PDA

View Full Version : IP Adress problems

mangle
02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Nothing on my network can hold an IP adress anymore. Began with Xbox, now laptop and PC are gone.

20 minutes at max before it d/cs and I have to reset router.

Help?

Decode
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
That used to happen to me all the time, i had a free bt router. If your ISP gave you a free router when you joined then you should be able to phone them up and get a new one.

mangle
02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
A zwire one right?

Haha, BT did the same to me :(

Jack.Lfc
02-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Yer it will be a ****e router, not sending sigtnals out properly. This used to happen to me but over time it has became ok.

iUnknown
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
It's your router, getting mucked up. Possibly because too many connections, anyway, if you got it free from an ISP then explain that it's broken and you want a new one. Otherwise, buy an efficient one.

mangle
03-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Quick question. If I buy a new router, will it mess up the internet to the system? Like would i have to mess around syncing them or would it automatically get picked up by my pc?

iUnknown
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM
You just run the setup CD that comes with the router and do as it says. Simple.

kurtis5561
07-07-2008, 11:55 AM
That used to happen to me all the time, i had a free bt router. If your ISP gave you a free router when you joined then you should be able to phone them up and get a new one.

It's your router, getting mucked up. Possibly because too many connections, anyway, if you got it free from an ISP then explain that it's broken and you want a new one. Otherwise, buy an efficient one.

Your ISP outside of the 12 month warrenty/commitment do not have to replace your router for free, they will charge. Usually ALOT more than buying your own router.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!