PDA

View Full Version : Postcounts

Agnostic Bear
06-07-2008, 07:39 PM
This is from the "What are you Listening to" thread.

Username Posts
uh huh her 3,823
jesus 2,978
samsaBEAR 2,876

There needs to be something done about post counts if you intend to give people more features n things, posting what you're listening to isn't "contributing" so to speak, it's basically spam, obviously it should be in music, but the post counts need to be disabled for large spam threads like that, then rebuilt to put them down to size, it's stupid that they get more power and more rep than people that have only a few thousand posts that are actually contributing compared to those that just posted what they were listening to a few thousand times.

Edit by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Thread closed. Unfortunately this isn't going to happen in the near future.

cocaine
06-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I totally agree ^

Hazza
06-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Totally agree aswell.

Leetzgirl
agreed as well

Axel
It's just a post count...

Agnostic Bear
06-07-2008, 07:45 PM

They're basically getting extras for spamming the forum.

Ashley
06-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree with this too.

dirrty
06-07-2008, 07:46 PM
i do agree, and this subject has been brought up times before, and i hope this time they just make the post count not increase like the spam forum, for forum games.

Axel
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM
They're basically getting extras for spamming the forum.

Even if Jesus didn't have 2000 or so posts in that thread he'd still have a very high post count.

BlueTango
06-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I totally agree.

Agnostic Bear
06-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Even if Jesus didn't have 2000 or so posts in that thread he'd still have a very high post count.

Then remove the count from Forum Games...

it wont be as many as you think.

Yoshimitsui
06-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Should be disabled in the games forum!

Hiro
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Agreed, should be disabled for all the threads that are like that.

Elkaa
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Would be an interesting test to disable in both games, and in that thread, and see totals then. :)

Leetzgirl
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Why dont we try it then :P

Plank
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Last time a thread like this was made I think ---MAD--- or some management person said that people will always find ways to boost their post count.

Hiro
06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Last time a thread like this was made I think ---MAD--- or some management person said that people will always find ways to boost their post count.

Yeah, but if SPAM threads like this are made so that post count is disabled, surely that would decrease?
Take this for example: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=498735 - 2 people spamming it until 03:40am?

today
06-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Disable Forum Games and rebuild post count.

Jordy
06-07-2008, 08:11 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous, they've got more posts in that thread than I have on the entire forum in 18 months.

Totally agreed ;)

However someone is right, they will always find away to increase their post-count, if they didn't do it in that, then perhaps they'd resort to just pointless posts in decent threads which avoid the rule 'pointless posting' by repeating what others have said. I'd rather they spammed in there than in serious threads, however them three members spam the forum everywhere anyway, not just in that thread.

If you want an example look no further: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4885949 - They've all just repeated what each other said, spam just seems impossible to avoid in every way possible.

Hiro
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
If you want an example look no further: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4885949 - They've all just repeated what each other said, spam just seems impossible to avoid in every way possible.

That's not SPAM. Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.
Forum Games are a Pointless reason as to why people's post counts are rising, same with the "What are you listening to?"

Yoshimitsui
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
This is what i find annoying! It's just obvious that it's used to get your post count up! Lets see how many want to play if the post count is removed?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2403/hedinki7.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hedinki7.jpg)

I don't mean to use specific examples because lots of people do it. But that was when i last looked.

cocaine
06-07-2008, 08:26 PM
This is what i find annoying! It's just obvious that it's used to get your post count up! Lets see how many want to play if the post count is removed?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2403/hedinki7.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hedinki7.jpg)

I don't mean to use specific examples because lots of people do it. But that was when i last looked.

I found these on my photobucket account:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/Xelame/er.png

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/Xelame/err.png

FlyingJesus
06-07-2008, 08:27 PM
This has come up loads of times before, I even got a mega thread going with very clear poll results on how people wanted it to go at one time. Each time management say they'll look into it and don't. I'm not one to bash management, usually I defend them, but on this issue there is a need for something to be done and it's been left for years.
Forum games/what are you listening to are not discussions. As such they are technically spam and shouldn't have a post count factor. It's arguable (just about) that "what are you listening to?" provides a place for people to find music to download if they want to see what people like, but most people just use it to dump a few posts and get the count up and that's quite plain to see. Forum games have no point at all, there's no way you can say that a post count is needed there as no discussion takes place and there is no benefit. The usual response is "it's fun, taking post count away will kill it", but if it's so fun then surely people will post there whether they get a count from it or not.

Charlie
06-07-2008, 08:32 PM
It's a stupid idea. For one, it's post count, who cares about a bunch of numbers near their name? Secondly, so what if x amount of posts give you x amount of rep every so often, it's just rep. Little green boxes and numbers that account for nothing.

At the end of the day, it's a thread where you post what your listening to and even if it can be counted as pointless, it isn't completely pointless because it's a decent way to find new bands/music as well as the other threads in the forum.

If your going to rant and rave about removing the post count in some forum because it's just spam then why not just remove it all together because every thread/post on this forum is pointless because it doesn't really mean anything, it doesn't effect anything, you know?

Agnostic Bear
06-07-2008, 08:33 PM
It's a stupid idea. For one, it's post count, who cares about a bunch of numbers near their name? Secondly, so what if x amount of posts give you x amount of rep every so often, it's just rep. Little green boxes and numbers that account for nothing.

At the end of the day, it's a thread where you post what your listening to and even if it can be counted as pointless, it isn't completely pointless because it's a decent way to find new bands/music as well as the other threads in the forum.

If your going to rant and rave about removing the post count in some forum because it's just spam then why not just remove it all together because every thread/post on this forum is pointless because it doesn't really mean anything, it doesn't effect anything, you know?

If you don't care why are you arguing about it? It's not a stupid idea because it gives people extra features for spamming which just isn't right.

Plank
06-07-2008, 08:34 PM

That is true. I personally don't care about my post count let alone other peoples'.

But I just remembered that if you have higher posts you get more features which is slightly unfair.

Florx
06-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree, I only tend to post once in those types of thread.

Disable post count in the gaming forum!

GommeInc
06-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I'll give someone a fiver if they know where all my posts came from, I really have no idea :P

The threads like what you're listening too are just spam threads, but you can't disable post counts in threads... I don't think...

Yoshimitsui
06-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll give someone a fiver if they know where all my posts came from, I really have no idea :P

The threads like what you're listening too are just spam threads, but you can't disable post counts in threads... I don't think...

No you can't! It would just have to go to spam if people where that botherd about keeping it. Where it belongs anyway!

Minstrels
06-07-2008, 08:45 PM
It would need to be considered if new features were to be handed out for more posts.

GommeInc
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
No you can't! It would just have to go to spam if people where that botherd about keeping it. Where it belongs anyway!
It would fit in spam, but it's too strongly related to music that it would be stupid to move it, really :P

today
06-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I found these on my photobucket account:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/Xelame/er.png

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/Xelame/err.png
Oh how the second link is so true.

I agree, I only tend to post once in those types of thread.

Disable post count in the gaming forum!
Ditto, i post in the forum games the odd once a week maybe or a few times a month not every day, every few hours.

luce
06-07-2008, 09:39 PM
i dont think you should becuase these are valid threads and it is up to them if they want to post in there as long as it doesnt violate forum rules :)

Agnostic Bear
06-07-2008, 09:44 PM
i dont think you should becuase these are valid threads and it is up to them if they want to post in there as long as it doesnt violate forum rules :)

They're spam, spam needs to be in the spam section or without a post count increase.

Yoshimitsui
06-07-2008, 09:55 PM

People only post becuase the post count has become an obbsesive part of been regognised on the forum. If you removed it from that section people would stop playing!

today
06-07-2008, 10:04 PM
People only post becuase the post count has become an obbsesive part of been regognised on the forum. If you removed it from that section people would stop playing!
And the true gamers would show ;]

Florx
07-07-2008, 01:04 AM
A fine example...

CONGRATULATIONS: TOXICPADDY :)

EDIT: Open Spoiler, tis a wide *** image.

http://www.tehupload.com/images/2430782797Habbox%20Forum%20-%20Search%20Results_1215392486401.png

Agnostic Bear
07-07-2008, 01:11 AM
A fine example...

CONGRATULATIONS: TOXICPADDY :)

EDIT: Open Spoiler, tis a wide *** image.

http://www.tehupload.com/images/2430782797Habbox%20Forum%20-%20Search%20Results_1215392486401.png

No image there o.o

Blinger1
07-07-2008, 02:53 AM
I fully agree, remove post counts from the forum games section.
And the "what are you listening to" section!

FlyingJesus
07-07-2008, 03:54 AM

As I always reply when this argument is used; if "no-one cares" then it's not detrimental to change it to keep others happy. Here's the logic:

- If someone admits that they only post there to get their count up, they're confessing to making spam posts, and therefore either everyone who posts in the music thread or in a forum game should be punished, or (a better idea than banning everyone) post count should be disabled there.
- If people refuse to admit that they post there only for the post count, it is assumed that they enjoy the games for some reason. If this is the case, removing the post count will do no harm and the games will still be popular.

The only way someone loses out is if they're abusing the system, so they don't matter anyway.

Would it not be easy enough to move the "what are you listening to" thread to spam (stickied perhaps so people don't lose it and complain) and then have the entire "forum games" section classed as spam, to the same effect? It'd be better than having the games in spam itself because it would be less clogged up.

Tintinnabulate
07-07-2008, 07:19 AM

Means a lot to some people here :eusa_whis (not me btw lol)

helenhiya
07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
it should be changed just to annoy the saddos who post as fast as they can to get their counts up.

The Professor
07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
There needs to be something done about post counts if you intend to give people more features n things, posting what you're listening to isn't "contributing" so to speak, it's basically spam, obviously it should be in music, but the post counts need to be disabled for large spam threads like that, then rebuilt to put them down to size, it's stupid that they get more power and more rep than people that have only a few thousand posts that are actually contributing compared to those that just posted what they were listening to a few thousand times.

Completely agree. Those are the sorts of threads that belong in forum games imo (although it is stretching the definition of "game a bit :P) which should also have the post count removed from it. For the record, this is a personal opinion as opposed to an official Habbox line, but I shall bring it up with MAD :)

Yoshimitsui
07-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Great stuff :)

Danzilla
07-07-2008, 10:24 AM

Yay go me.
I agree and the only reason i post alot in games is because i find it quit fun when im bored, not to get my post count up as i don't care about post count.
I also too think that threads like this should have disabled post count definitely the 'Forum Games' section as some people just post in there solely for post count, but then again its only a post count.

Charly
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Whys everyone getting so worked up about a post count lol? Just remove the whole post count off the forum! That'll shut everyone up and just work on rep from other habbox users.

Hiro
07-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Whys everyone getting so worked up about a post count lol? Just remove the whole post count off the forum! That'll shut everyone up and just work on rep from other habbox users.

Because it gives users extra features, which they don't really "earn" by spamming...

Charly
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Because it gives users extra features, which they don't really "earn" by spamming...

What features?

Yoshimitsui
07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
What features?

The ones that come with the star system!

Paulio
07-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I've always found this shocking. Post count should be disabled in the forum games section. It's against the rules to post for the benifit of your post count.. What other reason is there for people to post in the forum games section every 2 seconds.

--ss--
07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Disable the games section but leave the what are you listening too thread as you could say it's part off Habbox history.

There's no point in the games section as people abuse it to gain post counts and most off the games there are quite pointless and simple one word answering games. Games are meant to be 'fun' so it doesn't matter if the post count is enabled or not as it'll be the same either way.

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Disable the games section but leave the what are you listening too thread as you could say it's part off Habbox history.

There's no point in the games section as people abuse it to gain post counts and most off the games there are quite pointless and simple one word answering games. Games are meant to be 'fun' so it doesn't matter if the post count is enabled or not as it'll be the same either way.

nahhhh the kkk thread can be part of the history.

today
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
nahhhh the kkk thread can be part of the history.
Post counts dont rise in VIP forums.

jesus
07-07-2008, 03:20 PM
if you disabled the post counts in all these threads they would just get spammed totally making the games section an additional spam section and hence pointless

Plank
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
The only decent feature you get is making yourself invisible. If people are that obsessed with getting a high post count for a stupid feature like that they will always find a way. At the end of the day it is only a post count.

VPSwow
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Agreed :)

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
if you disabled the post counts in all these threads they would just get spammed totally making the games section an additional spam section and hence pointless

Why would it make it a spam section? :S

jesus
07-07-2008, 03:27 PM
because people would spam in all the threads...

Davii
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't particularly mind, that would be pretty much taking away forum games though since thats all you do there is post loads in one thread. And in runescape section things like post your banks/looks you can do the same by posting it everytime it changes i spose.

FlyingJesus
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM

Init, forum games is in more need of not having posts counted than the music thread

No, because there would still be enforced game rules as there are now

Nereo
07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Just dont offer any more features for people with high post counts :8

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM

No becasue you still gotta follow the games rules :rolleyes:.

Hazza
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I think all post counts should stay as they are now, but from this point onwards they won't count anymore.

Rixion
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't really think this is a big deal. People participate in forum games and they are rewarded with a post each game they post in.

I agree with above also.

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I think all post counts should stay as they are now, but from this point onwards they won't count anymore.

impossible.

Nereo
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
impossible.

Nothing is impossible is you believe! :P

VPSwow
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
People who post for the sake of post count are sad. Yes... i have a high post count but not from spamming. I am Platinum but don't use the "free" features i get with it and i don't think many people do.

Does it really matter?

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Nothing is impossible is you believe! :P

Somethings are.

People who post for the sake of post count are sad. Yes... i have a high post count but not from spamming. I am Platinum but don't use the "free" features i get with it and i don't think many people do.

Does it really matter?

Yes :(

Hazza
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
impossible.
Well, don't bothered removing post counts at all.

Agnostic Bear
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
No, because there would still be enforced game rules as there are now

Also I agree, the rules would be kept so there wouldn't be a difference.

Also, mostly the highest posters are voting no on the poll, I wonder why :P

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, don't bothered removing post counts at all.

Why not? :rolleyes::rolleyes::$.

Also I agree, the rules would be kept so there wouldn't be a difference.

Also, mostly the highest posters are voting no on the poll, I wonder why :P

and agruing stupid points against it :rolleyes:

today
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
No?

Does it really matter?
I use some features such as bigger avatar and signature, that's about it really.

Hazza
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Why not? :rolleyes::rolleyes::$.

and agruing stupid points against it :rolleyes:
Because its unfair on all the people that have posted in there over the years when this rule didn't apply.

Callum.
07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
nothing against jesus, but i managed to get 8150 posts that are in the big threads. he'd be on less than 15 k :/

jesus
07-07-2008, 04:50 PM
who cares it's an internet forum at the end of the day lol

today
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to other members.

heartbeat
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
i agree.

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Because its unfair on all the people that have posted in there over the years when this rule didn't apply.

So? it cheated the system really.

GommeInc
07-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Surely you're not going to care if a few thousand posts are removed? It won't exactly ruin the forum experience, unless a thread which no-one really pays much attention to each other in really means that much to you? :/

Jordy
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
who cares it's an internet forum at the end of the day lolSays someone who's posted nearly 3000 times in the same thread... The hypocrisy is killing me.

today
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Says someone who's posted nearly 3000 times in the same thread... The hypocrisy is killing me.
Carefull i got warned for a post pretty much exactly similar to that and it got removed =/

Lovely how they stick up for it.

Yoshimitsui
07-07-2008, 08:10 PM

No it will be fair and remove all their spam and put everyone into the member groups that are correct.

Titch
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
No it will be fair and remove all their spam and put everyone into the member groups that are correct.

Very well said. + REP

Stephen08
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Very well said. + REP

Titchy get your head out of Edans bum :P

Also why are the results hidden? I would like to see what people voted for other than reading through pages of posts :S.

Agnostic Bear
07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Titchy get your head out of Edans bum :P

Also why are the results hidden? I would like to see what people voted for other than reading through pages of posts :S.

Sorry, I set the poll wrong:
http://jewbear.net/img/1215468495320.jpg

Leetzgirl
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Lool at the high posters xD

GommeInc
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Lool at the high posters xD
I'm third or fifth, I won't be effected because I don't post in those forums, and I wouldn't care anyway :P

Edit: Yup, third.

FlyingJesus
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Can I just point out I haven't voted because I don't like the proposed solution. Letting them "rebuild" just means letting people spam again, it won't be any different.

Kardan
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I vote yes, but I've suggested this a couple of times now with polls being over 75% in the 'Yes' yet management haven't done anything...

Hopefully they'll listen this time...

GommeInc
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Can I just point out I haven't voted because I don't like the proposed solution. Letting them "rebuild" just means letting people spam again, it won't be any different.
Is that what he meant? I thought he meant re-build the database, as in, their posts get lowered :P

today
07-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Is that what he meant? I thought he meant re-build the database, as in, their posts get lowered :P
I thought that too...

Agnostic Bear
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I thought that too...

I did indeed, or just let them rebuild by themselves.

Pebbles-Tiger
07-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I could care less what everybody's post count is...... But I guess you should make that.

bo$$
07-07-2008, 11:27 PM
impossible.

I don't think so..
Last time this issue was brought up didn't they say they would just hide the entire games forum and then make a new one with no post counts increasing?

I'm not really too bothered on this issue because as jesus has said, at the end of the day it's just a forum.

I do see what some people are saying though about how people are basically getting priviledges for spamming the games section. I say if they're really that bad and spam over 5000 posts, just give them the damn features. :$

yeah. I'm not gunna vote. Both sides have points and that's all their is to it.
I think people should care a bit less about post counts.

My only fear with disabling all those posts and crap and making a load of people go down a lot is that they'll start finding new ways to get their post count up by commenting on EVERYTHING (assuming that they are as post-count hungry as everyone says they are) which I imagine will get quite annoying. I'd rather have it stick in a few threads then throughout the entire forum.

FlyingJesus made a good point though about how if it really was about the game then the post count won't matter. I'd actually laugh if the games section is just as popular if this decision goes through.

heartbeat
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
however them three members spam the forum everywhere anyway, not just in that thread.
no they don't, only jesus spams the whole forum. sam & ami don't.

Rixion
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't think so..
Last time this issue was brought up didn't they say they would just hide the entire games forum and then make a new one with no post counts increasing?

I'm not really too bothered on this issue because as jesus has said, at the end of the day it's just a forum.

I do see what some people are saying though about how people are basically getting priviledges for spamming the games section. I say if they're really that bad and spam over 5000 posts, just give them the damn features. :$

yeah. I'm not gunna vote. Both sides have points and that's all their is to it.
I think people should care a bit less about post counts.

My only fear with disabling all those posts and crap and making a load of people go down a lot is that they'll start finding new ways to get their post count up by commenting on EVERYTHING (assuming that they are as post-count hungry as everyone says they are) which I imagine will get quite annoying. I'd rather have it stick in a few threads then throughout the entire forum.

FlyingJesus made a good point though about how if it really was about the game then the post count won't matter. I'd actually laugh if the games section is just as popular if this decision goes through.
I totally agree with that. Ditto.

helenhiya
08-07-2008, 03:24 PM

you would, look at ur post count from when you joined, lame :L

Leetzgirl
08-07-2008, 06:00 PM

I seen you spamming in the games forum ;).

Titch
08-07-2008, 06:34 PM

you have just over same amount as me in under 4-5 months. I have been here since 2006 and its taken me all that time

Slade7.5
08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
In a way i agree.

The Professor
08-07-2008, 06:53 PM

That isn't so much of a problem. Providing they're actually contributing to the thread and not just posting one word answers in every thread they can post as much as they like as far as I'm concerned, it helps boost the activity of the forum.

Jordy
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
That isn't so much of a problem. Providing they're actually contributing to the thread and not just posting one word answers in every thread they can post as much as they like as far as I'm concerned, it helps boost the activity of the forum.Because statistics mean everything? :S

That's the biggest problem in my opinion, at least in the Games forum they're not disrupting me so I don't kick up much of a fuss. When they start posting rubbish and repeating stuff and then getting away with it in the threads I read and make, that's what really annoys me cause it's a hassle to read the thread and get anything sensible said.

kk.
08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
the main problem that i see is threads like the last song played thread will all of a sudden die out meaning it becomes useless. Most people who say posts dont mean anything, its a way to show how much you contribute to a forum. Because you spam or post in a thread exampled in this thread, its still contributing to the community of the forum which makes this forum good. The members chat to each other which is more thna i can say for some

today
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
The only reason why i have a high post count in a small amount of time roughly is i talk to a few members constally. (: Maybe not in the best of threads but who cares ;]

Rixion
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Is there a problem posting on a forum. I don't care at all if they're removed. I enjoy posting on the forum games, I don't think there's a problem with that. So please don't flame me for posting, I post in forum games, BIG DEAL..

Immenseman
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I personally don't see a problem. At the end of the day regardless of what changes happen users are always going to find ways of increasing their post counts. If a user really wants to get a high post count and it's quite evident that some do then why don't you just let them get on with it. If they're creating pointless posts then that's a different story they will be dealt with accordingly. The only thing I find annoying is when people post the same thing over and over again.

For example..

User 1 says: That's a really good find and to answer your question his name is Tom.

User 2 says: Yeah, his name is Tom.

User 3 says: Yeah ^^

User 4 says: I think his name is Tom too.

That's a lot worse in my opinion and annoys me no end. However, people posting just to get their post count up in forum game threads isn't an issue because these threads don't really have any specific topic to them.

Leetzgirl
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I personally don't see a problem. At the end of the day regardless of what changes happen users are always going to find ways of increasing their post counts. If a user really wants to get a high post count and it's quite evident that some do then why don't you just let them get on with it. If they're creating pointless posts then that's a different story they will be dealt with accordingly. The only thing I find annoying is when people post the same thing over and over again.

For example..

User 1 says: That's a really good find and to answer your question his name is Tom.

That's a lot worse in my opinion and annoys me no end. However, people posting just to get their post count up in forum game threads isn't an issue because these threads don't really have any specific topic to them.

Although they still getting the features becasue they post on a few games?

Oh guess what, let all post in the games and let all get a good rank for posting in some games :rolleyes:.

today
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes i agree with that example, we need something to stop that. (:

Plank
08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
The only thing I find annoying is when people post the same thing over and over again.

For example..

Sometimes that can be reassuring when more than one person agrees with the same answer though.

today
08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Sometimes that can be reassuring when more than one person agrees with the same answer though.
Yes, when two three people do it not two-three pages of it.

brandon
08-07-2008, 07:27 PM

For example..

I agree. Unless of course people were typing it at the same time but someone who then posts the same thing 1 hour later etc.

Immenseman
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Although they still getting the features becasue they post on a few games?

Oh guess what, let all post in the games and let all get a good rank for posting in some games :rolleyes:.

Who are we to tell them to stop? Maybe the enjoy posting in these games, maybe they just want a higher post count either way I'm not sure why it affects anyone else. These threads aren't topical or anything, if they were posting 'brwhijsdn' in every thread then they would be dealt with but they're not they're contributing to a thread.

Yeah, but when it's obviously clear that's the answer and someone posts it again like a day later it's annoying.

I agree. Unless of course people were typing it at the same time but someone who then posts the same thing 1 hour later etc.

Great minds think alike ;)

Purple
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Agreed.

Leetzgirl
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Who are we to tell them to stop? Maybe the enjoy posting in these games, maybe they just want a higher post count either way I'm not sure why it affects anyone else. These threads aren't topical or anything, if they were posting 'brwhijsdn' in every thread then they would be dealt with but they're not they're contributing to a thread.

Yeah, but when it's obviously clear that's the answer and someone posts it again like a day later it's annoying.

Great minds think alike ;)

This thread is based on why people should get extra features on the forum when they just done little bit of work by just posting easy peasy things.

The Professor
08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Because statistics mean everything? :S

I didn't mean statistics, I meant activity in general. Some forums are less active than others and would benefit from people posting in them from time to time. Tbh I never look at the stats and I don't think any of the other admins do either, we have more important things to concern ourselves with :P

Immenseman
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
This thread is based on why people should get extra features on the forum when they just done little bit of work by just posting easy peasy things.

The system isn't only judged on post counts though. It's not impossible for someone to get 1250 posts on the day they register. That doesn't mean they'll be a gold member because they wouldn't of been a member for long enough. I don't see why it affects anyone else, if you want to have these features then why don't you post in forum games too. This thread also mentions spam a lot too and I was merely pointing out that these posts are contributing and are not classed as spam.

BAD BAZ
08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
every one of these posters on the forum, will always find a way how to boost there posts up.

pointless imo.

FlyingJesus
08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Reasons people want big post counts

* To get the extra features
-Most people don't bother using them
-Most people don't even know what you get/when
-They aren't so desirable as to warrant spamming up forum games for them
-Not the most likely reason

* To feel important
-It makes them look like they're a "better" member of the forum
-Historically the high post count members have been more popular
-Big numbers are always fun to have
-Therefore a more likely reason

So the problem is a social one it seems. Members want to look like they've been around a while, have a lot of friends and have some sort of power. This is the reason I don't think disabling the post count in forum games will lead to mass spamming though. I can think of only one person who persisted in spamming up the forum to get high post counts even though no-one liked him, but Kyle's one of a kind I guess.

Spamming is frowned upon by most members, arguably even more so by "veterans" - the people who technically have more power to make a newbie or unknown popular. By this logic, if people start spamming around other areas of the forum to make up for the post count lost in forum games, they will not be in any way popular, and no-one wants to be unpopular, especially when (sadly) that seems to be the reason most people in forum games want the high post counts.

helenhiya
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Reasons people want big post counts

* To get the extra features
-Most people don't bother using them
-Most people don't even know what you get/when
-They aren't so desirable as to warrant spamming up forum games for them
-Not the most likely reason

* To feel important
-It makes them look like they're a "better" member of the forum
-Historically the high post count members have been more popular
-Big numbers are always fun to have
-Therefore a more likely reason

So the problem is a social one it seems. Members want to look like they've been around a while, have a lot of friends and have some sort of power. This is the reason I don't think disabling the post count in forum games will lead to mass spamming though. I can think of only one person who persisted in spamming up the forum to get high post counts even though no-one liked him, but Kyle's one of a kind I guess.

Spamming is frowned upon by most members, arguably even more so by "veterans" - the people who technically have more power to make a newbie or unknown popular. By this logic, if people start spamming around other areas of the forum to make up for the post count lost in forum games, they will not be in any way popular, and no-one wants to be unpopular, especially when (sadly) that seems to be the reason most people in forum games want the high post counts.

no one listen to this guy
everything he says is LIES

FlyingJesus
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Shut up virgin

helenhiya
09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Shut up virgin

i bet you're actually a virgin and try to hide it with this *Removed*

Edited by Kaotix12 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly or avoid the swearing filter.

FlyingJesus
09-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah you got me :( I've never even looked at a girl except in photos

helenhiya
09-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah you got me :( I've never even looked at a girl except in photos

awww babe dont worry
i gotta site where im sure someone will have u
http://bbwdatefinder.com/

GommeInc
09-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Yes, when two three people do it not two-three pages of it.
Get moderators to clean their forums by closing such threads? I'm sure that's one job you do when you're a moderator, by making things run smoothly and make your forum look neat and make sure no-one soils it. Or is that a "big" job for some people.

today
09-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Get moderators to clean their forums by closing such threads? I'm sure that's one job you do when you're a moderator, by making things run smoothly and make your forum look neat and make sure no-one soils it. Or is that a "big" job for some people.
I dont know? Ask them lol :p

The Professor
09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
The official line is both the forum games forum and the "spam threads" (post what you're listening to etc) will remain as is.

Not my decision!

today
09-07-2008, 09:18 AM
The official line is both the forum games forum and the "spam threads" (post what you're listening to etc) will remain as is.

Not my decision!
Which gay decided upon that then! :(

jesus
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
MAD decided that didn't he? i remember he said so in the other threads

today
09-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I disagree with it really, should at least rebuild the threads. I see where they come from (the people who wanted this) as you do get VIP free sort off. In some ways.

jesus
09-07-2008, 10:08 AM
what do people mean by 'rebuild the threads'?

today
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Move the current ones to moderator bin or spam, then restart them with the new postcount thingy.

Just keep doing that every 'x' months. i dunno...

GommeInc
09-07-2008, 11:31 AM

Not my decision!
And the reason? Or are we not allowed to know because it's "none of our business" :P

The Professor
09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
And the reason? Or are we not allowed to know because it's "none of our business" :P

You know as much as I do on that one. MAD's PMs aren't exactly long winded :P

brodeo
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM

then you won't mind your post count being significantly reduced then.

i think what makes most people angry is the fact that they have been on the forum for yers posting quality posts where necessary and have achieved a decent post count through that where as some which have only joined the forum within the past year have achieved higher post counts simply by posting what they are listening to over a thousand times.

Galaxay
09-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Why are HxF management like this?

Majority say yes remove the post count from it, and our opinions get ignored, yet in other threads they always ask what we want? like new skins/features/rep changes etc, kinda stupid they ignore this imho.

Plank
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I'd rather it stay as it is because disabling the post count in forum games will encourage unconstructive posts and posts made for the sake of it elsewhere.

GommeInc
09-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I'd rather it stay as it is because disabling the post count in forum games will encourage unconstructive posts and posts made for the sake of it elsewhere.
As I think Alex said, if they're pointless they'll removed anyway. As long as they are constructive and add something to a thread, then what's wrong with that? Because there isn't a place to pointless post to get post count up doesn't mean they'll find means of doing that else where ;)

I don't get why management are like this either, I am sure the majority have said yes, yet for some unknown reason they think they're right :/

Plank
09-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes, but the people that are that obsessed with their post count will find other ways to post if the forum games has its post count disabled. I could easily go through 100s of threads now and post just for the sake of posting and to get my post count up, even if they are not seen as pointless. People doing that would annoy me more than a few people posting constantly in one forum.

GommeInc
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Yes, but the people that are that obsessed with their post count will find other ways to post if the forum games has its post count disabled. I could easily go through 100s of threads now and post just for the sake of posting and to get my post count up, even if they are not seen as pointless. People doing that would annoy me more than a few people posting constantly in one forum.
If they're not seen as pointless, who cares? ;) Also, how would you know they are pointlessly posting, when the posts are not seen as pointless :P If someone pointlessly posts, they should be dealt with. If they don't, they won't. Maybe it'll make the rest of the forum a better place, with more constructive posts adding to the discussions? Who knows :P

Charly
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Why is a post count hurting your feelings lol? Who cares if someone has X amount of posts, just don't give them the features if people have been here over some certain amount of time.. or remove the post count all together and nobody can complain :)

Plank
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
If they're not seen as pointless, who cares? ;) Also, how would you know they are pointlessly posting, when the posts are not seen as pointless :P If someone pointlessly posts, they should be dealt with. If they don't, they won't. Maybe it'll make the rest of the forum a better place, with more constructive posts adding to the discussions? Who knows :P
It wouldn't be pointless, they would just be posting for the sake of it. If they're not interested in the forum they're posting in at all then the post would be a waste of space.

GommeInc
09-07-2008, 02:27 PM
It wouldn't be pointless, they would just be posting for the sake of it. If they're not interested in the forum they're posting in at all then the post would be a waste of space.
How would you know they are posting for the sake of it? If their post contributes, it isn't pointless. Infact, most of the times posts on the forum go un-noticed and don't get replied to anyway. It won't be much different. Not all posts would be pointless after the remove of the post count limit, they'll only be pointless if they do literally serve no point.

samsaBEAR
09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
it's hardly spamming? we're staying on topic by posting what we are listening to.

Axel
10-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Hollyoaks.

Coronation Street.

The Bill.

That is spamming...

Mint
10-07-2008, 05:12 PM
That is spamming...
Jesus is habboxforums biggest spammer. Most posts on the whole of the forum. Ever wondered why he has disabled his reputation points thing? Obviously because everyone -reps him for all his pointless posts.

FlyingJesus
10-07-2008, 05:14 PM
it's hardly spamming? we're staying on topic by posting what we are listening to.

It serves no real purpose though init and is clearly just a way to gain post count. It's not constructive posting by a long shot

Axel
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't really have a problem with posting songs, thought it is a way to boost post count, but people like jesus posting TV shows really take the piss.

Pyroka
10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Spam would be considered pointless however their messages are to the point. I think the forum games place should never have post count enabled from the start that it was formed, it's a junkies paradise for someone who just wants to boost their post counts up a lot, to get features. Tbh, I've probably got a good 500-600 in the Forum Games place & I wouldn't care if I lost them, since it is just post count and I won't lose the features which I have posted meaningful threads/comments for.

Fully for it, always have been.

today
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Im sure in the "What are you.."

Listening too
Watching..
Eating..
Wearing..

You can earn like 100 posts a day from them threads, specially the listening too / watching. Its never dead.

Pyroka
10-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Best way to combat the problem is to move all threads like this, into the Spam section under a sub-forum called "What are you.." since that is basically how they all start out. Forum games can also be put into this, and the topic can simply be moved into the Spam Forum.

No global permissions need to be changed which is the big hassle which might've stopped HabboxForum from making these changes. It's pretty damn simple, a ten-minute job tops.

Plank
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Every time this topic is bought up the management say that it will stay as it is and the main reason for this is probably because people will find other places to boost their post count, such as the welcome/leaving forum etc.

FlyingJesus
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm not too bothered about the what are you listening to thread because frankly despite the massive number of posts in it, it's not as "obviously" useless as forum games. Forum games should definitely not have post counts as they aren't constructive in any way, and as I've said before, if people actually enjoy the games they'll play even without a post count for it. Spam is plenty popular enough and you don't get posts there, so I don't see why this couldn't be the case.

--ss--
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
The spam section has more valuable constructive topics than in most. The games section has threads which are rather counted as spam than the ones in the Spam section. The spam section should just be called "Off-topic" or "Random convos" and post counts should be enabled in there.

Havoline
11-07-2008, 03:55 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/Elfing/sad.png

Hello Concho

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!