PDA

View Full Version : CS MEDIA || IMAGE HOSTING LAYOUT

CSMEDIA
12-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I'm Doing an project called CS Media (Image Hosting)

Rate this layout.. i did it in Photo Shop CS2

http://jewbear.net/img/1215827610147.png

Plux
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
There's way too many ImageHosts to be honest.
But, the design is way too plain and boring, looks like it's done in paint.

CSMEDIA
12-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Hello, Plux

Thanks for your feedback, I do agree there is too many image hosts out there..

Also i do agree that it is a bit plain. :)

Source
12-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I think the issue here is the fact is looks like it was designed 'back in the day'. For me personally to like it, I would like to see some more web2.0 aspects such as neutral gradients of clean colours (Green, Blue, Grey, Red) etc.. and spice up the logo.

On the same note, once you have the logo make sure you use the same one because I can see 2 different fonts for the same thing. Having "CS MEDIA" in the background doesn't work well either.

So modernise the fonts, clean gradients, nice logo, no repeating CS MEDIA background text. Then I think you may be onto the start of a decent looking design.

Jahova
12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
This is my personal opinion but, I don't really like it, sorry.
The colours are 'old style' and their are no new aspects.

Klydo
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Having "CS MEDIA" in the background doesn't work well either.
It's a watermark...

I don't like it at all, the colours are awful and the only good bit is the bar in the middle. Which looks like a Habbo styled bar so therefore doesn't fit the site's needs.

Independent
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
It's a watermark...

I don't like it at all, the colours are awful and the only good bit is the bar in the middle. Which looks like a Habbo styled bar so therefore doesn't fit the site's needs.
Agree.

Source
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Haha, didn't realise it was a watermark mainly because I couldn't see why anyone would want to watermark that :) My bad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!