PDA

View Full Version : iTunes music converter [+rep]

Caution
04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
hi.

i've bought music off itunes for my phone but it won't send because of the file type i think. is there a way to convert the file type?

ty.

iUnknown
04-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Could you tell us what the format of the file is and its extension please?

iJoe
04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
there isnt a way i dont think because they are a protected file format, there are loads of sites on google that say you can but i'm not sure

your best burning them to cd and putting them on that way.

Caution
04-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Could you tell us what the format of the file is and its extension please?
It's a 'MPEG-4 Audio File (Protected) (.m4p)'

there isnt a way i dont think because they are a protected file format, there are loads of sites on google that say you can but i'm not sure

your best burning them to cd and putting them on that way.
kk might try that thanks.

iUnknown
04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
It's a 'MPEG-4 Audio File (Protected) (.m4p)'

kk might try that thanks.

If you burn it onto a CD and rip the track off using a cd ripper other than iTunes then yes it'll work. Because it's protected it can't be converted.

If ripping it with another ripper doesn't work then open the CD for browsing (so you see the files) and find the extension/format of the file(s) on it.

Caution
04-07-2008, 11:54 PM
If you burn it onto a CD and rip the track off using a cd ripper other than iTunes then yes it'll work. Because it's protected it can't be converted.

If ripping it with another ripper doesn't work then open the CD for browsing (so you see the files) and find the extension/format of the file(s) on it.
kk i'll do that. thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!