PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Belkin Router

Jackboy
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM
My cousin has a Belkin Wireless Router

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D7633uk4A&aid=7433&scid=314

And on the setup page i am putting the correct username

??????.hg?.btinternet.com

Blanked out for security perhaps lol.

And i am putting in the correct password and it refuses to connect. The phone line light on it just flashes randomly and i am not getting it. It has worked before but now it aint working. The speedtouch modem works fine with the same settings but they really want it to be upgraded to a router.

Any ideas please?

Independent
07-07-2008, 01:06 AM
My cousin has a Belkin Wireless Router

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D7633uk4A&aid=7433&scid=314

And on the setup page i am putting the correct username

??????.hg?.btinternet.com

Blanked out for security perhaps lol.

And i am putting in the correct password and it refuses to connect. The phone line light on it just flashes randomly and i am not getting it. It has worked before but now it aint working. The speedtouch modem works fine with the same settings but they really want it to be upgraded to a router.

Any ideas please?Reset? Pin-hole in the back of your router.

kurtis5561
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
If I remember correctly the BT Internet sign on name format follows the following system

username@hg<number>.btinternet.com

But on the Belkin router aswell as the Phillips range of routers it requires you to select what ISP you use, (On either ADSL or internet or WAN settings)

REMEMBER: ON SOME ROUTERS IT IS IMPORTANT IF IT OFFERS BT YAHOO! AS WELL AS BT BROADBAND YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT ISP
Even though they are the same they use different authorisation servers, If your router only offers one, it will use the generic BT authorisation server

Also are you plugging it into the right socket in the router to the microfilter?

Jackboy
27-09-2008, 04:04 PM
If I remember correctly the BT Internet sign on name format follows the following system

username@hg<number>.btinternet.com

But on the Belkin router aswell as the Phillips range of routers it requires you to select what ISP you use, (On either ADSL or internet or WAN settings)

REMEMBER: ON SOME ROUTERS IT IS IMPORTANT IF IT OFFERS BT YAHOO! AS WELL AS BT BROADBAND YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT ISP
Even though they are the same they use different authorisation servers, If your router only offers one, it will use the generic BT authorisation server

Also are you plugging it into the right socket in the router to the microfilter?

Sorry for late reply, i thought everyone ignored it lol.

I have tried reseting it.

Put details in correct.

I dnt get it! lOl

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!