PDA

View Full Version : MSN PROBLEM [+REP]

Kevin
14-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey,
This has been happening to me alot, on loads of different computers,
Basicly, when i go to sign in, i wait for ages and it never loads, then i cancel and resignin on a different profile eg. appear offline, sometimes it loads on the second time. Does anyone ever get this problem, as it's really bugging me.

Kev

Heart Break Kid
14-07-2008, 01:29 PM
i had this same problem try uninstalling msn and then re installing it it should work str8 away

Kevin
14-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Yea, i tried reinstalling it a while ago, no luck

leah
14-07-2008, 01:38 PM
completely remove the programme and everything that comes with it e.g msn plus and the things that you install to play the games..
then completely re-install it all if that doesn't work
try right clicking your msn icon and clicking exit it refreshes the programme so it could work.. thats what I do when msn gets dodgy.

Heart Break Kid
14-07-2008, 01:53 PM
if your using virgin media
virgin CANNOT work with msn so my advise is
go on google type in msnweb and click the 1st option That WILL work =]

Jack!
14-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Im on virgin media 8meg and mine works fine ill have you know.

Ontopic : cheak if you have any older version of MSN uninstall them ALL . then just reinstall the new one

Heart Break Kid
14-07-2008, 02:12 PM
lol i tried X-D virgin media cannot handle it :s well thats what mine says either way i use that msnweb thing =] that i mentioned =]

Leetzgirl
14-07-2008, 03:22 PM
lol i tried X-D virgin media cannot handle it :s well thats what mine says either way i use that msnweb thing =] that i mentioned =]

erm no.

Okay, to the thread starter, does this happen with all the pcs? are you talking about pcs that you use alot or ones like in a cyber cafe or w.e?

Mr.Sam
14-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I've been on virgin/blueyonder for years and use msn...

if your using virgin media
virgin CANNOT work with msn so my advise is
go on google type in msnweb and click the 1st option That WILL work =]

kurtis5561
14-07-2008, 05:55 PM
It's possible that there is a problem with your contacts cache folder. What you must first do is to change the view settings of Windows Explorer then proceed with the deletion of the contacts cache folders in all the computers where you experience the problem.

Here are the steps you have to do:

1. Change your Windows Explorer settings:

a. Click Start, on the search bar, type Windows Explorer and press Enter to open Windows Explorer.

b. On the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.

c. Click the View tab.

d. In the Advanced settings list, select Show hidden files and folders under Hidden Files and Folders.

e. Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.

f. Click OK to close the Folder Options window.

2. Delete you contacts cache folder:

a. Click Start, in the search bar, type "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts" then delete all files in the folder.

b. Click Start, in the search bar, type "%USERPROFILE%\Contacts\" then delete all files in the folder.

3. Try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger again. (and basically re-download your whole contact list)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!