PDA

View Full Version : Big Weight Gain

Nightrose
12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Basically for a year i went to the gym called curves to lost weight i Use to weigh like 130 pounds when i started out, but then i lost loads of inches off my hips and stomach etc and got down to 123lb and a size 8. Since i stopped in january i have put loads of weight on think im like 10 stone - 11 stone now yet i dont look it. and ive gone from a size 8 to a 10-12-14 because i ve put inches/fat on my hips and legs plus stomach.

How can i lose the weight again quicker without going to the Gym, i have a cross trainer and have decided that i might take up swimming 3 times a week? would this help?

Anything over 128lb was fat to me and any size over a 10 is horriable to me

Ive always had a problem with my weight. :$

cocaine
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Just eat less and move more - its what I'm doing and I noticed the difference in a few weeks :D

Nightrose
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks

sarey
12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
No weight loss done quickly is reliable, there is a chance you'll gain it back, though some people don't, it really depends on the person and what sort of food people eat after the weight loss and whether or not they continue exercising.

The trick is, if you do a diet, make sure it's one you'll stick to for the rest of your life.

You can't just do a quick diet then go back to old ways.

It's all about the amount of food you take in, and the amount of exercise you do. Make sure the food you take in is healthy and not junk, though some junk food is good because you need SOME sugars to keep your body in check. Just don't overdo it. A bit of snacking here and there is okay, but not everyday.

Some diets are really unreliable because once you are done with them, you'll go back to old ways (hence the weight gain) but if you stick to a diet, a healthy, NORMAL diet, one you can stick with throughout your life time, then shouldn't be a problem.

Don't cut down on food too much, cut down about 500 calories to lose weight, but keep in a 3 meal diet, and plenty of exercise. Swimming is good, that covers most of your body work out, arms and legs and such, maybe sit ups/crunches/running if you'd like to work on the thighs and stomach, lifting weights might be good because it'll increase your metabolism making it easier to burn calories off, but to keep your body in good shape, just keep up the exercise.

If you feel hungry during the day, have an apple or a banana for snacking instead of a bag of crisps.

To wrap it up:
Stick to a healthy, 3 meal diet with a safe amount of exercise, don't overdo it.

(Sorry for the blabbering on <3)

Nightrose
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks =]] xxx

Excellent
12-07-2008, 07:16 PM
It is all about calorie consumption. If you consume over 2000+ calories per day you will put on weight. Cut down the calories to I'd say around... 1300-1500 per day.

Think of your body as a car, when you don't put fuel in a car the car doesn't work. Unlike us we have an extra fuel (body fat) which we can burn off.

So exercise daily and cut down on those calories, watch the pounds fall off :) goodluck!

partie2
16-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Basically for a year i went to the gym called curves to lost weight i Use to weigh like 130 pounds when i started out, but then i lost loads of inches off my hips and stomach etc and got down to 123lb and a size 8. Since i stopped in january i have put loads of weight on think im like 10 stone - 11 stone now yet i dont look it. and ive gone from a size 8 to a 10-12-14 because i ve put inches/fat on my hips and legs plus stomach.

How can i lose the weight again quicker without going to the Gym, i have a cross trainer and have decided that i might take up swimming 3 times a week? would this help?

Anything over 128lb was fat to me and any size over a 10 is horriable to me

Ive always had a problem with my weight. :$

sort out your diet so its healther and so you arent eating more calories then you are burning off.

flatface
16-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Cut down on your calorie intake, like most people have said :D

Smits
16-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm trying to eat less, swimming will deffinately help and you could just go wlaking or whatever. It's pretty simple really:

if energy in > energy out, you gain weight
if energy in < energy out, you lose weight
If energy in = energy out you stay the same

jordanbratz
17-07-2008, 08:29 AM
your fat live with it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!