PDA

View Full Version : Buying an iPhone

Stepheen
13-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Well, I lack money and am wanting to buy an iPhone. I've been looking for unlocked ones on eBay. But I'm not sure if what I'm buying is a genuine apple product or a chinese manufactured fake. Are there anyways of being 100% certain?

blanky12!
13-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, I lack money and am wanting to buy an iPhone. I've been looking for unlocked ones on eBay. But I'm not sure if what I'm buying is a genuine apple product or a chinese manufactured fake. Are there anyways of being 100% certain?
ohmac.co.uk are 100% genuwine.

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:21 PM

True but you can't say that until Ohmac delivers to one of their customers. On ebay look for sellers from the United Kingdom and read the descriptions very careful and also look at their feedback!

blanky12!
13-07-2008, 04:22 PM
True but you can't say that until Ohmac delivers to one of their customers. On ebay look for sellers from the United Kingdom and read the descriptions very careful and also look at their feedback!
Yeah, they havn't yet delivirered, but still 100% genuwine.. cus of the fact that everything on there site states there genuwine.

DaveTaylor
13-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, they havn't yet delivirered, but still 100% genuwine.. cus of the fact that everything on there site states there genuwine.

stop saying "genuwine" as it's bloody annoying on a topic note Stepheen wait a couple of weeks for the 3G to be out a while and for 2.0 to be jailbroken, you can tell there genuine by the normal post of the box aswell

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:25 PM

LMAO. I'm sorry but anyone can make a site saying they are genuine and you still believe them? Well anyway I do belive in this company has its been tracked to their address, UK Vat Number, Phone number and whatever else there is. I'm just waiting for them to deliver before I think about getting one using the website.

blanky12!
13-07-2008, 04:25 PM
LMAO. I'm sorry but anyone can make a site saying they are genuine and you still believe them? Well anyway I do belive in this company has its been tracked to their address, UK Vat Number, Phone number and whatever else there is. I'm just waiting for them to deliver before I think about getting one using the website.
thats what i'm waiting for... but everything leeds to them to be a real company to deliver.

Stepheen
13-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Do they come unlocked? It's just the contract I can't afford.

ok :)

blanky12!
13-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, they're unlocked, but you can't buy just yet.

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Do they come unlocked? It's just the contract I can't afford.

ok :)

They will most likely come sealed. (from ohmac.co.uk) But by the time they will get to you. Like 2-3 weeks depending on the stock of the actual phone. There will be ways of getting it "unlocked" so you don't have to use O2 Contract.

Yes, they're unlocked, but you can't buy just yet.

You know nothing do you? On the website it says nothing about them being unlocked. Also you can actually buy them! Its like pre-order, just have to wait about 2 weeks or more.

blanky12!
13-07-2008, 04:28 PM
They will most likely come sealed. (from ohmac.co.uk) But by the time they will get to you. Like 2-3 weeks depending on the stock of the actual phone. There will be ways of getting it "unlocked" so you don't have to use O2 Contract.

a men to that!

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:30 PM
a men to that!

Also read the edited part of my post.

You know nothing do you? On the website it says nothing about them being unlocked. Also you can actually buy them! Its like pre-order, just have to wait about 2 weeks or more.

http://img.skitch.com/20080713-mx1q3pmpi3gde49aafdt46s5d4.png

blanky12!
13-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Also read the edited part of my post.

http://img.skitch.com/20080713-mx1q3pmpi3gde49aafdt46s5d4.png
oh dear. sorry, it said a couple of weeks ago they unlocked it.

Stepheen
13-07-2008, 04:33 PM

I've heard there have been ways of just buying the phone from o2 but saying you'll sign the contract electronically at home, but when you've got it home you can just jailbreak it. But I don't really fancy going into a store saying Yeh I'll have that phone and sign the contract sometime at home.

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I've heard there have been ways of just buying the phone from o2 but saying you'll sign the contract electronically at home, but when you've got it home you can just jailbreak it. But I don't really fancy going into a store saying Yeh I'll have that phone and sign the contract sometime at home.

That was the case, but that was due to the O2 servers overloading or something so the activation couldn't work in the stores. So they just told them to do it at home when they were back up and running. Like Dave said give it a week or two and iPhone 3Gs will be on ebay, just make sure they are real. I really want one as well, that bad i just wanna sell my Xbox 360! But meh.

Stepheen
13-07-2008, 04:42 PM
That was the case, but that was due to the O2 servers overloading or something so the activation couldn't work in the stores. So they just told them to do it at home when they were back up and running. Like Dave said give it a week or two and iPhone 3Gs will be on ebay, just make sure they are real. I really want one as well, that bad i just wanna sell my Xbox 360! But meh.
Haha, you're as bad as me, I've sold my wii and wii fit to get one (when I do).

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Haha, you're as bad as me, I've sold my wii and wii fit to get one (when I do).

Haha, I'm still thinking about selling it. Every time I watch a YouTube video about it, I just get searching the net for good prices LOL. Anyway, I shall own one soon anyway.

Stepheen
13-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Haha, I'm still thinking about selling it. Every time I watch a YouTube video about it, I just get searching the net for good prices LOL. Anyway, I shall own one soon anyway.
Haha, bit risky selling your xbox eh?

xxMATTGxx
13-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Haha, bit risky selling your xbox eh?

Yeah it is :P

Stepheen
13-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah it is :P
The ones I've saw on eBay are really expensive atm, give it until september and they'll probably only be £200 on it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!