PDA

View Full Version : **** RROD

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 02:27 PM
:'(

I just turned my 360 on to find the RROD!
:@

If you do the towel trick does it void the guarentee? Stuff waiting 2 weeks, ill just take it back to gamestation hopefully

RhymeThatGrime
17-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes covering your Xbox with a towel will ***** any warranty. Lol, don't be silly :P I tried the towel trick, didn't work so then I changed my fuse then it worked. (When I had a core)

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Gotta wait till the morning.

Does anyone know if gamestation will make me send it to MS or give me a new one? I got the receipt from 5 months ago

iJoe
17-07-2008, 03:48 PM
probly make you send it back

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Before when I took my scrathed cod4 back or mic, they replaced straight away so im just hoping they'll do the same. They are usually really good like that - They replaced my Wii before when I dropped it on the floor and broke it straight away lol

Dan
17-07-2008, 05:27 PM
They will only give u a new one straight away if u bought replacement cover for ur xbox with them.. if not they will tell u to send it back to Mircosoft

Robbie
17-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I got my xb from HMV with no extra cover and they swapped mine there and then when I had RROD.

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 07:26 PM
They will only give u a new one straight away if u bought replacement cover for ur xbox with them.. if not they will tell u to send it back to Mircosoft
Is this only with 360 or with Wii etc aswell cause I didnt have it with my wii and they swapped it.

Dan
17-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Is this only with 360 or with Wii etc aswell cause I didnt have it with my wii and they swapped it.

When i bought my new 360 a week n a half ago they told me if i buy replacement cover they would swap it over no questions asked if i provided the replacement cover receipt, otherwise id have to send it off, whether or not it will be the same for u i dont know, u could try taking it back its worth a go :]

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I guess I'll ring em up first in the morning before I go in. Gutted tho cause my dubs clan on cod4 just made it in the top 30. :'(

Suck
17-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh my god GameStation are stupid if they treat their warrenties like that. Red rings come under your first years warrenty and because the console is only 5 months old they should be able to replace it because of the fault. This is what GAME does anyway, I just figured that was standard as you get a one year standard warrenty come with the shop. GAME just straight swap the console after testing it and finding the fault, no questions asked.

You can keep your hard drive if you have a premium or elite, they will just swap over the console, or they should.

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah. If they say no I will say that it comes with a 1year guarentee and turn up the heat. Usually when I do that, they give in lol :D

Cheers

awelsh
17-07-2008, 09:10 PM
they will replace it :) gamestation replaced my dads one when it was 8months old when the dvd drive wouldnt open anymore and it wouldnt eject disks. They just turned it on, found out it wouldnt work, managed to pull the drive out and get the disk then replaced the console and the game free of charge :)

Favourtism
17-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah that happened to my Wii but its just because its the RROD which microsoft make a special point of sending to them :p

Favourtism
18-07-2008, 12:18 PM
It got swapped and they did the whole thing so my broken mic/control was swapped too xD

If it happens again I have to send it to MS unless i buy insurance with them though :/

Loqo
18-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I just got it the other night and only sent it off today as I have posted a thread just then on how long it takes to get back to me. I was bored one night and used the towel trick. Worked for 1 night but never again. The UPS guy just picked it up about 10 minutes ago. Just send it back if you can change it from Gamestation, 5 months is a extremely short time for the amount of money you spent on it. I have had myn for 1 year and 4 months and its only just happened. Didnt mention no price and the UPS guy said postage is free. Just paid for the box and bubble wrap, etc. - Peter

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!