PDA

View Full Version : Habbowood is advertised on msn messenger!

Grabbed
23-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh my god. I didnt know sulake had expanded their promotion all the way to msn messenger, but heres the proof:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/Reeski/habbowoodonmsn.png

The Professor
23-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Great find rep+ Sulake are desperate. The compo has closed too..... so whats the point?

EDIT: Cant give any rep to you because it says i have to spread rep around. Damn forum -.-'

Causmo
23-06-2005, 07:06 PM
not on my msn and quite unlikely

Roboevil
23-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, There is aload of adverts on Msn, Ebay, Nokia, Orange etc. I doubt they would make an advertisement for Msn, don't they forbid it?

Azza
23-06-2005, 07:09 PM
They must be low on profets.

ross
23-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Nice find.

Discountguy
23-06-2005, 07:10 PM
well that is disgusting if habbo are advertising on msn, Habbo hotel are so against people talking about msn and then they advertise on it

one word

hypocrites

Roboevil
23-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry but when you hovver your mouse over the advertisement it doesn't say "Click Here!" so, this is un-true.
lol, I see, silly Reeski. Could we have some more 'proof' or something?

Kitash
23-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Haha thats cool, I didnt see it yet

BlueTails
23-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Very True Mate!

Charizard.
23-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Seems a little unbelieveable.. But I suppose, It could happen.

Steven
23-06-2005, 07:25 PM
thats fake.
When you hover your mouse over it a hand icon [pointer] appears where is this?
exactly. just a fake. sorry. and habbo would NOT advertise it on msn

Joker!
23-06-2005, 07:31 PM
It might be a fake it might be real the only way we can find out if he tells the truth so im
going to ask you:

Is that real yes or no?

No point lieing becasue that just stupidness

GommeInc
23-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Very unlikely they can advertise that for a start and I dont see a Click Here!

Grabbed
23-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Of course its real do you honestly think I would make that up. and by the way when you put your mouse over an advertisement it does say click here.

Edit: Nightmare, when you make a screenie your pointer doesnt appear where you paste it

disco
23-06-2005, 07:34 PM
on msn when you hover over a advertisement it soes say clikc here but theres no exclamation mark...

Sarah.Dream
23-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Whenever i go onto MSN all i get is loan adverts and other rubbish, but i have never seen habbo or any virtual chat rooms advertise on msn.

Seacat
23-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Actually before you are all like 'itz so fakke"!11!' i would check your facts, as it has been posted by _Olam_ on Habboforum too with a different screenshot, the one posted by _Olam_ was an advertisement in the window where you read your emails.

Sarah.Dream
23-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Who Said it was fake picture?

Seacat
23-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Erm, not been rude, but are you reading the thread? :s I can take a couple of examples now:

'thats fake.
When you hover your mouse over it a hand icon [pointer] appears where is this?
exactly. just a fake. sorry. and habbo would NOT advertise it on msn'

'I'm sorry but when you hovver your mouse over the advertisement it doesn't say "Click Here!" so, this is un-true.'

Who Said it was fake picture?

GommeInc
23-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Mine doesn't say Click Here :(

Steven
23-06-2005, 08:05 PM
I take it all back. I am sorry. but I do not read this habbo forum.

I apologise

Seacat
23-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Theres nothing to be sorry about for not reading habbo forum, its just when somebody posts news WITHOUT screenshots everyone is like 'we want proof!1!' and then someone posts news WITH screenshots and everyone goes 'this is fake!!' -- people just can't win.

Then when people say it's fake, they dont have any proof that its fake, but the person who created the thread has proof that its real - so if you have nothing to back up your claims then why make them in the first place? :s

Sarah.Dream
23-06-2005, 10:09 PM
i wasn't being nasty i was actually asking WHO, names!

i wasnt saying you were lying

Seacat
23-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Like I said, read the posts. I gave you examples but I don't think it's fair to give names, you will have to check the thread for that.

i wasn't being nasty i was actually asking WHO, names!

i wasnt saying you were lying

GommeInc
23-06-2005, 10:20 PM
If someone told me there was Adverts on the MSN Hotmail area then I would of believed them to appear on the Messeger because most adverts do, except Crazy Frog i think. When you sign up for hotmail doesn't it ask what sort of emails/adverts you want? Maybe Habbo is under one of them.

Seacat
23-06-2005, 10:39 PM
BTW just verifying that when you hold your cursor over the Habbo advertisement on messenger it actually DOES say 'Click Here!' as I have now seen the advertisement for myself. :p

You
23-06-2005, 10:42 PM
BTW just verifying that when you hold your cursor over the Habbo advertisement on messenger it actually DOES say 'Click Here!' as I have now seen the advertisement for myself. :p
Yea i saw it too, it does say click here :p

Jamie
24-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't see any ad's since I have an 'ad blocker' all I see a messager sign
Loving the annoying peoples list ;)

Flava
24-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Different adverts have different styles. Some adverts are "flash", so nothing happens when your mouse is put over them. Some are just pictures, like in HTML and they can be coded so text appears when your mouse is put over them.

Also about the fact its "disgusting" because MSN isn't allowed - well it's totally false. Habbo never said not to use MSN - they simply said it is unsafe to give out your address, which is true. To them - your safety is most important, because if you get into bother with a 50+ year old man/woman, then it's Habbo who will be blamed. Just because of this, it doesn't mean it's wrong for them to advertise on their website - because a lot of people use MSN, so Habbo will get more visitors.

Someone on the news system said that its unfair because MSN don't get credit, because MSN is filtered. Well MSN are being paid tons of money by Habbo - they don't just let them advertise for free. Hope this cleared a few things.

Cheezy2
24-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Lmao I completely agree Seacat and Flava.

I also can't believe the posts about how "Sulake are losing profits, so they are forced to advertise" think of the logic, for crying out loud! You're basically saying that a company isn't allowed to advertise unless their annual profit margin is decreasing every year? Rubbish. Seriously, do you also think that sulake are losing money with New hotels open, more people, more competitions... Definitely not.

And as for the MSN thing, why can't they advertise on MSN? :/ Just because they dont allow you to say it on Habbo, or give your emails out, doesn't mean that they can't pay the money to have a banner there.

Some people are just so hard to please!

lucyecc
24-06-2005, 07:24 AM
They must be low on profets.

they need more rares out then we can give them there 25 credits = (how much pennies) ?

Flava
24-06-2005, 02:01 PM
They aren't low on profits for god sake..
Let me teach you all about business. When a main business opens, it's first objective is to survive within the market. Habbo has been up for like 4 years and so it's probably clear to see that it's surviving. The more obvious objective, is to make more money than they spend. They are most definately doing this - simply because it costs them nothing to give you furniture, and you pay for it.

Another objective is to EXPAND and GROW. Oh my, what a coincidence. Habbo is a business with just under 10,000 users, and it's advertising on one of the biggest websites in the whole world. Pretty obvious to see that it is trying to expand.

Remember years ago when Habbo Uk barely had 1000-2000 users? Then then they had a campaign with sponsors such as Sunny Delight, and the daily average of users shot up to around 8000? That was expansion..

Oh need I mention that they've just released a habbo shop, TV adverts and have had some hefty sponsors and adverts on their site recently, such as the Always Salon and Coca Cola?

I'd also like to point out that the only reason MSN is filtered on Habbo, is because some people ARE stupid enough to give out their MSN details. Yet again you'd all rather be unsafe wouldn't you?

Just give them a break for once.

RLY-CRAIG?
24-06-2005, 02:10 PM
It must have cost them a lot but they must be desperate! :o

Flava
24-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Desperate?!
READ MY POST.
THEY ARE EXPANDING.

They just want over 10,000 USERS A DAY! OMG *EXPLODES*

Grabbed
24-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes thank you seacat, and all the others who believed me. Smiddy1234 has posted another ad on the other thread, and even seacat posted this news on the habbox homepage...

You
24-06-2005, 04:10 PM
They aren't low on profits for god sake..
Let me teach you all about business. When a main business opens, it's first objective is to survive within the market. Habbo has been up for like 4 years and so it's probably clear to see that it's surviving. The more obvious objective, is to make more money than they spend. They are most definately doing this - simply because it costs them nothing to give you furniture, and you pay for it.

Another objective is to EXPAND and GROW. Oh my, what a coincidence. Habbo is a business with just under 10,000 users, and it's advertising on one of the biggest websites in the whole world. Pretty obvious to see that it is trying to expand.

Remember years ago when Habbo Uk barely had 1000-2000 users? Then then they had a campaign with sponsors such as Sunny Delight, and the daily average of users shot up to around 8000? That was expansion..

Oh need I mention that they've just released a habbo shop, TV adverts and have had some hefty sponsors and adverts on their site recently, such as the Always Salon and Coca Cola?

I'd also like to point out that the only reason MSN is filtered on Habbo, is because some people ARE stupid enough to give out their MSN details. Yet again you'd all rather be unsafe wouldn't you?

Just give them a break for once.
Flava get bent you think you no it all.

Flava
24-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Heh you know I'm right.

You
24-06-2005, 04:37 PM
i do, but you think you no it all :l

Flava
24-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Well hear this - I don't know it all.
Even if I did know it all, what would be wrong with that?

It's funny how when other people give their opinion its okay, yet when I give mine I get branded a big headed freak with no life or something similar. One reason why coming onto this forum is so painful for me. Also your comment of "get bent" was offensive and un-called for.

You
24-06-2005, 04:42 PM
And your bad rep stating Get bent wasnt ?

Flava
24-06-2005, 04:43 PM
And you didn't deserve it? Heh.
I thought you were one of the nice forum members - but I guess I've just found out otherwise.

You
24-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I guess i did deserve it, I can be nice if i feel like it, I guess i just dont like the way you post sometimes

Flava
24-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Why, because I'm stating my opinion? :/

Ranger
24-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Flava get bent you think you no it all.

Correction, he knows more about it than you do, so cease repping about something about which you don't understand.

Habbo paid for the Ad to go there, stop getting so upset, they're spending the money to get it put there, not you.

And I don't want a smart-alec coming along going 'it is our money! we paid for credits so it's ours!'

No, it became theirs when you GAVE them it to get credits. If you can still use that money after you paid then you must be very high up in Sulake.

You
24-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I no he no's more than i do on ****** ol' habbo, i admitted that you fool!

alex126
24-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok get tgis habbo is advertising on msn but its bobbad??

Roboevil
24-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Ok get tgis habbo is advertising on msn but its bobbad??
It's bobba'd to stop paedophiles.

Grabbed
24-06-2005, 07:19 PM
yeah thats what i dont get, I mean it would be the same controversy if they advertised on eBay or something, as you are not allowed to sell accounts on eBay. I know they probably wouldnt use eBay but its like that. they could just as easily use a big site which many people use and that isnt forbidden in any way on habbo, that would bring in new people and wouldnt coause controversy.

=Sean...
24-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Habbo isn't desperate. They are advertising on MSN because they want to expand (like Flava said) and because they have the money to do it. They wouldn't advertise on MSN if they were losing money because it costs a lot.

VERDICT: They have a surplus so they advertise on MSN to expand.

Flava
24-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Again Reeksi, it wouldn't be controversy if they advertised on Ebay. If you think selling your account on Ebay is a good idea, then you're stupid. They are doing these rules for YOUR SAFETY - Doesn't mean they hate MSN or Ebay. I bet Habbo Staff use Ebay and MSN - they just ask that you don't do stupid stuff on it related to Habbo..

Grabbed
25-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I never said selling accounts is a good idea, and I never said habbo hated Msn or eBay, it was only an example.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!