PDA

View Full Version : P2P file sharing [READ]

Kevin
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hiya :D,

Basicly i'm running limewire and utorrent, And i was wondering if there is any software, or setting i could change to reduce the chance's of getting caught?.

Thank you

-Kev

N!ck
12-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Things like peer guardian 2 and ip black lists help but you're never completely safe.

cocaine
12-07-2008, 04:20 PM
the chance of you getting caught is very low anyway

Kevin
12-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Things like peer guardian 2 and ip black lists help but you're never completely safe.

I cant use Peer Guardian 2 because i'm running vista, any other programs availible?

+ There cracking the wip at the moment in Ireland, major investigations going down

Judge Judy
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I cant use Peer Guardian 2 because i'm running vista, any other programs availible?

+ There cracking the wip at the moment in Ireland, major investigations going down

PG 2 works for me and I am on Vista.
Try right click properties then run compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Recursion
12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Isn't that three strikes thing in place now?

Sorry for off topic.

jrh2002
12-07-2008, 10:58 PM
utorrent is safer than limewire these days and always use a decent site to get the torrents from and download from members who have a good history on there :) dont take the risk on new torrents until a few confirm its genuine :) so many fakes now its unreal and they do get your net suspended then you have to call your isp and explain the problem :o excuse is somebody managed to get access to your wirelss modem and it was nothing to do with you.

Recursion
12-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Once youve hit the 3 strikes you are black listed and can no longer buy net services in that country.

Jordy
12-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Isn't that three strikes thing in place now?

Sorry for off topic.Erm there is in France, I think the UK is slowly trying to achieve that. Virgin media send out threatening letters attached with copyright stuff from the BPI (British phonographic industry AKA Music Industry), if you are persistently found you will be prosecuted, it's pretty much the three strikes system. In Ireland I don't know the status and other ISPs aren't using the three strikes system yet.

The chances of getting caught are small anyway, unless your downloading in excessive amounts it's unlikely you'll be spotted, if you download 30GB a day it's going to look dodgy :P

I have cut down on torrents though, I try to use proxy's in uTorrent but they often slow it down or fail to work.

Recursion
12-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I thought that the whole EU had it in place now... since a few days ago.

Jordy
13-07-2008, 12:16 AM
I thought that the whole EU had it in place now... since a few days ago.No way, and even if it was accepted, it'd take years to implement. A few MEPs managed to get a basic draft accepted as a EU proposal, it still has a long way to go as it's only at the starting stages, it could take years to ever happen if it does.

N!ck
13-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Use mainly something like The Pirate Bay tracker as I trust them lol.

alexxxxx
13-07-2008, 03:10 PM
No way, and even if it was accepted, it'd take years to implement. A few MEPs managed to get a basic draft accepted as a EU proposal, it still has a long way to go as it's only at the starting stages, it could take years to ever happen if it does.

yup still has to be passed by the parliament - plus it only allows the practice to possibly take place, it's part of a big bill to do with telecoms.

Recursion
13-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Demonoid.com, ThePirateBay.org with uTorrent and encryption enabled will do.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!