PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous

BlueTango
10-07-2008, 10:27 PM
On alot of VBulletin forums I use, they now have an option for users to post anonymously in Health and teen life sections.

It's easily done from what I've seen. When you post a new post using the advanced posting box, in the top right it currently says "Logged in as USERNAMEHERE" ... When anonymous is availible it'd give you a check box to tick to post anonymous.

I think it'd be a brilliant idea for the health forums and if people take advantage of it, admins are able to see who the original poster is.

By doing this people don't have to feel embarresed about posting health problems or teen situations and can do it without hassle.

So, what do you think?

heartbeat
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
yeah i think it's a good idea.

Yoshimitsui
10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a nice idea to me.

The Professor
10-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I like that idea, maybe enable it for the relationships forum too :)

Dentafrice
10-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Really is a great idea..

Plank
10-07-2008, 10:40 PM
I like this idea http://www.souliejolie.com/forum/style_emoticons/smilies/juggling.gif

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I think we all concur that this is a good idea :)

BUT: Mods would be able to tell who it is? So that there aren't a load of stupid threads etc...

Ashley
10-07-2008, 10:41 PM
That's quite a good idea.

Leetzgirl
10-07-2008, 10:43 PM

BUT: Mods would be able to tell who it is? So that there aren't a load of stupid threads etc...

yes they would

but is this a hack?

Valda
10-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Great idea! :)

today
10-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah its a plugin, i disagree as like the forum says specially the gay

"Dont post if you dont feel comfortable for people knowing" go else where..

Meanies
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM

but if there were pointless threads you could remove them without seeing who made them?

Good idea nonetheless

-Eyeless-
10-07-2008, 10:52 PM

Yea but that was probably because people couldn't do it annonymously (SPAG?)

but if there were pointless threads you could remove them without seeing who made them?

Good idea nonetheless

Yea but you would need to be able to see who it was incase you had to infract them etc in order to make sure they don't continuously do it.

Test:Tube:Baby
11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I like this idea a lot ;)

But I agree that mods should be able to see who is posting, as if someone is constantly breaking the rules in there and the mods don't know who it is, they won't be able to take action. :(

Paulio
11-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Inseriousity.
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM
It's a good feature. Really annoying when people try to find out who it is instead of helping. :)

today
11-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Yea but that was probably because people couldn't do it annonymously (SPAG?)

Yea but you would need to be able to see who it was incase you had to infract them etc in order to make sure they don't continuously do it.
There is proper teen forums with real support from trained members who use this feature.

Shall i say that again? A proper teen forum with real members who deal with proper issues who are trained to speak to you. Not Habbox users.

The Professor
11-07-2008, 11:26 AM
There are also other technology forums, other entertainment forums and other habbo forums but those sections are still pretty active. Habbox users can have just as much positive imapct on someone as anyone from one of the larger teen forums. There are countless threads in the teens forum that end with "thanks for all the help, its really helped :)"

today
11-07-2008, 11:32 AM
There are also other technology forums, other entertainment forums and other habbo forums but those sections are still pretty active. Habbox users can have just as much positive imapct on someone as anyone from one of the larger teen forums. There are countless threads in the teens forum that end with "thanks for all the help, its really helped :)"
Yes but if someone has a relaly bad problem and they dont want others to know then they would go to ANOTHER forum.

Havoline
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
It would be a good idea if active members are too embarassed to post while being anonymous :)

Blinger1
11-07-2008, 11:59 AM

Only admins should be allowed to see :)

Hiro
11-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I like this idea. Hopefully it will get put into place.

--ss--
11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
What would happen to the post count off anonymous threads as would it show up in the all posts by user search anyway if it were to count as an post?

Favourtism
11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes but if someone has a relaly bad problem and they dont want others to know then they would go to ANOTHER forum.
Yeah just goto teenhelp.org xox

today
11-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Exaclty, i dont see it as something we need, honestly if you feel unsure of posting on HabboxForum then simply dont and use another forum..

flatface
11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Exaclty, i dont see it as something we need, honestly if you feel unsure of posting on HabboxForum then simply dont and use another forum..

Agreed.

BlueTango
12-07-2008, 12:41 AM

Yes but the whole point is that if the feature is used people wont feel uncomfortable, it'll make more discussion, it'll rise statistics of the forum, people will get the help they want; everyones happy.

Yeah just goto teenhelp.org xox

Agreed.

I strongly advise against any of you two starting up your own sites; the whole point of it is that the majority needs to be catered for, there are no major disadvantages to the idea, but there are manier great advantages. People don't want to be told to go to so and so's forum to get help for this and that. Teenhelp is probably full of forums about people with health issues. If people were able to post their issues here anonymously it'd be a unique thread and different from the usual content, and this forum is full of people in the teen age range, meaning experiences can be shared etc.

FlyingJesus
12-07-2008, 12:56 AM
It'll be abused to make joke threads. There is no way that on a forum like this with a load of pre-pubescent kids you can possibly expect anonymous posting to be easily regulated/moderated and people will be able to get away with anything because they're hidden.

Monopoly
12-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Fabulous idea!
Get it done. ;D

Puma!
12-07-2008, 07:15 AM
On alot of VBulletin forums I use, they now have an option for users to post anonymously in Health and teen life sections.

It's easily done from what I've seen. When you post a new post using the advanced posting box, in the top right it currently says "Logged in as USERNAMEHERE" ... When anonymous is availible it'd give you a check box to tick to post anonymous.

I think it'd be a brilliant idea for the health forums and if people take advantage of it, admins are able to see who the original poster is.

By doing this people don't have to feel embarresed about posting health problems or teen situations and can do it without hassle.

So, what do you think?
Are you on about The Student Room? If so, i'm a regular on there!

It would be nice to see it on hxf, but no doubt it would be abused.

Jordy
12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
It'll be abused to make joke threads. There is no way that on a forum like this with a load of pre-pubescent kids you can possibly expect anonymous posting to be easily regulated/moderated and people will be able to get away with anything because they're hidden.Indeed, there already is a bunch of idiots in that section, this would just make it worse, it may as well just be renamed the comedy section if it comes into practise.

Habbox users can have just as much positive imapct on someone as anyone from one of the larger teen forums. There are countless threads in the teens forum that end with "thanks for all the help, its really helped :)"They can but very few members actually give useful and reliable help. A lot of them are stupid questions, 'My back really really hurts what should I do?' - Everyone just replies 'See your GP', and everything else in the section is 'See your GP'. For health related problems it's essentially useless as it always has ridiculous questions and replies.

Frankly I think it's dangerous to trust a lot of the members giving advice on health and sensitive issues, people use this forum for habbo, technology, alternations, entertainment, not to help people in the health section. The chances that they don't know much about it are very high, if they used a proper forum for it, it would have professionals and people who knows what they're on about, not people trying to have a laugh or have no idea.

BlueTango
13-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Indeed, there already is a bunch of idiots in that section, this would just make it worse, it may as well just be renamed the comedy section if it comes into practise.

They can but very few members actually give useful and reliable help. A lot of them are stupid questions, 'My back really really hurts what should I do?' - Everyone just replies 'See your GP', and everything else in the section is 'See your GP'. For health related problems it's essentially useless as it always has ridiculous questions and replies.

Frankly I think it's dangerous to trust a lot of the members giving advice on health and sensitive issues, people use this forum for habbo, technology, alternations, entertainment, not to help people in the health section. The chances that they don't know much about it are very high, if they used a proper forum for it, it would have professionals and people who knows what they're on about, not people trying to have a laugh or have no idea.

Judging by your post I'd say you've never been a part of a forum that has tryed the system out. On the forum I use, the reply was very positive, people posted to share similar experiences and to offer advice from what they found out when they experienced the problem, and besides, some of the issues are emotional things such as "parents splitting up", where users need advice and help from people around the same age as them that have been through similar ordeals.

The fact that you want to hold this off because of "people posting silly replies" etc, is just silly in itself. Moderators are on this forum for a reason and by suggesting this it just insults their capability. They're more than capable of upkeeping rules on a forum. This is why they are here!

Monopoly
13-07-2008, 11:32 AM
This idea is great.
Punishing the majority for something that the minority do is just stupid.
If wosrt comes to worst I'm sure the Mod's could even ban the people posting pointlesly from that forum.
It's a great idea and should be put into effect ASAP. :)

The Professor
13-07-2008, 11:36 AM
It'll be abused to make joke threads. There is no way that on a forum like this with a load of pre-pubescent kids you can possibly expect anonymous posting to be easily regulated/moderated and people will be able to get away with anything because they're hidden.

We'd make it so moderators upwards could see who was posting, moderation isn't really an issue.

Blinger1
14-07-2008, 11:00 AM
you could also make it so an admin or mod has to check the thread before it is published.

today
14-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes but the whole point is that if the feature is used people wont feel uncomfortable, it'll make more discussion, it'll rise statistics of the forum, people will get the help they want; everyones happy.

I strongly advise against any of you two starting up your own sites; the whole point of it is that the majority needs to be catered for, there are no major disadvantages to the idea, but there are manier great advantages. People don't want to be told to go to so and so's forum to get help for this and that. Teenhelp is probably full of forums about people with health issues. If people were able to post their issues here anonymously it'd be a unique thread and different from the usual content, and this forum is full of people in the teen age range, meaning experiences can be shared etc.

Quite frankly, this has to be the ****test idea Habbox might take the users up on. :) What the hell does a bunch of 11-19 year olds know about all health? The CURRENT threads being made regarding health problems are ALWAYS "See a doctor" thats the only common reply you'll get, a quick easy answer to shut you up.

I dont care if i sound harsh its the god damn truth and i really hope this does not happen. There's alot better ideas which NEED adding then crappy ones like this which gives sex freaks a hype.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!