PDA

View Full Version : Anime Animatrix

-Eyeless-
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Well guys time to sound ultra noobish :P I watched all of them today and loved them :)

What about you guys? Also is there any sort of anime movie that I should look for that is in the same style as some of them?

</Nooby Anime Comment>

Neversoft
04-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, the Animatrix is pretty good. It's very unique, I can't think of anything quite like it. It's american anime, so the closest thing to that would be Avatar: The Last Airbender or Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Cool, any suggestions for me if I want to start looking at some japanese anime? I really like some of the stuff my mate has, books, movies etc ;)

Neversoft
04-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Well what kinda stuff does your mate have and what film/TV genres are you in to? :P

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I like fantasy and horror... :) I can't remember what he has :(

Neversoft
04-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Some good fantasy animes are... Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Tekkonkinkreet, Utawarerumono, Claymore, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Samurai Champloo and Wolf's Rain.

As for horror... Paranoia Agent, Berserk, Hellsing, Gantz, Darker Than Black and Perfect Blue.

I recommend Death Note the most. :)

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Cool I will have a look for them ;)

Thanks for the help +REP :)

I must spread :(

Coldplay
04-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah good film,

and off topic, how do you do that thing with the thread title lol, the [anime] bit isn't linked to the thread title!!

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
If you start a thread in this section it asks you if you want a prefix, also look at my thread in feedback about them ;)

Plux
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I'd suggest looking at:

Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Beserk, Akira, Afro Samurai, Appleseed

-Eyeless-
05-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the suggestions ;) I will have a look at them :)

Neversoft
05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Some good fantasy animes are... Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Tekkonkinkreet, Utawarerumono, Claymore, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Samurai Champloo and Wolf's Rain.

As for horror... Paranoia Agent, Berserk, Hellsing, Gantz, Darker Than Black and Perfect Blue.

I recommend Death Note the most. :)

Damn... how could I forget. I also recommend Ergo Proxy. It's a mature horror/fantasy/mystery anime. Mature in the sense that it's very intelligent and requires thinking to work out whats happening.

Nemo
05-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh, and i recommend Code Geass aswell as what mr.chris said. Code geass is awesomeeee :]. Its a shame that its still on going and you have to wait a week for each episode

Ugawa
16-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I like fantasy and horror... :) I can't remember what he has :(

Elfen Lied is amazing so is death note.

Ouran high host club is a good one for some giggles, it's really funny and has a good story line.

Eureka seven is also quite good

as of movies i'd recommend metropolis

XX

-Eyeless-
16-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks babes ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!