a full number, Sonys is exactly the same but you see your total level instead of the full score

I do think that having a "gamer level" is alot better but Sony obviously stole this from MS, they saw games selling really well just for the gamerscore people obtained from them so they did the same thing for PS3 to try sell more games, it's a shame that not every game is going to have this, I would of guite liked to try unlock all the trophies in Motorstorm when I go to my uncles xD

awelsh
02-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Got the update, looking pretty boring so far. Trophies being available now seems to be useless as no decent games have the system. Not a single person on my friends list has a trophy so far, and wow I like the new search function they put in, now I dont have to go to internet type in google.com and search from that, I can simply be lazy and search using the new amazing function. Lame.

Frodo13.
02-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Got the update, looking pretty boring so far. Trophies being available now seems to be useless as no decent games have the system. Not a single person on my friends list has a trophy so far, and wow I like the new search function they put in, now I dont have to go to internet type in google.com and search from that, I can simply be lazy and search using the new amazing function. Lame.

Isn't that the point of the Search Tool? I like it as it don't take long, something it normally does do as I use the on-screen keyboard.

brandon
02-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Is that in-game XMB actually working on any game at the moment? I don't think I'm even gonna bother with it until patches are released for music etc.

Frodo13.
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Is that in-game XMB actually working on any game at the moment? I don't think I'm even gonna bother with it until patches are released for music etc.

The in-game XMB works, but only throphies for one game atm, which sucks.

Jordan3606
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Dude, this has been out less than 24hrs and you're already moaning that all the decent games dont have trophies.. LOL

Give the devs time to patch them in or download Superstardust HD if you want some (I've got 2, WOOP)

Warhawk is being patched for trophies, and all the first party games coming out for PS3 this year will support them I think, along with most third party games as Sony are making them a requirement.

If they delayed 2.40 and waited for devs to patch the games for in game music and trophies first, you'd moan anyway :rolleyes:

awelsh
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Actually I couldnt have cared if it was delayed, I would have thought sony would have bothered to tell game devs long before hand to release patches for trophies so it would have at least had a good start. I keep getting errors too when I click profiles it tells me Error : (FFFFFF)

Pretty annoying, also the in game music doesnt work on games yet either so no ones seen how good it is in action yet. Plus it can only play from the PS3 HDD, thought they could have gotten it to work with pc's seeing as the PS3 can sync music from them anyway.

I realise how regative im being about it but sony have been bragging about this for ages, but to be honest they havent looked to plan much with only one game having trophie support and they still have bugs in there. Hopefully HOME will have a much better launch than this.

Wootzeh
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
hahaha reverted back to 2.36 sorry guys

Neil
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
The in-game XMB works, but only throphies for one game atm, which sucks.

I thought like 2 games that are already out will get them from the start then stuff like Motorstorm 2 are confirmed to have them when they're out? :S

Hopefully Motorstorm and GT5 Prolouge get patched to include throphies then I can get them xD

Frodo13.
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I thought like 2 games that are already out will get them from the start then stuff like Motorstorm 2 are confirmed to have them when they're out? :S

Hopefully Motorstorm and GT5 Prolouge get patched to include throphies then I can get them xD

Maybe is is 2 then? All I knew about was SuperStardust HD. Uncharted, Pain and Warhawk trophies are coming soon :)

Neil
02-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Maybe is is 2 then? All I knew about was SuperStardust HD. Uncharted, Pain and Warhawk trophies are coming soon :)

Yea there is some game I think it's one of them arcade games I'm not really sure lol, the guy that showed it off in the video posted the other day was saying that there is 2 games with them

awelsh
03-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Yerah theres two, Superstardust HD and Pixel Monsters. Dont know which pixel monsters version though, either monsters or eden but I dont even know the difference between them

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!