PDA

View Full Version : Shamans to get Hex

Wig44.
05-07-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/07/01/a-hex-on-both-your-houses/

O.O Not amazing by the sounds of it at the end - but it's better than the 0 CC and Anti CC we have now ^^

Charly
05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Its mainly pointed at melee users? Since a mage doesn't have to move to attack lol :P

Bit of a pointless spell really >_> Should be the shamans version of polymorph!

Wig44.
05-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Its mainly pointed at melee users? Since a mage doesn't have to move to attack lol :P

Bit of a pointless spell really >_> Should be the shamans version of polymorph!

Exactly -.-
Shamans asked for CC and especially Hex as it is used by shaman like mobs in ZF (I think) abnd different areas. But it should be polymorph without the health regen and you are a rabbit. Shorter duration also.

Nemo
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Exactly -.-
Shamans asked for CC and especially Hex as it is used by shaman like mobs in ZF (I think) abnd different areas. But it should be polymorph without the health regen and you are a rabbit. Shorter duration also.
If you get it without health regen, mages want sheep without health regen. ;[

Wig44.
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM

No but with a shorter duration.. and higher mana cost

Gnome
05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
if i get this right:

shaman will turn into a frog or something, then move faster, but unable to cast can then unbuff from the move then heal then go back into action?

Charly
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM

Why? :P

if i get this right:

shaman will turn into a frog or something, then move faster, but unable to cast can then unbuff from the move then heal then go back into action?

Noo you know in ZF when you get hexed? Sorta like that!

Sharpsterz
05-07-2008, 09:20 PM
heard about this a while ago

pritty cool maybe for healer aggro

Wig44.
06-07-2008, 08:14 AM
heard about this a while ago

pritty cool maybe for healer aggro

Emergency CC as it says, will suck in PvP on ranged but good against melee, and be pretty good in PvE. Look forward to it so much tbh. But it's coming in WOTLK I gather.

Danzilla
06-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Thats a little pointless, but like you said it will be better in PvE i guess as it can still attack so no good in PvP. I take it if you hex a ranger or spell caster they don't need to move so they can just carry on ranging and casting spell so it won't be no good against them.

.:TeamAmerica:.
08-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Good idea giving them a CC, Shaman's are a support class anyway, they are there fro the WF and GOA. Giving them a means of CC gives us mages some more time to dps. With Warlocks not being so OP in WOtLK, we'll be able to get on top of the dps now :D

Wig44.
08-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Good idea giving them a CC, Shaman's are a support class anyway, they are there fro the WF and GOA. Giving them a means of CC gives us mages some more time to dps. With Warlocks not being so OP in WOtLK, we'll be able to get on top of the dps now :D

If shamans are purely a support class then why have I been high on damage meters in kara (elemental shaman) with similarly geared players and why do resto shamans almost always get picked for raids because of chain heal? And why are elemental and enhancement chosen - surely not because their dps is good with the added bonus of totems. I would agree shamans are partly a supposrt class, nothing can get us over that but your attitude is pretty wrong imo.

Infrontation
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
If shamans are purely a support class then why have I been high on damage meters in kara (elemental shaman) with similarly geared players and why do resto shamans almost always get picked for raids because of chain heal? And why are elemental and enhancement chosen - surely not because their dps is good with the added bonus of totems. I would agree shamans are partly a supposrt class, nothing can get us over that but your attitude is pretty wrong imo.

Shamans are a support class. Damage meters count for ... all really, only a part measure of how effective you are. Elemental shaman = LB LB ES LB LB maybe a CL if you proc mastery or clearcasting procs. More than likely the classes that are around you would be doing more dps if they did a proper rotation, but because some of the other classes have more than 3 Damage dealing abilities people decide to spam ice lance and scorch for some reason. You shouldn't be topping dps charts with ele or enhancement shaman when there are mages, locks, hunters etc. around you.

Axel
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
If you're top of DPS as an elemental shaman then the rest of your DPS are pretty crap... elemental, but mainly enhancement, are usually brought along for their totems. For example 1 Ele Shaman for the Spell Caster Group and 1 Enhance Shammy for the Melee/Ranged group. Shamans still provide nice DPS, but you should be out DPSed by all the pure DPS classes like rogues and mages.

Charly
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Blizz need to rethink this new spell for shammys :P

08-07-2008, 11:39 AM
If you are topping DPS meters on your elemental shaman, your warlocks, rogues and mages fail. Fair enough, they are needed as resto and during many encounters in SWP, they are needed for chain heal, but mainly there for the Bloodlust and totems to boost DPS on Brutallus

Charly
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
If you are topping DPS meters on your elemental shaman, your warlocks, rogues and mages fail. Fair enough, they are needed as resto and during many encounters in SWP, they are needed for chain heal, but mainly there for the Bloodlust and totems to boost DPS on Brutallus

:O You know what your talking about! ;)

EDIT: 1000th Post :]

Infrontation
08-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Bloodlust, WF Totem and Chain heal. The three things that Shamans are good at :>

Nemo
08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
You werent topping them the other day, me and a lock killed you, but you still did good imo. but yer, ur totems are supporting us, therefore a support class. Your damage is good, but not as amazing or good as a mages/locks/hunters as others have said.

Wig44.
09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I never said I topped them :rolleyes:
I said I was quite high.

And actually the rotation is LB LB LB LB CL LB LB LB LB CL unless I'm on a boss where I can 'chain-chug' pots its 3x LB and one CL

09-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Gogo pop Destro. pots, hehe, get some moar dps.

jamie5k
11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
I see alot of you underestimate the dps of an elemental shaman..

I know when I was raiding with my elemental shaman id top the damage meters in quite alot of my raids I went to, and that doesn't mean the other dps were crap considering I haven't been ele for long at the time ;)

I like hex they gave us CC, people wanted hex so they gave us hex so im not going to complain, the reduced movement speed gives us the time to move from our target.

11-07-2008, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=jamie5k;4898763}
id top the damage meters in quite alot of my raids I went to, and that doesn't mean the other dps were crap ;)[/QUOTE]

Gief me a link to your raiding warlocks please, because warlocks really should be raping the dps meter if they can hit one button properly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!