PDA

View Full Version : XBOX in the Future

Cushioned
13-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Question for all to post on:
What do you think the next XBOX should have?

In my opinion, I think there should be a larger harddrive, quicker downloads from marketplace, blu-ray, and lighter controllers like PS3's really light ones. :P

Discuss!

AND PLEASE, NO STUPID POSTS LIKE THIS EXAMPLE:
"Oh, I think they should add a blender onto it."
= WASTE OF TIME, AND SHOWS STUPIDITY/IMMATURITY IF YOU DO IT!!

Naruto!
13-07-2008, 08:47 AM
No no, I'd rather like a blender on mine, maybe even a toaster!

Cushioned
13-07-2008, 08:49 AM
No no, I'd rather like a blender on mine, maybe even a toaster!

Oh man, you are just one cool kid!

Naruto!
13-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks, you too!

Cushioned
13-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks, you too!

Lol... :P I'm trying to keep the thread on topic. Posts like that just distract people.

Leicester
13-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Isnt blu-ray Sony? why would you want blu-ray anyway it has a DVD player. As for hardrive 120gb is big enough aswell as being able to remove and add other hardrives on your xbox as it is. lighter controllers are bad because they get dirty easier and also if you have a red bed cover and play your xbox on there, the controller will dye itself a red tint. There already is a "light" controller whatever you mean by that anyway, theres the white ones.

Naruto!
13-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah sorry :(
But anyways, 3D gaming please :)
And to the above post.. He means weight...

Cushioned
13-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Isnt blu-ray Sony? why would you want blu-ray anyway it has a DVD player. As for hardrive 120gb is big enough aswell as being able to remove and add other hardrives on your xbox as it is. lighter controllers are bad because they get dirty easier and also if you have a red bed cover and play your xbox on there, the controller will dye itself a red tint. There already is a "light" controller whatever you mean by that anyway, theres the white ones.

~Blu-Ray supposedly makes grpahics and such better.
~Agreed on 120 GB, but if they sell games through marketplace, like I've heard, we'll need more!
~I mean weight, not color wise on "light" controller

Yeah sorry :(
But anyways, 3D gaming please :)
And to the above post.. He means weight...

~3D would be cool!
~Thanks for helping clear that up!

Jericho
13-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Im a firm believer that not all things need new versions... just new updates to keep it fresh (iPhone for example).

Maybe instead of a whole new console, New dashboard design (I think they are doing that anyway). A virtual world.. like Home.

If they were to make a new console, Blu Ray would be my number one choice. Maybe ability to install a OS... PS3 has it :P

Leicester
13-07-2008, 09:31 AM
They should put a web browser at least on it, not like i need it because i have a laptop a couple of cm away from me when i play my xbox but still it'll be good to see one. I'd like to see the next console more "vista'er"

Cushioned
13-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Im a firm believer that not all things need new versions... just new updates to keep it fresh (iPhone for example).

Maybe instead of a whole new console, New dashboard design (I think they are doing that anyway). A virtual world.. like Home.

If they were to make a new console, Blu Ray would be my number one choice. Maybe ability to install a OS... PS3 has it :P

Very true!!!

They should put a web browser at least on it, not like i need it because i have a laptop a couple of cm away from me when i play my xbox but still it'll be good to see one. I'd like to see the next console more "vista'er"

Definetly. I would LOVE an internet browser.
@ vista'er = EWWWA Vista is somethign I'd like to stay away from for now. :) Sorry, my opinion.

awelsh
13-07-2008, 11:24 AM
blu-ray, built in wi-fi, also they couldnt really make the marketplace faster downloading it all depends on your internet connection and how fast you can download. Its pretty fast anyway 120mb in 5mins is very fast, if I did that on my PS3 it would have taken an hour minimum.

Coheed&Cambria
13-07-2008, 11:28 AM
120gb Harddrive as standard ;)

Monopoly
13-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Wi-Fi
Blu-Ray
Built in charger for controllers...
Like someone said 3D gaming.
Maybe something a bit like the PS3's Six Axes controller. :)

awelsh
13-07-2008, 11:30 AM
120gb Harddrive as standard ;)

maybe one like that PS3 too where you can replace it with a 500GB one for about £60 not pay £500 for it just becuase you need some plastic cover around so it fits :(

luce
13-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Built in webcam maybe?

awelsh
13-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Built in webcam maybe?

that wouldnt really work, with me and mates the console is on the floor or close to the floor so the webcam would see my feet, seems pointless.

Havoline
13-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I want a grill similar to the PS3, after all, they do copy 360 a lot. ;)

Hiro
13-07-2008, 12:14 PM
More fans.
Over heating is a major problem with most xbox's (even with 2 fans).

awelsh
13-07-2008, 04:59 PM
More fans.
Over heating is a major problem with most xbox's (even with 2 fans).

as long as their quiet running, I dont want the new xbox to be even louder than mine is already lol

Neil
13-07-2008, 05:08 PM
as long as their quiet running, I dont want the new xbox to be even louder than mine is already lol

I'd rather it be cool than quiet

Things I'd like to see

Bigger HD is all I'd like to see really
Maybe the ability to make your profile and dashboard more personal

Oleh
13-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Id prefer it if you had stats for every game so you could make stat sigs for them all

Cushioned
14-07-2008, 03:31 AM
All ideas sound pretty cool so far. Keep up with the posting!

c[__]
14-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Id prefer it if you had stats for every game so you could make stat sigs for them all
Thats nothing to do with the xbox console...

Cushioned
14-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Thats nothing to do with the xbox console...

Well I think he's saying if they put a browser, if you could do that maybeh?

Lol.. or not?

Neil
14-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Well I think he's saying if they put a browser, if you could do that maybeh?

Lol.. or not?

He means like Bungie.net where you can have a stat sig of your online stats, which is nothing to do with the xbox it's something that the game developers choose to do

Cushioned
14-07-2008, 09:27 AM
He means like Bungie.net where you can have a stat sig of your online stats, which is nothing to do with the xbox it's something that the game developers choose to do

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!