PDA

View Full Version : The Housekeeping Guy non-habbo [RELEASE]

iUnknown
14-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Hello,

I have been working on a DJ Panel. This is my first PHP project and I decided to use housekeeping as a base, but add more features and fix various parts.

I've learnt a lot from this and I'm happy to release it fully open source, free and approved by the original creator of Housekeeping; Caleb (Dentafrice).

The original version was designed for habbo fansites as many DJ Panels are, so I've put a new design on it and edited the habbo things out of it for a non-habbo version. Special thanks to Plux/Joshuae who designed the layout (but it was tweaked by me).

The readme:

===============================================

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;
;;;;; T H E H O U S E K E E P I N G G U Y ;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;

Originally coded by Caleb Mingle (Dentafrice)
Edited and added to by Guy (iUnknown)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Installation ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Installation of this is really simple.

1. Upload the staff folder to your web hosting account. You can rename this to anything you like at any time.
2. CHMOD config.php and the radio_config.php file to 777.
3. Now simply go to http://yourdomain.com/staff/install.php and follow the instructions!

If you need any help, let me (Guy) know and if I'm available then I'll help you.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Login ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Now all you need to do is login, the user that was added when you ran the SQL is:

Username: Admin
Password: changeme

Login URL: yourdomain.com/staff

Have fun!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Frontend ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

So the DJ Panel is pretty straight forward, now you'll want to put some pages on your website. So here are some links.

Request Line - /staff/request.php - can be linked to for visitors to send requests.
Timetable - /staff/showtimetable.php - can be linked to for visitors to view timetable.
DJ Says (and alert system) - /staff/says.php - can be put in an iframe in a box on a page.
Automatic DJ List - /staff/stafflist.php - can be put in an iframe or "php include"'d on a staff page
DJ Applications - /staff/djapplication.php - can be linked to for visitors to send a DJ Application.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Functions ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

1. Notice at top
2. DJ News section
3. Backend staff information section with emails, staff position, dj name and habbo name.
4. Rules page
5. Link to regularly updated UK Top 40.
6. Requests System
7. Timetable system
8. Backend radio statistics
9. DJ Says system
10. Downloads Section managed by Administrator user
11. Radio Connection Details system, set by admin and viewed by staff
12. Radio spy that can be configured by admin.
13. DJs can change their password, habbo name and email address.
14. Full admin user management.
15. Admin can send request with subjects "Warning Message" for example.
16. Admins can alert the website.
17. DJ Applications System
18. Admins can clear and unbook other users on timetable
19. Admins can generate a random passsword made up of different cases and numbers.
20. Users are created with a position that is typed in by admin.
21. Passwords saved encrypted for extra security.

And probably more I just can't think of right now...

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Credits ;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Version 1 of The Housekeeping Guy. Copyright (C) 2008 Guy. All Rights Reserved.
Approved and originally Housekeeping V1 coded by Caleb Mingle (Dentafrice).
This DJ panel is free to use but this copyright must remain. See copyright.html for full copyright notice.

Download it here:

http://tech-hosts.co.uk/files/TheHousekeepingGuyPanel2.zip

Demo it here:

http://tech-hosts.co.uk/staff/
User: Admin
Password: changeme

Once downloaded, open with WinRar and extract it to your computer. Read the copyright.html file and the readme.txt and that should explain everything.

If you have any suggestions for a version 2 or any questions about it then feel free to PM me.

Jamieb
14-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks alot!

Going to use this.

Pyroka
14-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Version 2:

- A easy-to-customize CSS form where you can just insert images and hex codes to get what you want. Alot like the new VBulletin features;

- No horrible layout like that;

- Dropdown Javascript boxes (for menus, or CSS dropdown if you like);

- Quick links menu;

- Calender-style DJ slot booking format;

- Copyright notice less intrusive on the layout;

- Use wasted space instead of trying to make your page look 'stylish', it's not even stylish for gods sake;

- Bang all 'User email/password/fullname/blahblahblah' options into one page, thats just annoying how you've done it.

There's your suggestions, now do them or I'll break your legs.

iUnknown
14-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Being a DJ Panel that only the staff will see.... the design isn't the main feature. it looks nice in my opinion, I don't mean it to be "stylish".

i dont need to add drop down menu and cool scripts... once again, it's a dj panel, only staff see it.

the content area is quite slim (where the page content goes) and there is no other place really to put the copyright, so making the copyright thin makes it longer and more intrusive which I couldn't help.

about the easy to customize css.... if you want to customize it then edit it. i don't think it's worth recoding it and stuff just so that you can edit it differently ... it's already very easy to edit.

the idea of the quick links is good, I will take that into consideration.

definitely going to make all the user functions into one page for both the user and administrator.

oh and you put "stylish" in quotation marks... when did I say that :S

NEW-START
14-07-2008, 02:15 PM
That layout is disgusting. I'm not going to start describing how bad it is. It's just bad.

Jahova
14-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Bad layout but I think people will be able to use this.
Also, that CSS idea sounds great!

Joshuae
14-07-2008, 03:12 PM
You take my layout, which I gave, then you destroy it with that crap editing? :S

iUnknown
14-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I couldn't use it for a DJ Panel how you left it...

Reminder: This is a DJ Panel not a website! For most sites only a couple of people will see it's design!!!

Pyroka
14-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I couldn't use it for a DJ Panel how you left it...

Reminder: This is a DJ Panel not a website! For most sites only a couple of people will see it's design!!!

Then do a generic layout, which looks modern and doesn't just catagorize itself? I mean, you wouldn't expect a site like for example (if it got popular), kerrang.fm, to use something like that? No, because it's got bloody rainbows on lol.

Generic... If you dont wanna listen to my CSS idea, at least do that. It's a piece of piss.

Joshuae
14-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Then do a generic layout, which looks modern and doesn't just catagorize itself? I mean, you wouldn't expect a site like for example (if it got popular), kerrang.fm, to use something like that? No, because it's got bloody rainbows on lol.

Generic... If you dont wanna listen to my CSS idea, at least do that. It's a piece of piss.

What I thought, he wanted my layout, for a dj panel lol.

Pyroka
14-07-2008, 05:10 PM
What I thought, he wanted my layout, for a dj panel lol.

Ano... Your layout looked better with clouds than that, that looks crappy and plain.

Source
14-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Tbh for a panel you are much better off using a neutral theme. Greys, light blues etc.. as that normally caters for most people's taste.

Nice job anyway, I certain sometime you'll start making your own designs that cater for your own needs.

RyanDOT
14-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I install the DJ Panel later on this month...

Great stuff Guy :D

iUnknown
14-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Ano... Your layout looked better with clouds than that, that looks crappy and plain.

It wouldn't be possible to make the clouds and birds expand... so I had to use the plain version.

I needed a design and this popped up and I managed to get it for free... sorry if it doesn't live up to all your tastes but I don't design layouts yet.

Source
14-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Would of been possible. Make a super wide background image and then

background: url(linktoimage) center;

that way the middle of the image is always centre allowing for overflow thanks to the extremly high width.

iUnknown
14-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah but the problem was the clouds and birds were on the edge of the layout and got parts cut off... half a bird would look stupid.

iJoe
14-07-2008, 08:14 PM
all the features are good, its a little bright though :p

flatface
14-07-2008, 08:28 PM
all the features are good, its a little bright though :p

Yeh, if you toned it down abit it would be alot better I think, but I like everything on it :D

BenHughes
16-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Its a must for a new layout.

With aloha,
Ben Hughes.

Muscroft.
17-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Loving it but yeah like others said, its too colourful, just use simple purple, black and grey. Also the layout is too skinny so it makes it look pushed together. But its good

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!