PDA

View Full Version : The future xbox

Neil
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Xabora has posted on NeoGAF that Microsoft is attempting to "slim" down the size of the Xbox 360 to the size of a Nintendo Wii. This model should be equipped with a CPU and GPU Combo Dye, along with an E-DRAM off to the side. If anything, the rumored release is sometime in Late Winter of this year.

As for the next generation Xbox, Xabora goes on to say that it is expected to be equipped with a Blu-ray Drive, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, and Quad-Core CPU. The estimated release date is some time in 2010.

Last, but certainly not least, there may be an Xbox Handheld device in the picture as well.

Update: Gamekyo's sources have said that Microsoft's next prototype project is codenamed: Phoenix. Of course, there are no specs to be revealed yet, but it has been said that this prototype is a real evolution compared to the Xbox 360. There have even been word that some studios in the U.S. have already been working on this project.

These are certainly some juicy rumors that seem probable. As time goes by, only then we can sort out what will be true or false.

Of course the specs are just a rumour but I expect the next xbox to have about 200Gb as Microsoft and quite alot of developers want to move onto digital shopping so you buy games through the xbox like the marketplace lets you buy original xbox games

Source (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-1321-A-Slimmer-Xbox-360--along-with-details-of-the-)

Fart
12-07-2008, 12:39 PM
sounds good!
Be awesome with a handheld version, recon that will have same features as a normal xbox would?

Neil
12-07-2008, 12:40 PM
sounds good!
Be awesome with a handheld version, recon that will have same features as a normal xbox would?

I've seen some concept ideas of the xbox handheld and it looks really good, it has 2 anlogs unlike the PSP, not sure if it has both triggers as I couldn't see them but the only flaw I saw was the xbox guide button being in the middle of the d-pad but that's just one plan of how it will be so it doesn't matter lol

Andys
12-07-2008, 12:58 PM
sounds good!
Be awesome with a handheld version, recon that will have same features as a normal xbox would?http://passionemobile.files.wordpress.com/2006/02/ScreenShot746.jpg

;)

Mounta1nGoat
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM
http://passionemobile.files.wordpress.com/2006/02/ScreenShot746.jpg

;)
Because that looks very realistic...

Jord
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
LOL That pic is fake its too too big,

I wont be getting hand held one probs :'( I dunno my pw for xbl acc and email got hacked.

Camy
12-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Lol, that pic up there ^^ was blantantly done it photoshop.
All theyve done is get a 360 controller, stretched it, moved the xbox button to the bottom and added a screen.

Dan
12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Ive seen pics of the xbox handheld if its real, does look quite good :P except the guide button being in the wrong place like Neil said :P

Andys
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Because that looks very realistic...

LOL That pic is fake its too too big,

I wont be getting hand held one probs :'( I dunno my pw for xbl acc and email got hacked.

Lol, that pic up there ^^ was blantantly done it photoshop.
All theyve done is get a 360 controller, stretched it, moved the xbox button to the bottom and added a screen.
No **** sherlock :rolleyes:

CJW93
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I dont think a handheld xbox would be any good tbh

Jordy
12-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I dont think a handheld xbox would be any good tbhI think it could be, if they make it so you could transfer Xbox 360 console games from your console to the handheld via USB that would be awesome, that would be sex through a USB Cable tbh. Built-in wifi and an optional chat-pad, that would just be cool.

The new Xbox sounds better than the majority of computers, it'd be good if you could have an OS on it as well like on the PS3.

The problem I see with downloading games would that it would just take far too long, some of the games would be over 10GB and the internet in the majority of the world just isn't ready for that, it would takes many many hours to download them, perhaps in 5-10 years it would be much easier to do, but for now and for recent years it would suck downloading games.

Jord
13-07-2008, 03:17 AM
It would be good tho, If would defo have Msn, Internet etc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!