PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Forum

Havoline
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Is it me or is Coldplay just merging tonnes of threads for "brownie" points.

It's pretty pointless having a Big Brother forum if we can't use it how forums are ment to be used.

Maybe I want my own topic perhaps but he keeps merging threads..

If there was a thread "Sylvia Evicted" and then someone posted about that page 3 shoot she done he would merge it in there :rolleyes:

Assign him to a different place?! We can't even post our own threads!

Don't move this to complaints, it's more of what other users think on this feedback then a complaint. Thanks ;)

Plank
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree in a way but sometimes it does keep the forum tidier rather than searching through about 10 threads on Mario.

edit: i removed a bit.

Havoline
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I suppose but it's well annoying, everyone deserves their own thread.

Hazza
10-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm suck of him keep merging the threads - I got mine unmerged because it wasn't needed.

Someone should replace him, nothing against him personally. Its just annoying :(

today
10-07-2008, 09:20 PM
He over merges threads too often simply bloody lock them if u need too not merge.

srsly tho get rid.

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Is it me or is Coldplay just merging tonnes of threads for "brownie" points.

It's pretty pointless having a Big Brother forum if we can't use it how forums are ment to be used.

Maybe I want my own topic perhaps but he keeps merging threads..

If there was a thread "Sylvia Evicted" and then someone posted about that page 3 shoot she done he would merge it in there :rolleyes:

Assign him to a different place?! We can't even post our own threads!

Don't move this to complaints, it's more of what other users think on this feedback then a complaint. Thanks ;)

We don't really get brownie points like that ;) but I can't tell you what we get haha.

I would say that it is for keeping the forums tidier as said, but I suggest you don't talk about a single person or you thread may get locked. Be a bit more subtle if you are commenting or make a complaint if it is seriously that bad ;)

Yoshimitsui
10-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Our 'Brownie points' are not based around mods logs so he's not going to get much out of it!

Coldplay
10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm just making it so it's tidier, There are two threads about Mario which are generalised, one is Mario in the Media, and one is Opinions/Comments on Mario.

Nobody wants to see 4 threads about Mario, when they are not needed. The threads I merged, were about Mario on TV (Media), and a newpaper report about Mario (Media)

Havoline
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm just making it so it's tidier, There are two threads about Mario which are generalised, one is Mario in the Media, and one is Opinions/Comments on Mario.

Nobody wants to see 4 threads about Mario, when they are not needed. The threads I merged, were about Mario on TV (Media), and a newpaper report about Mario (Media)

Kudos for cleaning the forum but people want thier own threads.. threads about "dirty Mario" really has nothing to do with media because people would like to discuss it in it's own thread that's what the whole point of the Big Brother forum is.

VPSwow
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM

However thats like putting four movie threads together even if they are different movies.

And at some of the above posts from Moderators, in some cases (well it was the case when i was mod) that a lot of Moderators went searching for the slightist rule break just to get a better log count.

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Yes but you also have to think, there if there are 4 threads for each housemate when there could be 2 for each...

However thats like putting four movie threads together even if they are different movies.

And at some of the above posts from Moderators, in some cases (well it was the case when i was mod) that a lot of Moderators went searching for the slightist rule break just to get a better log count.

I understand but that isn't how it works now ;)

heartbeat
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
*Removed*

Edit by Professor-Alex (Moderation Manager): Please do not be rude to/about staff.

VPSwow
10-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes but you also have to think, there if there are 4 threads for each housemate when there could be 2 for each...

I understand but that isn't how it works now ;)

Well it doesnt come accross like that to me tbh.

Yoshimitsui
10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
But if each has it's own point what is the point in a merge! Each person created there own thread for a reason and then merge it with someone elses so it turns into a pile of spam. Thats all BB is anyway there is nothing to discuss apart from the creator is an idiot.

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Well thats your perception but we aren't judged by our mod log, if Proffesor Alex wishes he can tell you what we are judged on but I don't think it is important.

Havoline
10-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Seriously nothing against you Coldplay you just need to only really moderate if people are breaking rules, they aint breaking rules by making multiple threads on the same subject or anything like that.

I mean, even in the Lost thread, it claims in the title it will contain spoilers, warning there and when people don't post without spoilers you edit them. It already warns them in the title.

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Seriously nothing against you Coldplay you just need to only really moderate if people are breaking rules, they aint breaking rules by making multiple threads on the same subject or anything like that.

I mean, even in the Lost thread, it claims in the title it will contain spoilers, warning there and when people don't post without spoilers you edit them. It already warns them in the title.

That is to do with the ambiguity around spoilers which should be sorted now ;)

Coldplay
10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I just enforce the rules, I dont make them, if you read the spoilers rule thread at the top of the forum you'll see the full rule.

Additionally, I'm just trying to keep the forum clean, which is my job also.

risque
10-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Sorry but I got an infraction for the stupidest reason. A thread title of [SPOILERS: Who's nominated?] or whatever and I posted who I thought should have gone out of both who are up for eviction. It's common sense that if you don't want to know, you're not going to venture into the thread.

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Sorry but I got an infraction for the stupidest reason. A thread title of [SPOILERS: Who's nominated?] or whatever and I posted who I thought should have gone out of both who are up for eviction. It's common sense that if you don't want to know, you're not going to venture into the thread.

Tell with somebody who has the power to change the rule then ;) But seriously the is I THINK being reviewed by Proffesor Alex to get a better idea of what is neccesary.

Plank
10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I got an infraction for that too :rolleyes:

There was a thread made about spoilers the other week but hopefully as VBT said it will be changed

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:35 PM
There was a thread about it last week so here is a quote of a possible set of rules ;)

Good draft, I think it should be a little more like this however;

Big Brother forum - If the information has been aired on the 10PM C4 programme, it doesn't need to be inside spoiler tags. Otherwise - it does.

Films forum - Any major plot points about any film should be in spoiler tags (Because, People still mightn't of seen it)

Television forum - Any major plot points about a television programme that hasn't been aired (ie. information received from other media) should be in spoiler tags as well as any plot information for shows which have only been aired within the past 7 days, or are still available on BBC iPlayer

Anime - Any major plot points about an anime or manga that hasn't been released yet (ie. information received from other media) should be in spoiler tags. I don't know how common this is in anime/manga.

It was originally posted by Prof-Alex but I quoted Coldplay cos I found his first ;)

The Professor
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Stickies about that are now updated :)

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:53 PM
KK BABES ;)

Havoline
11-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Okay thanks Alex

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!