PDA

View Full Version : Hammond and May to leave Top Gear?

Geraint
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=8796866

Noooooo, they can't split. It won't be the same.

Mario
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i wont watch it without them

Jxames
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Please say they sort something out.

Wouldn't watch it without those two.. :(

Jeremy is good but.. not as good without them

iJoe
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
That would just ruin the whole thing

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 05:03 PM
OMG NO WAY!!!!! That sucks so much!

Tintinnabulate
04-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Dammit I was thinking about what would happen if one of them leaves the show last week :( and its happened.

I hope BBC just give them a damn pay rise otherwise top gear would most likely be boring.

All 3 should get equal pay :s Just get James and Hammond to do more stuff.

Coldplay
04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
That sucks, Hammond shouldn't leave =[ (May is boring)

Neversoft
04-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Hammond and May seem to do just as much as Jeremy, they should get equal payment. It would suck without them.

GommeInc
04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
They all do their fair share with TopGear, so they should all have a fair payment...

Dan2nd
04-07-2008, 05:35 PM
That sucks, Hammond shouldn't leave =[ (May is boring)

In my opinion its James May being boring which makes a lot of the tasks funny as hell lol!

If either of them were to leave I'd be put off topgear

Test:Tube:Baby
04-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I really hope they don't leave :(

They're just as big a part of Top Gear as Jeremy is. I bet a lot of viewers wouldn't watch it if it was just Clarkson on his own.

Maybe this will also mean they share the test drives more evenly? It seems that everytime a big, expensive supercar comes out it's always Jeremy who gets to drive it and the other 2 are landed with whatever's left over.

mangle
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Without them, it sucks.

Smiddy
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I really hope they don't leave :(

They're just as big a part of Top Gear as Jeremy is. I bet a lot of viewers wouldn't watch it if it was just Clarkson on his own.

Maybe this will also mean they share the test drives more evenly? It seems that everytime a big, expensive supercar comes out it's always Jeremy who gets to drive it and the other 2 are landed with whatever's left over.
In the past Hammonds used to do car tests too, I think he's starting to do them again this series (last series they were recorded whilst Hammonds was recovering from his crash, I believe).

Either way though, they should all stay, the banter they make with each other is genius.

Test:Tube:Baby
04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
In the past Hammonds used to do car tests too, I think he's starting to do them again this series (last series they were recorded whilst Hammonds was recovering from his crash, I believe).

Either way though, they should all stay, the banter they make with each other is genius.
True, but James and Richard have never been quite as involved in the show as Jeremy.

I think they should all be treated as equals in the show. Jeremy always gets the best jobs to do while James and Richard sort of act as followers.

I'd love to see James do more cos he's hilarious ;)

--ss--
04-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Just wouldn't be the same.

superfly-dan
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
It wouldn't be the same without them :(

Coldplay
04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
To be fair, Jeremy Clarkson has been there since the show started, he's been there in the early days before Hammond and May were even there, so he does deserve more recognition.

Moh
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't think they will leave.

1) Its the biggest car show in UK
2) No one would watch it if they all wasn't in it

BBC would then loose viewers at the time of the show.

So I reckon BBC will up there pay xD

It wouldn't be the same without:

Clarkson - Wanting to impress on the tasks
Hammond - Wanting to be crazy on the tasks
May - Wants to be original therefore fails on the tasks

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
May is funny because of his wierdness and his difference from the others :)

Smiddy
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
May is funny just because he's so old-fashioned and supposedly out of touch with the modern world.
Hammonds is funny cos he always argues with Clarkson
And Clarkson is funny cos he says the stupidest of things.

my two cents.

CJW93
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Id still love Top Gear but honestly, they cant expect those two to leave and keeps up the hugh standards of the show.

The Professor
04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I didn't even know jeremy got paid more than the others, that's criminal.

Minstrels
04-07-2008, 10:13 PM
If they go, the viewers go. 5th Gear but with the hamster and May anyone?

Meanies
04-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Won't be the same without them.

I like how in the BB forum things always get [SPOILER] put in the thread title after an hour or so, yet this has nothing.

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Won't be the same without them.

I like how in the BB forum things always get [SPOILER] put in the thread title after an hour or so, yet this has nothing.

It doesn't count as a spoiler it is about the people rather than what is going to happen within the program. If somebody said, oh they are going to do so and so challenge... thenit might be seen differently ;)

Meanies
04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
It doesn't count as a spoiler it is about the people rather than what is going to happen within the program. If somebody said, oh they are going to do so and so challenge... thenit might be seen differently ;)

I'd class it as a spoiler. Not the actual post, but the title. Something like 'Presenters leaving Top Gear' would've been more appropriate for those that didn't want to know and find out for themselves ;)

-Eyeless-
04-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Well it comes down to interpretation of the rule ;)

FlyingJesus
04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Clarkson's the least funny and most annoying of them anyway

PaintYourTarget
05-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I thought Clarkson was a producer of the show as well, that's why he was getting paid more?
And MSN News is always rumour milling, they'll make something out of nothing - they'll probably sign their contracts and just move along, seeing as we've heard nothing about it from either of the presenters or the BBC. The show's too big for them to leave. They'd be stupid too as they wont get a better offer or show elsewhere. I mean, does anyone remember Hammond's Five oclock show on itv? No?.

RyanDOT
05-07-2008, 11:46 AM
I heard there was going to be another presenter coming on. But they are amazin', if they both leave. Top Gear will be DEAD.:'(

Wootzeh
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
James may hasn't demanded a pay rise similar to Jeremy Clarkson according to his agent so it sounds like he's staying.

Hazza
05-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I doubt they would leave - Celebrities are getting too greedy nowadays.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!