PDA

View Full Version : An Unbalanced World - New Quest!

Hopeless
15-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Since i've been banned, i was bored and decided to make up a quest :).

PS: Note to Moderators, I have asked if i'm allowed to double post if this post goes beyond the amount of characters allowed in a thread and they said it was fine, just giving up a heads up before you dish out the infractiong ;)

All Constructive Critisism is accept as i will be posting this on the runescape forums as soon as i get unbanned.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Quest Name: An Unbalanced World
Background to quest:
As the battle between good and evil,between zamorak and saradomin rages on while theyare at war, attacking eachother from each edge of the runescape world, chaos breaks loose within Runescape.
Guthix the god of balance, hasn’t been keeping the world in order, and chaos has been let loose across the entrie land of runescape.

Start Quest Location:
Monastry – Speak to Brother Jered

Quest Requirements:
Priest In Peril
Sheild of Arrav
Demon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
Mage Arena – And Must have Guthix staff and be able to use claws of guthix
Tears of guthix
Regicide
Holy grail

Skill Requirements:
60 Magic
60 Prayer
Be able to enter the abyss
Kill 2 Strong level 130’s

Chapter One – A World In Ruins
Speak to the Brother in the monstry, and he will inform you that the world has become ‘unbalanced’ He will then ask you to seek more knoweldge of why this unbalance has occured.

Speak to Juna (from tears of guthix Quest) and she will tell you that the all powerful guthix has left our realm and no longer is connected to us

Juna Then informs you to speak to the mystical elves in the land of Tirannwn, and go to the elf camp and speak to the Elder Elf.

Chapter Two – Fate
The Elf tells you that he knew this would happen one day and it was unavoidable, he says the only way to restore order in the world is that the one person that is worthly enough to take on such responsibilities shall only be able to enter the ‘Rift of the God’s’
Speak to the Guy in the middle of the Abyss that is keeping it ‘stable’, and he will tell you that he learnt to keep the abyss stable from guthix himself, keeping the abyss balanced, you tell him that guthix has left our realm and choas has spread across runescape. He Tells you the same thing as the elder elf told you earlier, and you ask him, where is this ‘Rift of the God’s’. He tells you that it is right infront of you. (The big circling thing that he is always sitting by) He tells you that the power of guthix keeps the abyss in working order, you ask him to let you in so you can restore order in the world, but he doesn’t let you as if you tempered with anything in the Rift of the God’s then the abyss would cave in on itself and seize to exsist.
He asks you to bring a token that you are the ‘one’ mortal that can contact the god’s.

Chapter Three – Proving your Glory
To proove that you are rich and famous and a hero beyond doubt, you will need to gather proof for the guy in the Abyss.
Items needed: A Ring(Equipped), A Bracelet(Equipped), A Glory Amulet(Equipped), Rune Plate (Equipped), Holy Grail (Unequipped) , Gypsy Token (Unequipped), Royal Pendant(Unequipped)

A Ring (Any ring that you don’t mind losing)
A Bracelet (Any Bracelet that you don’t mind losing)
A Glory Amulet (not lost and must be uncharged)
Rune Plate ( To prove, you have slain a fierce Dragon)
Holy Grail (To prove, you are the only one on runescape to uphold such honour and glory) To obtain the holy grail you must talk to king arthur for the holy grail and it is the only way to restore piece in the world.
Gypsy Token ( To prove that you are trustworthy and have slain a demon(Obtained from the gypsy from demon slayer quest: Ask her for a sign that you are trustworthly and have slain a demon)
Royal Pendant (To prove your fame to the royal’s of Runescape) Obtained from king of varrock (Ask him for it as persaude him that you have done enough for him and you need a favour returned (From sheild arrav quest and Priest in Peril)

After you have got all of these items, go to the Abyss and talk to the man in the middle and he will ask you have you got enough to prove your fortune and fame and your heroicness. You Show him all of the items you have and he takes the ring and bracelet and glory amulet off of you. He blesses theGlory Amulet and it will become the Amulet of Balance (1).

Use the Operate function on the amulet and you will be teleport to the ‘Rift of the Gods’

Chapter Three – Restoring Runescape

When you teleport, you will arrive in a long narrow walkway without any walls with stars and lights shooting past you (Very simular to the Cosmic Altar), and at the end of walkway you will see 2 Statues, one of zamorak and one of Saradomin, and in the middle of them is an altar of Guthix. Pray at the altar and guthix will contact you, he will tell you that you have to two tasks if you want to restore order in the world, firstly to defeat the essence of the chaos, and secondly to find somone loyal enough to be able to uphold the balance in the world in my absence.

You agree and guthix gives you a new Amulet of Balance (1).

Now you have to find the essence of the Chaos, Go to Zamorak altar (South of West Ardy, north of Castle Wars) Prayer at is while weilding the Amulet of Balance, and a Zamorak Warlock will appear, He will use Magic and Melee to hit you, so make sure you bring good magic defence armour and protect from melee! Once he is almost defeated, you must use claws of guthix to finish him off, once he is defeated he will drop a Zamorakian Shard. Note: You cannot use the altar to recharge your prayer points while in battle

Now you must find the rest of the chaos making. Head to Varrock castle, and go up the stairs and prayer at the altar in varrock caslte with the amulet of balance equipped. A Saradomin Warlock will appear, he will use range and melee to hit you, so bring good range defence armour and protect from melee. Once he is almost defeated, once again you must defeat him by using claws of guthix, once he is defeated he will drop a Saradomian Shard.

Once you have both shards you must return to the abyss and once in the centre of the abyss you then operate your Amulet of Balance to enter the ‘Rift of the God’s’ and pray at the altar again and speak to guthix, he will tell you that you have done a good job and he accept that you are the one mortal that will restore order in the world. He then grants you with a Guthixian Prayer Book, allowing you to use a new set of prayers from the God Guthix himself. [Prayers and levels and effects are below]

Chapter Four – Keeping the Balance
Guthix will charge your Second glory amulet into a Amulet of Balance, and he will teleport you back to the abyss, find your way out (quickest way is through the mind rift and walk back up to the monastry)

Talk to the brother and he will thank you for restoring peace, and you then tell him your story of the brave quest you have undertaken, and the birden of you having to keep the balance in the world until you find a loyal person to be able to unhold the balance in the world until guthix returns into our realm.
You must then return all of the items back to their owners:
Holy Grail to King Arthur
Gypsy Token to the Gypsy
Royal Pendant to king of Varrock

The brother then tells you that he will take the birden from you and that you shouldn’t have to have this duty on your hands as it is him who asked you to do this. You agree and Brother Jered becomes ‘Unholder of Balance’. He will then reward you for you helping him

Quest Complete! Quest Points Awarded: 2
Rewards:
Glory Amulet
New PrayerBook
14,500 Prayer Experience
3,000 Magic Experience
New Minigame: Hitman
Access to God Altars

The New Prayerbook: Prayers of Balance
Good things about This Prayerbook, it links in the skills with the prayerbook so prayer becomes nolonger just a combat skill
Level 40 – Holy Fury (25% of hits taken are recoiled back to your opponent) (Drains as fast as Steel Skin)
Level 43 – Holy Movement (+25% Agility Level and +15% Defence) (Drains as fast as steel skin)
Level 45 – Guthix’s Valor (Everyone standing in a 1 Square Radius of you (including Diagonals) will be healed 30% of their total HP (Full Prayer Drain)
Level 48 – Cutters Might ( Woodcutting is x1.5 Quicker) (Drains as fast as Level 1 prayer)
Level 50 – Balance Honour (is activated, all hits taken during this time are added up and once defeated, 50% of those hits are dealt to that person who hit the killing hit) (Drains as fast as Redemption)
Level 52 – Devious Intellect (25% Less likely to get caught when stealing from NPC’s) (Drains as fast as Steel Skin)
Level 55 – Holy infection (Once Activated, all hit will become poisonous hitting (2) even with an unpoisoned weapon, if used with a poisoned weapon then it will add on top of the poison of the weapon, DDS (6) + (2) = (8) (Drains as fast as Steel Skin)
Level 58 – Fisherman’s Rath (Fishing is x1.5 Quicker) (Drains as fast as level 1 Prayer)
Level 60 – Heroic Mind (18% Strength & 18% Defence Bonus)
Level 64 – God’s fury (35% of Hits taken are recoiled back to your opponent) (Drains as fast as steel skin)
Level 70 – Guthix Strength (50% Bonus to strength Level ) (100% Drain)
Level 70 – Guthix Accuracy (50% Bonus To Attack Level (100% Drain)
Level 70 – Guthix Armour (50% Bonus To Defence Level) (100% Drain)
Level 70 – Guthix Protection (Only take 75% of damage) (100% Drain) For example if somone would normally hit a 40, with this prayer on, the person would on hit a 30 on you
Level 75 – Glorious Valor (Everyone in a 1 Square Radius of you is healed 50% of their total health) (100% Drain)
Level 80 - Guthix Rath (30% Defence Bonus, 30% Strength Bonus, 30% Attack Bonus) (x2 Faster than Pilvary)
Level 85 – Holy Strike (Next hit is 100% to hit but 40% Weaker) (100% Drain)
Level 82 – Unrandomised Events (When You encounter a random Event they will only be ‘Gift Givers’ also this prayer doesn't drain any prayer points.
Level 90 – Holy intake (Next hit, 50% of it will go to your HP, and 15% will go to your prayer level) (Only Can be used when Prayer level is 25% of total Prayer level)
Level 93 – Guthix’s Assist (While Assisting you gain x1.5 Experience) (Drains as fast as Steel Skin)
Level 95 – Guthix Strike (-10% Defence, 40% Increase in Attack, 35% Increase in Strength) (Drains x2 Fasters than Pilvary)
Level 97 – Holy Skills. (Select a Non-Combat Level, and that level is Doubled while this prayer is activated) (Drains x2 Faster than Steel Skin) For example if somone has 31 Woodcutting, They could cut yews, but are restricted and couldn't use a Dragonaxe only an axe that they can use at level 31.

New minigame: Hitman
To start the minigame you must go to brother jered and ask him if the world is still in balance, he will say yes except 1 person is causing chaos , and he would like you to ‘take care of him’. He will tell you the level and the Warlock is hiding. (It will be at a prayer altar and Amulet of balance must be worn (Either a Zamorakian or a Saradomian Warlock will attack you and they can range from level 40-155) Higher your combat level the higher warlock you will encounter
The Reward system is being able to use the prayers of Guthix
10 Hits – Level 60 Prayers and below can be used
20 Hits – Level 70 Prayers and below can be used
30 hits – Level 80 Prayers and below can be used
40 Hits – Level 90 Prayers and below can be used
50 Hits – All Guthix Prayers Can be used

100 Hits – Guthix Crossbow (Untradeable), Giving a +3 to attack in range than a Rune Crossbow. Bolts can be used up to Rune
100 Hits – Guthixs Claw’s (Enhancement of spell ‘Claws of guthix’, giving the spell 20% more accuracy and 20% Higher hit.) (Can be used with Charge Spell to hit a maximum of 36 With the Claws of Guthix Spell)
500 Hits – Holyness (Prayers drain 10% Slower)
1000 hits – Guthix Godsword (Tradeable), adding guthix to the godsword collection.

Thats the end of it, You may post now, please tell me what you think of my quest and new prayerbook and new minigame. Any Suggestions and constructive Critisism is appriated.

Enkery / -Lava- / t.A.T.u

IceNineKills
15-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I didn't bother reading the quest as it was too much to read but I truely think that 14.5k prayer xp is a little too extreme. Also, on Holy Skills, I think if you're 99 in a skill and use that prayer, increasing it to 188 is taking the piss abit.

Hopeless
15-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Is a prayer based quest and not many quests give alot of prayer experience... but i take it into account and might lower it, what would be a good number? 6k? 9k?

And it does say that Non-Combat skills. Prayer is a combat skill and therefore couldn't be used =], also restrictions on the prayers being used with the Minigame make it better for people aswell... and as not many people have level 90 prayer its a target for some.. or a blessing for others

Slowpoke
15-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Great quest! You put Chapter Three twice though! :( plus rep!

BobX
16-07-2008, 03:06 AM
so this is not a real quest?

Bun
16-07-2008, 07:02 AM
eh? you made up a quest? :S erm nice lol...

raspberrys
16-07-2008, 07:48 AM
grats on 99 copy and pasting

Seagy
16-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Z0mg, i thought this was a real quest and new mini gme :(
But it isn't :( Nice man, u could work for jagex :D

Hopeless
16-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Great quest! You put Chapter Three twice though! :( plus rep!
ahh thank you for the typo error,i will edit it before i post it in runescape forums =]

so this is not a real quest?
Nah i made it myself and putting it as a suggestion

eh? you made up a quest? :S erm nice lol...
same as above

grats on 99 copy and pasting
Yes, Copy and pasting my own work, try finding it anywhere else :)

Z0mg, i thought this was a real quest and new mini gme :(
But it isn't :( Nice man, u could work for jagex :D
Lol, thanks for the compliment, but i doubt they would recruit a 17 yr old lol

BobX
16-07-2008, 02:13 PM
oo
i was searchin for it on me quest panel for ages >:(

uhm i cbb to read sorry but it probs gd idk!

IceNineKills
16-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Lol, thanks for the compliment, but i doubt they would recruit a 17 yr old lol

You gotta be 18+ to work for Jagex ;).

Hopeless
17-07-2008, 01:48 PM
only a year to go then! :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!