PDA

View Full Version : Transfer everything from one hdd to another?

awelsh
16-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Im getting an elite soon, so how would I go about moving everything from my 20GB hdd to the 120GB one?

Or would I have to recover my gamercards on the new hard drive and download everything I had before, also If I did that would it cost me anymore points?

Ashley 12344
16-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I know for a fact you can, however everything transferred is deleted.

I just don't know how. Whack it in google, I was looking at transferring from Computer - xbox and it said about xbox - xbox.

Jordy
16-07-2008, 08:41 PM
No in the elite there is a data transfer kit which allows you to transfer the data from your old HDD to your new HDD. I don't know much about it but I do know you can do that with an elite, also if that didn't work, you can download everything again you've purchased through the Marketplace on Xbox.com again for free ;)

Edit: This clarify's it on Xbox.com:

Using Your New Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox 360™ Elite (http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/default.htm) includes a massive 120GB hard drive, a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) port, a high-definition cable, and a premium black finish for the console, as well as a black wireless controller and Xbox LIVEĀ® headset.

Transferring Hard Drive Data
You can transfer the data from your current 20GB Hard Drive to your new 120GB Hard Drive with the Data Transfer Cable.
The Data Transfer Cable is included with the 120GB Hard Drive accessory. If you've purchased a new Xbox 360 Elite system and want to transfer your data, you can also get a free Data Transfer Cable from Microsoft.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration-usingyourelite.htm

awelsh
16-07-2008, 08:49 PM
No in the elite there is a data transfer kit which allows you to transfer the data from your old HDD to your new HDD. I don't know much about it but I do know you can do that with an elite, also if that didn't work, you can download everything again you've purchased through the Marketplace on Xbox.com again for free ;)

Edit: This clarify's it on Xbox.com:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration-usingyourelite.htm

ahh right, thanks for that. Just to clear this up, I download everything again on the new console from the marketplace on the console yeah?

Proberly just do that, data cable will most proberly take a week to come anyways :P

Jordy
16-07-2008, 09:04 PM
ahh right, thanks for that. Just to clear this up, I download everything again on the new console from the marketplace on the console yeah?

Proberly just do that, data cable will most proberly take a week to come anyways :PNo the data cable comes with the Elite and that should suit your needs fine.

It's just an alternative to download everything again, there is ways it can be done but it's not ideal if you get a data migration cable.

Suck
17-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't think the data cable comes with an Elite? You need to phone Microsoft and get one sent out, as far as I was aware that was the only way to get hold of one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!