PDA

View Full Version : Bungie Day!

Hiro
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I know there is already a thread about Cold Storage being released, but that's different to this.

Heads up! The seventh day of the seventh month is approaching, heralding a week long Halo 3 matchmaking fiesta culminating in Bungie Day on 7 July. Expect an avalanche of Halo 3 treats including the Cold Storage map free of charge. You might rub your eyes, but it still reads the same. Here’s what’s coming.

Running 3 July through 7 July, Bungie Studios will make available a special “Fourth of July” playlist. This is your first chance to earn double-XP by braving up to the various Halo 3 game types available. More double-XP opportunities surface again from 7-9 July with a limited-time-only playlist, “Icy Treats”, themed on the Cold Storage map. Better yet, you’ll be earning double-XP against members of the Bungie team who will be on Xbox LIVE trying to prove they’re better than you.

Only one way to find out…

Now, 7 July is after all what this week is all about. It’s “Bungie Day”, which means all kinds of limited-time-only freebies and opportunities to be had. Starting with seven exclusive Commemorative Gamer Pics and a Bungie Day dashboard theme available free from Xbox LIVE Marketplace for one day only. Grab ’em or regret it.

But the greatest free stuff of all is the Cold Storage map, a remake of the classic Chill Out from Halo: Combat Evolved. While on the same day the Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack becomes available for the new low price of 600 points.

These incredible Halo 3 happenings come to an end with yet another chance to double your XP in the “Fiesta Double-XP” weekender: five days of randomised Fiesta gametypes running from 10-14 July.

It simply does not get any better than this, and we’ve got clever people on the case aiming to prove this as scientific fact so don’t argue.

Yeah, so there's some FREE gamerpics and a theme on the marketplace for free, today only.
Just thought you'd want to know.

Davii
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
ill get them now :), thanks +rep

j4k3
07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
knew about this, they r quite gd seein its free

awelsh
07-07-2008, 05:40 PM
thanks for tellin me, told some mates on live about this now too :) +rep for you if I can

Havoline
07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I downloaded them all :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!