PDA

View Full Version : Find me a monitor!

Recursion
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello,

Righty-o then! New monitor time! (Birthday coming up).

I am looking for a Samsung or Dell monitor, 24" widescreen (24" is full HD yeas?) I want to plug my 360 (VGA) and PC (DVI) into it.

So, I have no idea about contrast ratio and all that rubbish, And I will +REP where possible :)

Tom

N!ck
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Hello,

Righty-o then! New monitor time! (Birthday coming up).

I am looking for a Samsung or Dell monitor, 24" widescreen (24" is full HD yeas?) I want to plug my 360 (VGA) and PC (DVI) into it.

So, I have no idea about contrast ratio and all that rubbish, And I will +REP where possible :)

Tom

Make sure it is at least 1920x1080 for it to be full HD.

That's your baby. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130991

Andys
01-07-2008, 09:05 PM
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130991
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/141321

don't get a dell, too pricey :P

Recursion
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks! :)

Ill go for the Samsung Nick linked to :P Ill have to add you to my sig, I need to spread rep :P

Metric1
02-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Get a Dell Ultrasharp!

Hypertext
02-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Whats your budget - I'd get a hanns-g 28incher in the US they're about $500.00 don't know how much in the UK. Happy birthday.

Recursion
02-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I found a Dell monitor with all the bells and whistles, HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component etc etc.... but it was far too expensive.

£300 is my budget, and it will be used for graphic design, gaming, general usage so a low response time is essential. Right now N!ck's suggestion is at the top of my list.

Hypertext
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
If your doing any hardcore graphic design save save and save some more for Eizo's. But how realistic is that really. I suggest saving a weee bit more and going for a hanns-g 28-incher.

Tomm
02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Why would you want a cheap low quality monitor?

If your doing any hardcore graphic design save save and save some more for Eizo's. But how realistic is that really. I suggest saving a weee bit more and going for a hanns-g 28-incher.

Recursion
02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Not hardcore, more like hardcore gaming

darkchicken101
02-07-2008, 04:14 PM
One of the most important things about a monitor that is almost always overlooked is the type of panel they use. Some Dell monitors are much more expensive than the competition because the type of panel they use is far superior. They display more colours, generally look better and look good at every viewing angle (which is important on a big screen, as different parts of the screen would look different depending on the position you are at and your distance from the screen).

The screens with a low response time (>6ms) are the ones with the lower quality panel (TN). I would not get one of these for any kind of pro or semi-pro graphical work, especially without seeing one in person first. You need to make a call as to your priorities - cheap, quick response time or great colour accuracy and a large colour gamut.

However, as you say your interests are more in gaming and want to keep a low budget, get the one N!ck posted above.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!