PDA

View Full Version : Im new to the sims, how do expantion packs work

Bouncing
06-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi, yeh ive got sims 2, but ive never had expantion packs before, all i can imagine is that, you buy one and for example is it called night life? its just like sims 2 but you have the option to invite people for a party and new party equipment is available to buy, and you install it and it goes straight on to sims 2, so yeh if im right just say yeh and give me an example of some more, if im wrong tell me what does happen, and an example of an expantion pack.

Much appreciated :)

Blue
06-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, you are right. It basically adds on new items, places to go, and features. For example, in sims university expansion pack, you could send your sim of to uni instead of going straight to being an adult :)

Eight.
06-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, There all different here is a list

-Sims 2 University - To be able to send your sims to college/Uni

-Sims 2 NightLife - To be able to go downtown and have the ability to drive cars

- Sims 2 Open For Business(I wouldn't reccomend buying) Be able to start a business.

- Sims 2 Pets - To be able to adopt pets (Reccomended for Pet Lovers)

- Sims 2 Seasons - You have seasons such as Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumm and to do lots of activies during the seasons (Highly Reccomended)

- Sims 2 Bon Voyage - To be able to take a Vacation (Quite pointless but there are activites to do)

- Sims 2 Freetime - To be able to do activives and have friends that can grow up with you. (Highly Reccomended)

Remember, You must open the latest expansion pack you have. Instead of the base game.

Bouncing
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM
ahh sounds good!

Eight.
06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Yep.. But just try to avoid Sims 2 Open For Business as it is quite pointless.

Bouncing
06-07-2008, 09:08 PM
will do! quite attracted to free time nightlife and seasons

Mounta1nGoat
07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Make sure you backup all your current sims files incase something goes wrong and also so you can keep your saves.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!