PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - Trophies are here!

Meanies
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
After running the new update you get the trophy system and are able to access the home screen whilst in games by pressing the PS button.

Haven't played about with trophies yet :$

Neil
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
They've been out for like a week now I think :S

Meanies
08-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I only just got the update message :S

Apparently there was a 2.4 release but then it got taken off, then 2.41 was today with a new platinum trophy. Thats what some site said

Jibbish
08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
2.41 was released today, it was released because the 2.40 version didn't work with some 60GB PS3 consoles.

Jord
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Copy of xbox 360 achievements.

Technologic
08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Obviously but there's no point syaing it, everyone knows

Coheed&Cambria
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Saw it on cousins ps3 before, total copy of acheivments

Jord
09-07-2008, 12:11 AM
I know but still copy right xbox should sue.

Neil
09-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I know but still copy right xbox should sue.

They can't, they didn't name it "achievements" for a start, they're set out the same but are different e.g. the platinum throphy you get from every game which only unlock when you have every other trophy in that game
They're an object used in HOME in some cases

They're exactly the same but they are not breaching any copyright laws so nothing can be done xD

Jord
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Thats gay, There thinging people are going to 360 for achievements, Now there making thropies trying to grab them people back.

graffiti
09-07-2008, 02:17 PM
try posting in sony section

Armal
09-07-2008, 06:26 PM

OMGGG!!!! Xbox has 4 buttons on the right hand side and OMGGGG!!!! Xbox has 4 buttons on the top just like Playstation.

Pls dont go down that route ty

Jord
09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
OMGGG!!!! Xbox has 4 buttons on the right hand side and OMGGGG!!!! Xbox has 4 buttons on the top just like Playstation.

Ok thicko whos talking about buttons? Im saying ACHIEVEMENTS when you play online you will get a ACHIEVEMENT

now ps3 has play cod4 online TROPHIE

Fez
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM

Wait... what?

Neil
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Ok thicko whos talking about buttons? Im saying ACHIEVEMENTS when you play online you will get a ACHIEVEMENT

They have no plans to add trophies to CoD4 o.O

kk.
09-07-2008, 07:05 PM

im not trying to say anything but he has a point. You can get xbox for copying the wii along with ps3. As ive said a billion times before on the forum, its called competition. You copy to get ahead and it ends up being better for the consumer. Who cares if its a copy of xbox achievements. Its not like its any harm done, youll still have your xbox and people will still have a ps3. fgs just get over saying which is better and that theyre copying each other!!

btw, that wasnt directed at you jord, just everyone who goes in any console related thing and says get a 360 or ps3

Havoline
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Is it me or do the Wii and Xbox 360 have nothing in common..

kk.
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
well im sure they have along with ps3 got motion sensing controllers now??

Stitch
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah the xmote or something dunno if it was real or not though.

Armal
09-07-2008, 09:41 PM

:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Your talking about Song copying things from Xbox as though Xbox is something original, i was using the buttons as an example of the Xbox using something from the PS. :eusa_wall:eusa_wall

so dont call me a thicko.

Davii
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM

Your talking about Song copying things from Xbox as though Xbox is something original, i was using the buttons as an example of the Xbox using something from the PS. :eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Wouldn't that be wrong, as Microsoft made the Dreamcast which was before the playstation, or was it not?

edit; nvm playstation is a lot older

Neil
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Wouldn't that be wrong, as Microsoft made the Dreamcast which was before the playstation, or was it not?

edit; nvm playstation is a lot older

Yea and Sega made the Dreamcast xD

Davii
09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Yea and Sega made the Dreamcast xD
It was sega and microsoft combined...

Neil
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
It was sega and microsoft combined...

No it was just Sega o.O
It was called "Sega Dreamcast" not "Sega and Microsoft Dreamcast"

MS had no part in the development of the Dreamcast

Mint
09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
I have a PS3, Not been on it for months. Can someone please tell me what this trophie thing is all about?

c[__]
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM

I'd say that alot of consoles have 4 buttons on the right so that made no sense and xbox has 2 buttons on the top. So erm, don't post without thinking next time.

Davii
10-07-2008, 02:15 PM
No it was just Sega o.O
It was called "Sega Dreamcast" not "Sega and Microsoft Dreamcast"

MS had no part in the development of the Dreamcast
Microsoft did something with it im sure they did

Southe,
10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Microsoft did something with it im sure they did

Nope they never.

Armal
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd say that alot of consoles have 4 buttons on the right so that made no sense and xbox has 2 buttons on the top. So erm, don't post without thinking next time.

i was using the buttons as an example of the Xbox using something from the PS.

So erm, don't post without reading all the posts next time.

Monkwrestler
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
So tell me this who was the first people to have a dual anolouge system then hmmm...!nintedo 64 had 1 and so did the sega saturn and since then every console and their mum now has 2 anolouge sticks

Havoline
12-07-2008, 02:03 AM
So erm, don't post without reading all the posts next time.

You don't need to read all the posts to see what's going on though, we only need a glimpse at your post to proove you're *REMOVED*

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members or avoid the forum filter.

Minstrels
12-07-2008, 09:01 AM

Most controllers are set out like that. I had a Sega controller when I was younger, it was blue and had four botton on the right and four on the top. It wasn't an official piece of Sega merchandise however it was still set out like that.

And I'll use an example of Sony copying from an unofficial piece of Sega merchandise.

You don't need to read all the posts to see what's going on though, we only need a glimpse at your post to proove you're ******ed. :)
Ya' make me laff.

At the end of the day, Microsoft made the whole achievements system and everyone under the moon probably knows that. Sony have come out with some cheap wannabe update for their console, their will be flaws with theirs because they didn't make it first hand.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!