PDA

View Full Version : Creating study/office

ToxicPaddy
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi :)
Well, I know this may sound crazy, but I really would like to have a personal study/office at home. For work at school and using the computer, I find it would really help. There are no spare rooms here, but my room now is the perfect size for a small office, nice and compact. The only problem is my bed in here. I would easily sleep on the sofa at night, wouldn't mind that at all, its really comfy. I talked to mum and she said I wouldn't like the sofa, but I'm sure I would. I have a nice 90 liter fish tank that would look good in a study, and I have a phone line here too :) Can anyone help, or make suggestions to what I can do?

All help appreciated, +Rep given to helpful answers :)

ToxicPaddy

Mr.Sam
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
get a sofa bed that you can fold down at night time?

ToxicPaddy
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
get a sofa bed that you can fold down at night time?

Would cost to much I think, it needs to be cost efficient. Good idea though, +Rep

Gnome
05-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Would cost to much I think, it needs to be cost efficient. Good idea though, +Rep

can you like, get measurments for your room? I coudl draw out a box room and show some stuff in it for you if you like? and you can alter it to your needs.

ToxicPaddy
05-07-2008, 11:52 PM
can you like, get measurments for your room? I coudl draw out a box room and show some stuff in it for you if you like? and you can alter it to your needs.

This would be a great help, +Rep
Read your PM from me.

Jordy
05-07-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't quite see the point, can't you have a personal section of your room with like your bed and your things, and then a large desk for writing and the computer and then a filing cabinet.

Make it a tidy and light room and you should be in business, an 'L' shaped desk would do it.

ToxicPaddy
05-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't quite see the point, can't you have a personal section of your room with like your bed and your things, and then a large desk for writing and the computer and then a filing cabinet.

Make it a tidy and light room and you should be in business, an 'L' shaped desk would do it.

Lol I know it sounded a bit mad to have a private study. But, I would really like it and find doing schoolwork/computer stuff in a private room makes it better, if you understand me.

Jordy
06-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Lol I know it sounded a bit mad to have a private study. But, I would really like it and find doing schoolwork/computer stuff in a private room makes it better, if you understand me.Yeah absolutely, I'm like that too but my room is too small for a decent desk so the family study is pretty much now mine for computing and school work.

Surely though if you got your room painted in white, took down posters and stuff and then just had a bed, wardrobe, a few personal belongings (Telly, radio or something) and then just have a large desk with a computer and some writing space, that would be very smart surely and when sat at the desk it would feel like a study?

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah absolutely, I'm like that too but my room is too small for a decent desk so the family study is pretty much now mine for computing and school work.

Surely though if you got your room painted in white, took down posters and stuff and then just had a bed, wardrobe, a few personal belongings (Telly, radio or something) and then just have a large desk with a computer and some writing space, that would be very smart surely and when sat at the desk it would feel like a study?

Yes, but if the bed was out it would feel even more like a study :) And I love the posters lol I didn't think about moving them, it could help though. +Rep for help :)

-Jaydee-
06-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Can you post afew pics of the room :D

Just so we can visualize what it could look like.

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Can you post afew pics of the room :D

Just so we can visualize what it could look like.

Go to spam forum, you can see my newish setup.

-Jaydee-
06-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I dont see why you need a whole room as a office, looks like you use a laptop,

so thats small enough just to lay on ur bed and use.

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 12:53 AM
I dont see why you need a whole room as a office, looks like you use a laptop,

so thats small enough just to lay on ur bed and use.

But I have many many other schoolbooks aswell, and a large printer (which I think you can just about see under the desk in photo). Also, I produce more when working in a office/study environment :)

GommeInc
06-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Sounds like all you need is a computer and a telephone to make this office :P Can't you just do that? Sleeping on a sofa gets old fast, and it will eventually wear down the sofa.

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Sounds like all you need is a computer and a telephone to make this office :P Can't you just do that? Sleeping on a sofa gets old fast, and it will eventually wear down the sofa.

Yes but.. I don't know how to put it, or if the idea sounds weird, but I just prefer an office, like it feels better to be in one - if you get me :P

BowTies1
06-07-2008, 12:37 PM
this is stupid why would you want to convert your bedroom into a study and sleep downstairs on the sofa you will also get in peoples way and if people in your house get up early for work they will wake you up aswell

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 12:56 PM
this is stupid why would you want to convert your bedroom into a study and sleep downstairs on the sofa you will also get in peoples way and if people in your house get up early for work they will wake you up aswell

We all get up at around the same time each morning, and there's no need to be rude saying its stupid its just an idea.

Nereo
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Why sleep on the sofa just to have a study :S

BowTies1
06-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Why sleep on the sofa just to have a study :S

exactly the point im putting across

Plank
06-07-2008, 02:06 PM
If it were my house I could never sleep on the sofa because I like a lie-in! What about in school holidays? Do you and your family get up at the same time then?

Why not get one of those bunk beds without a bed at the bottom and like a wardrobe/desk under it?

today
06-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I thought this "sofa" was in your bedroom LOL.

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Nah the sofa isn't in the bedroom, and we do get up around the same time most of the time. And yes, I do like lie ins which is something I didn't think about enough..

today
06-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Just turn your bedroom into half office. Have a small area, in the corner with a desk and computer phone. (:

Keep your bed and make use of your walls. Specially shelves to store paperwork on instead of buying expensive units.

Misawa
06-07-2008, 08:51 PM
You're really not going to need a study instead of a room, that's just silly. You're a student, not some businessman. Be grateful that you have a bed, keep it. All you need is a computer...

ToxicPaddy
06-07-2008, 08:53 PM
You're really not going to need a study instead of a room, that's just silly. You're a student, not some businessman. Be grateful that you have a bed, keep it. All you need is a computer...

At what point did I suggest that I was a businessman? Its just an idea and it might not happen anyway.

Misawa
06-07-2008, 08:55 PM
You didn't, but you're a student, you don't need a study if you don't already have one. It's not anything of great importance if you have a computer anyway, nothing at all to lose a bed over.

today
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
At what point did I suggest that I was a businessman? Its just an idea and it might not happen anyway.
Dont worry he's often mardy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!