PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started..

iMegz.
09-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey all,

In the future I'm hoping to produce, design and develope my own website but at the moment I only have very basic coding knowledge. Following tutorials is not a problem and the tutorials I find are very helpful, however I have no idea where I should start and what the best idea's are to start getting to grips with coding and web design. So my question to you all is in your opinion where is the best place to start with learning coding?

I'd appreciate all your comments and help.

Thank you,

Megz :]

[Oli]
11-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, what kind of websites do you like best yourself ?
What kind of designs do you wish you were able to make ?

I always wanted to be able to create nice hosting-designs for hosting-companies, sounds stupid but I always loved them, with the servers etc on there...

So my advice would be make as many designs as you want,
I made LOADS of hosting designs.. (when I started really bad ones) but recently they're starting to get better

Don't rush it though, it's not a contest of speed, it's the quality that counts

And, don't be afraid to start all over again, I have to start over like 5 to 6 times when I make a design before I have something which I think is okay to continue on

So, basicly what I'm saying is enjoy yourself making lots of layouts, practice practice practice
Eventually, you'll learn new tricks & tips yourself on how to do some things, it can be really good to learn from ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!