PDA

View Full Version : Technology + Gaming

kk.
10-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Ok, these two are the main areas where this happens. People have preferences and some people are persistent that everyone has the same as them or its not worth having. I've had just about enough of the members in these areas saying 'get xbox 360, its better' or 'firefox doesnt crash, get it'. It happens in many threads and should be classed as pointless posting because it contributes nothing to a thread and doesnt help at all. Even if the thread clearly states 'PS3 Buying Advice' or 'IE problem' people still go on about how somethings better. Some examples are below and i think many will agree that its getting past a joke with what some people call fanboys.

Another related problem is that many threads turn into mini arguments about how the ps3 has copied an xbox or vice versa along with the wii. Please do something about this now to stop it :)

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=499815
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=497860 - slightly but there still
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=498440

Havoline
10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
What are they gonna do? Ban someone who is looking for a valid argumentive rant?

Hiro
10-07-2008, 08:21 PM
It's because none of the fanboys on here can get a grip of competition companies and what it's all about. I guess you could say that they are trying to "spark" an argument - maybe a rule about this? Anything that is deemed antagonising towards others, the user could be warned?
Just a suggestion.

What are they gonna do? Ban someone who is looking for a valid argumentive rant?

Their reasoning may be valid, but arguments generally lead to threads being closed, many users open threads like "PS3 Trophies" etc, for info on the stuff, and how can they get that info off users if all the fanboys come in and start going "SONY COPIED MICROSOFT" "SONY SUCK!!11" "XBOX 360 IS BETTR!!!11!", and then people that have PS3's are going to start coming in the thread and flaming all the 360 fanboys - online chaos, immaturity.

Plank
10-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Don't xbox v ps3 arguments take place everywhere

kk.
10-07-2008, 08:25 PM
exactly, so it needs to be stopped =/

Havoline
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Well if you're fed up with it and it's not the first time you've seen them do it you can always add them to your ignore list. Because if they add this rule that means no one can state a opinion on the other console or anything.

Hiro
10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Don't xbox v ps3 arguments take place everywhere

Yeah, generally because people can't handle competition consoles, yet the companies can (obviously, otherwise they wouldn't get very far). It's just like the image hosting sites that users have just made, they seem like they can't handle a little bit of competition, which just leads to snidey insults and remarks about each others site.
People need to learn how to ignore the trolls that try and spark arguments, but I guess many users of HabboxForum aren't able to..

Well if you're fed up with it and it's not the first time you've seen them do it you can always add them to your ignore list. Because if they add this rule that means no one can state a opinion on the other console or anything.

Of course they can, but remarks like "Sony copied Microsoft" isn't exactly an opinion is it...it's just a way to start a console vs console argument.

Wootzeh
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
but 360 is better than ps3 and firefox is better than IE :S

Havoline
10-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Wootzeh for president

Hiro
10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
People should give more information as to why each is better. It's blatant that "get a 360" is going to cause an uproar because there isn't a reasoning behind it. if someone said "get a 360 as there is a wider range of games" - that would be a better example of an opinion.

Nereo
10-07-2008, 08:43 PM

Thats what the whole thread is about. You cant just say that an expect everyone to except it. ;)

HotelUser
11-07-2008, 01:23 PM
I have to agree with the thread starter. I asked if there was a free way for me to downgrade to XP through my laptop manufacture, I also asked that nobody annoy me about why I'm changing to XP. Of course, one of the quickest replies is, "Why Downgrade?" then after the same user actually tried to convince me not to?

Also debating whether or not OSX is better than Windows in the Technology section should be in my opinion strictly forbidden. Whenever someone mentions a PC and Mac in the same thread (or cross compatibility) then it's probably going to turn into 15 different users arguing over which platform is better than the other. I've seen this many, many times and it always ends up with users getting flamed and moderators having to purge the thread.

I don't think this was called for. I would go for firefox too, but not about xBox vs PS3. I had to send my xBox in to be repaired 3 times, so in the end I went with Sony. However some users may speculate differently and have justification as to why the 360 s better than the PS3. In the end it's all about opinions. My opinion was that my xBox broke too much, and I couldn't be bothered paying for Live when Sony had online play free. If my opinion is based off of real-life expierences with the xBox, stating your opinion and then saying mine is wrong wont change my opinion ;). This is why I believe the Technology section needs stricter rules.

Havoline
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I have to agree with the thread starter. I asked if there was a free way for me to downgrade to XP through my laptop manufacture, I also asked that nobody annoy me about why I'm changing to XP. Of course, one of the quickest replies is, "Why Downgrade?" then after the same user actually tried to convince me not to?

Also debating whether or not OSX is better than Windows in the Technology section should be in my opinion strictly forbidden. Whenever someone mentions a PC and Mac in the same thread (or cross compatibility) then it's probably going to turn into 15 different users arguing over which platform is better than the other. I've seen this many, many times and it always ends up with users getting flamed and moderators having to purge the thread.

I don't think this was called for. I would go for firefox too, but not about xBox vs PS3. I had to send my xBox in to be repaired 3 times, so in the end I went with Sony. However some users may speculate differently and have justification as to why the 360 s better than the PS3. In the end it's all about opinions. My opinion was that my xBox broke too much, and I couldn't be bothered paying for Live when Sony had online play free. If my opinion is based off of real-life expierences with the xBox, stating your opinion and then saying mine is wrong wont change my opinion ;). This is why I believe the Technology section needs stricter rules.

If you would of payed for the extra money to afford a elite you wouldn't of had to send it off 3 times because the elite has better hardware and doesn't really tent to get RROD ;)

kk.
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
please do not turn this thread into something im trying to prevent :)

Havoline
11-07-2008, 02:27 PM
please do not turn this thread into something im trying to prevent :)

I'm just saying he can't complain that his xbox got sent for repair 3 times, if he would of had a elite instead of a core/premium/arcade he could of prevented that. :)

Plank
11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
There should be a rule like no xbox related stuff in the Sony forum and no PS3 related stuff in the microsoft forum.

Hiro
11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm just saying he can't complain that his xbox got sent for repair 3 times, if he would of had a elite instead of a core/premium/arcade he could of prevented that. :)

What if he bought the premium before the elite came out?

And I agree with the above.

HotelUser
11-07-2008, 03:02 PM
If you would of payed for the extra money to afford a elite you wouldn't of had to send it off 3 times because the elite has better hardware and doesn't really tent to get RROD ;)

That's irrelevant, seeing as when you create a product you create it so it doesn't break. Microsoft didn't intentionally make these machines to break so consumers would have to send them back to Microsoft to spend Microsoft's money to fix them. Secondly see specifications, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360 The larger harddrive isn't going to prevent an xbox from breaking. Besides the harddrive I don't know what else is different besides the bundled games that come with the device, and a few other insignificant modifications. But the users saying that talking about the xbox breaking is going offtopic are right, so perhaps if you wish to continue the discussion it will have to be over PM.

Leetzgirl
11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
That's irrelevant, seeing as when you create a product you create it so it doesn't break. Microsoft didn't intentionally make these machines to break so consumers would have to send them back to Microsoft to spend Microsoft's money to fix them. Secondly see specifications, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360 The larger harddrive isn't going to prevent an xbox from breaking. Besides the harddrive I don't know what else is different besides the bundled games that come with the device, and a few other insignificant modifications. But the users saying that talking about the xbox breaking is going offtopic are right, so perhaps if you wish to continue the discussion it will have to be over PM.

Thank you for carrying on arguments :rolleyes:.

Anyways, i argee with the thread starter, these post are pointless lolz

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!