PDA

View Full Version : Bicep Muscles!

Hey,

Well I been going GYM lately, I am trying to get my Biceps nice and toned, but at the moment there like hard/big when toned but they don't stand out!

So how do you lose fat around the bicep area for them to like stand out to the girls! LOL

Thanks

Amit

Davii
06-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Doing more reps on lighter weights tones your muscles, doing less on heavier weights make them bigger. Maybe try doing loads of 35kg reps or something

Why 35kg LOL? Normally I vary round 25-40KG for different parts off the body but the arms are like 30KG, sometimes I try to do 40KG!, Normal biceps curls are like 8-10KG! It all varies!

RedStratocas
08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Basically what davii said. less reps with more weight = bigger muscles. more reps with less weight = more tone. so i guess you want to find a balance of both.

Soy
08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Ill give you some advice if your bodybuilding, what us bodybuilders do usualy is build to a point that we are happy with are size and then keep doing that same weight and eventually do more reps and sets. This will tone you more without risk of loosing your arm size

And if you want cuts then simply have a low fat diet and do more cardio
hope this helped

xander
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
If you are doing 8-10kg on Bicep Curls then I'd suggest do the following. Do 1x set of 10reps of 8kg. Make sure your forearm is facing away from you (so that you arm is straight down) and do a rep all the way up, so that your forearm is facing you. Once you've done this have a 20-30 second break then do 1x set of 10 reps of 8kp. Repeat this so you do 4x sets of 10reps of 8kg.
Then after a week, or two (depending on how regularly you do bicep curls a week), raise it to 10kg.

Sometimes when up the gym I do my 4x sets of 15kg, then about an hour later come back and do 4 more, but only if you feel you can.

spot2
08-07-2008, 07:50 PM
you cant spot fat loss just do cardio and preacher curls

Nereo
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
My biceps are huge from my days of working in a pub moving heavy objects around. More effective and cheaper than a gym :P

Excellent
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Wrong wrong wrong wrong and wrong. These people telling you to go in at 30-40kg are idiots who have 1 inch biceps. If you go in all guns blazing you will crash right into a plateux which basically stops you adding more weight to the bar..

If you want tone you will have to do really lightweights with holding/repping at quite a bit, this helps burn the lactic acid from your arm (that burning/gassy sensation) and gives you more tone.

If you just want to get bloody huge I recommend you start low, 2-3 pounds of weight and build right up add on 0.5 each side per week, this will stun your body and trick it into thinking you're adding nothing, easy I know.

It is your choice if you go with what I have said or what others have said but I guarantee you once you get to around 50kg you won't be able to add on anymore weight, thus staying the same build.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!