PDA

View Full Version : Jagex Stabbed themselves in the back?

Hopeless
14-07-2008, 09:15 PM
One of the main points of playing runescape is to become rich and have rare items... that are owned by yourself, and Jagex use this to make people pay for subscription so they have to wait a very long time before they can obtain these items.

Now, lending has come out, they have just stabbed themselves in the back. People will play less because they have already tasted of what its like to be rich, by borrowing somones weapons items or rares.

Wow, i've warn a party hat... Now what do i do. >.>

raspberrys
14-07-2008, 09:20 PM
own one as you cant wear that one forever

Hopeless
14-07-2008, 09:21 PM
true but i garantee the number of players will significanted rise, then fall lower.

raspberrys
14-07-2008, 09:22 PM
what will happen is items will first go down as people are like 'oh **** now theres random noobs borrowing these items', but then people will realise that its too much hassle to borrow one as it keeps getting taken away so prices will go up.

dont worry you'll get used to it.

Hopeless
14-07-2008, 09:24 PM
oh yeh forgot about the prices... i think prices of everything will drop considerably... especially rares will take a hard hit

Really? I think the opposite, they will rise to begin with because people will want 1 because they've tried it on.. but then it will drop

raspberrys
14-07-2008, 09:34 PM
nah will always drop in panic first

Hopeless
14-07-2008, 09:37 PM
we'll soo find out wont we! rawr! its war

Havoline
14-07-2008, 09:52 PM
oh yeh forgot about the prices... i think prices of everything will drop considerably... especially rares will take a hard hit

Really? I think the opposite, they will rise to begin with because people will want 1 because they've tried it on.. but then it will drop
are you arguing with yourself?

Arch
14-07-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL

anyways yeah i dunno i dont thnik the number of players can drop anymore then it did when they removed the wildy / trade limit i rly dontthink jagex cares if a few people leave due to this update

Seagy
15-07-2008, 09:58 AM
I dislike item lending.
U see alot people with gs/phat

Paulio
15-07-2008, 10:03 AM
I didn't know about it. I agree it will stop people playing.

[Jay]
15-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Dont like the fact that items are gona fall by alot and i dont think they will go back to originall price, but apart from that its quite fun if your poor.

DJ-Vimto
15-07-2008, 06:32 PM
in all honesty, i really dont care if the price of 'rare' items crashes. i cant afford one and probably never will. so it doesnt matter much to me

Hopeless
15-07-2008, 09:20 PM
are you arguing with yourself?
Yes =]

Imnotpure
15-07-2008, 11:47 PM
The main point is having fun. Not owning rare/expensive items.

BobX
16-07-2008, 05:52 AM
What weapon did they use? if it dds, i got an antipoison

Conorx0
16-07-2008, 06:35 AM
owelzzz good job i only have cash then init then i can't lose any money wealth =]

Mario
16-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Item prices cant drop because nothing is being traded.
its not like more of the item is being put into the market as only 1 person can use the item at a time (either the lender or the borrower) so their is no way theoretically that the economy can change because of this, and anyway people used to lend items to their friends before the trade limit anyway, so this is just a safer way of doing that.
if anything the price will rise because people can borrow items before they buy to see if they like the item, if they dont; then they give the item back. if they do; they give the item back and buy one for themselves.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!