PDA

View Full Version : Why did you chose to be gay?

Britvic
20-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Why did you chose to be gay?

Please take the poll

myke
20-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Perhaps because homosexual people are attracted to members of the same gender??

AMERlCA...
20-07-2008, 06:36 PM
People are gay because they like the same gender :D

Caution
20-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't think it's out of choice.

Purple
21-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Stop being ignorant. You don't choose to be gay, it is a genetic/chromosomal trait.

gg.

Blinger1
21-07-2008, 08:14 AM
*removed*

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post inappropriate comments, thanks.

Bun
21-07-2008, 08:30 AM
*text removed*
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8233/dammmmmmmmmmmfx9.jpg
that's just nasty...

Janczyk
21-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Stop being ignorant. You don't choose to be gay, it is a genetic/chromosomal trait.

gg.
I don't re-call any Victorian's ever being gay :$

Also, how come there are a lot more gays now then there ever was because they can't pass down genes?

Blinger1
21-07-2008, 11:50 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8233/dammmmmmmmmmmfx9.jpg
that's just nasty...
I was joking ;)
I'm straight!

Technologic
21-07-2008, 05:29 PM

Also, how come there are a lot more gays now then there ever was because they can't pass down genes?
Because it used to be illegal to be gay so people hid it...
Ignoramus!

Anyway, being gay has been proven to be genetic, if your left lobe is bigger you're more liekly to be gay and vice versa

Janczyk
21-07-2008, 06:07 PM
LMAO!

Please, find me that source so I can sit here and laugh, please!

Caution
21-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't think it's out of choice.
Someone's edited that. "/

Ignoramus!

Anyway, being gay has been proven to be genetic, if your left lobe is bigger you're more liekly to be gay and vice versa
lol it's not genetic...

NIKKEE
21-07-2008, 07:01 PM
You don't choOse to be gay.

e5
21-07-2008, 07:05 PM
They don't choose to be gay. It's natural like it's natual for straight people to like the opposite gender.

Wootzeh
21-07-2008, 07:25 PM
They don't choose to be gay. It's natural like it's natual for straight people to like the opposite gender.
I don't see how it's natural to be gay, but I suppose it depends on the surroundings you grew up around, because naturally you're supposed to be straight obviously.

CrazyColaist
21-07-2008, 07:32 PM
coz i lyk gay sex :) *removed*

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't use foreign languages to avoid the filter. Thanks

Janczyk
21-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't see how it's natural to be gay, but I suppose it depends on the surroundings you grew up around, because naturally you're supposed to be straight obviously.
Hurrah for sense.

AMERlCA...
21-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Because i love to see **** on my **** after i have sex...

o lord dammmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!1

Britvic
22-07-2008, 02:38 PM
How is it natural to be gay?

Stepheen
22-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I think what he means is that straight people love the opposite sex with no thought or choices whether to be straight, it's the same with gays, if you understand me :).
So basically your usually born with your sexuality, you can try to hide it by trying to be straight but you are gay! I've confussed myself now lol :P

splatttt
23-07-2008, 04:49 PM
you dont just turn gay i dont think really.
your just like that. you just have gay tendencies.

FlyingJesus
23-07-2008, 05:00 PM

No it isn't lol

Ignoramus!

You're right about Victorians hiding their homosexuality but not right about the genetics of homosexuals. The left lobe thing is coincidental and not very sound proof, and sexuality, much like most things to do with the kind of person you're into, is determined by experience.

Misawa
23-07-2008, 06:02 PM
According to friends of mine it isn't choice, and they hate not being straight, so it must be genetic. The thing about how your "surroundings" is completely bogus if you ask them.

Britvic
23-07-2008, 08:03 PM
According to friends of mine it isn't choice, and they hate not being straight, so it must be genetic. The thing about how your "surroundings" is completely bogus if you ask them.
If they hate not beign straight then why don't they just be straight?

Misawa
23-07-2008, 09:31 PM
If they hate not beign straight then why don't they just be straight?

Because they don't CHOOSE, they can't be straight.

Loser
23-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Lord smite thee.

NIKKEE
23-07-2008, 11:55 PM
This really pisses me off, my cousin is gay, he had a terrible time with it and still hasn't told his dad, or a lot of our family because everyone seems to be so homophobic. It is in NO WAY a choice. He is not one of those flamboyant, in your face gays. He is a normal person who had a hard time with it.
And while I agree there is definitely more people who are gay nowadays because there must be a lot of people convincing themselves, I dunno maybe they like the lifestyle?
You can't force yourself to do something unnatural to you. People do what comes naturally to them. And christ if you don't fancy something you don't fancy them.
Who the hell gives a ****.
Why can't straight people be more tolerable to gay people? Because they're tolerable to us.

Monopoly
23-07-2008, 11:56 PM
You don't "choose" to be gay, if people had the choice they wouldn't choose to be gay, as to save themself from the abuse they would get.
It isn't genetic either, I'm more than sure that my mum and dad and gran and grampa wern't gay. *-)
For gay people it's just natural to like the same sex there's no other way to explain it really.

Virgin Mary
24-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Sexuality is an adaptation brought on by one's environment during their upbringing.

Isaac
24-07-2008, 01:12 AM

Because if you said you were gay way back when you were executed, unless you were like a king or something.

Janczyk
24-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Sexuality is an adaptation brought on by one's environment during their upbringing.
Thus bringing back to my point, you are not born gay.

Hushie
24-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes you are born gay...

The father's sperm decides your sexuality, it doesn't mean your father is gay.

Janczyk
24-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes you are born gay...

The father's sperm decides your sexuality, it doesn't mean your father is gay.
Can you source that?

Hushie
24-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Can you source that?

Well our science teacher told us the gay gene came from the sperm but I'm not too sure on that, infact I think it comes from the mother.

HERE (http://drdeborahserani.blogspot.com/2006/05/genetics-and-sexuality-gay-gene.html) says that genetic plays a part in sexuality

Janczyk
24-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Well our science teacher told us the gay gene came from the sperm but I'm not too sure on that, infact I think it comes from the mother.

HERE (http://drdeborahserani.blogspot.com/2006/05/genetics-and-sexuality-gay-gene.html) says that genetic plays a part in sexuality#

Interesting reading but I think this sort of sums it up;

What does this all mean? The researchers aren't sure, but Bocklandt thinks he and his colleagues are moving closer to understanding the origins of sexual orientation.

Hushie
24-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes nobody knows for sure, I believe there's probably a mixture of causes after reading a few different articles.

BaybeeElin
24-07-2008, 12:00 PM
When they are babies they don't have an attraction to anything or anyone.
As they grow older when they start to hit puberty thats when there going to start being attracted to guys/girls, thats when there really going to realise if they are straight or not.

today
24-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Its down too puberty but honestly i still think your born gay but it doesnt develop till puberty time.

N-Dubz
24-07-2008, 02:14 PM
i dont think your born straight/gay/bi

helenhiya
24-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I used to think it was caused by the environment a child grows up in, but I don't anymore, because brothers and sisters of gay siblings aren't always gay too.
There's been experiments with twins to do with how much environment affects a child.
There's even been experiments (saw it on richard & judy i think) that show gays brains aren't like straight mens. Straight men and women have different areas of the brain that are larger, but in gay men they apparantly tend to have the largeness where the women usually do.

part of me thinks it might be genetic
but i kinda think it might just be a preference too

FlyingJesus
24-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Brain development (even shape and size) can be controlled by environment though, depending on what different people do and how they respond to various things emotionally and all that. Also children from the same family are still different people, so the events that happen in their lives (assuming that somehow someone can experience exactly the same as their sibling and not have any different things happen to them :P) can still change a person in different ways.

The only "genetic" thing about being gay is that we as humans have the capability to love at all, as opposed to non-human animals which aren't sentient, and only express homosexual behaviour when there's massive overpopulation in an area and is done for preservation of species.

Oh and to answer the thread question, I didn't, lol

helenhiya
24-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Brain development (even shape and size) can be controlled by environment though, depending on what different people do and how they respond to various things emotionally and all that. Also children from the same family are still different people, so the events that happen in their lives (assuming that somehow someone can experience exactly the same as their sibling and not have any different things happen to them :P) can still change a person in different ways.

The only "genetic" thing about being gay is that we as humans have the capability to love at all, as opposed to non-human animals which aren't sentient, and only express homosexual behaviour when there's massive overpopulation in an area and is done for preservation of species.

Oh and to answer the thread question, I didn't, lol

i discovered the meaning of love last night
was musing and it came to me:

the realisation that you are not going to get a better ****, & settling with this person as you've reached your peak in sexual conquests.

Qutting while you're ahead, kinda.

Kardan
24-07-2008, 02:40 PM
In my opinion, you are born without a sexuality...

Sexuality is influenced by the surroundings you grow up in.

FlyingJesus
24-07-2008, 02:44 PM
i discovered the meaning of love last night
was musing and it came to me:

the realisation that you are not going to get a better ****, & settling with this person as you've reached your peak in sexual conquests.

Qutting while you're ahead, kinda.

Hmmm yeah I guess, but then how do you explain polyamorous people like myself :P quite capable of actually loving more than one person at a time, and not just like getting with them and stuff. Although I suppose there's still the "quit while you're ahead" attitude in that I don't actually go looking for more than one person if I've got one, it just happens sometimes lol. Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Scottish person :(

samanthaz
24-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Ignoramus!

Eh, almost.

In straight females and gay males, the left lobe is bigger.
In straight males and gay females, the lobes are roughly the same size.

Either way, who on earth would choose to be gay? I don't think anyone would choose to be gay if they realised the sort of harrassment they would receive for it.

In the past, there were not less gay people, it was just hidden or they refused to accept it.

Today, it's becoming more and more accepted and there are no problems with it and people are it's talked about way more often in modern culture so people recognise it more clearly and a lot earlier.

Nobody would choose to be gay. You just are.

helenhiya
24-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Hmmm yeah I guess, but then how do you explain polyamorous people like myself :P quite capable of actually loving more than one person at a time, and not just like getting with them and stuff. Although I suppose there's still the "quit while you're ahead" attitude in that I don't actually go looking for more than one person if I've got one, it just happens sometimes lol. Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Scottish person :(

i do that too!!!
i did it recently lol, its not good :( it causes lots of drama.

FlyingJesus
24-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah most people don't seem to appreciate it much haha, and omg left lobe is bigger than my right but that's because I stretched it

Slowpoke
24-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Its down too puberty but honestly i still think your born gay but it doesnt develop till puberty time.

No it's not, some people have been reported to have said that they've been gay for as long as they can remember.

helenhiya
24-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah most people don't seem to appreciate it much haha, and omg left lobe is bigger than my right but that's because I stretched it

no they dont
they think you're lying & leading ppl on, when it's like, "no i just like both of you lots" but nobody believes you!!!

Janczyk
24-07-2008, 03:23 PM
No it's not, some people have been reported to have said that they've been gay for as long as they can remember.
People with short memories tend to be gay.

Slowpoke
24-07-2008, 03:24 PM

You got proof of this, or did you forget your source?

Janczyk
24-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I never had a source - I just thought I'd post something ridiculous like some other posts in here.

Fehm
24-07-2008, 04:46 PM
it is a genetic/chromosomal trait.

Its not in your genes ^^ No where near. In my opinion its just the way you are, get on with it ^^

Technologic
24-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Its not in your genes ^^ No where near. In my opinion its just the way you are, get on with it ^^
Well^^i^^think^^it^^is^^to^^do^^with^^genes^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alexicles.
24-07-2008, 05:04 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Stop spamming?

And it is, you think in the way that you prefer the same gender.

Technologic
24-07-2008, 05:05 PM
So every person over the age of 80 is gay?

Janczyk
24-07-2008, 05:36 PM
So every person over the age of 80 is gay?
Read the thread .

& stop stereotyping!

Lubricant
24-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I dunno. Just how you're brought up or whatever. No explenation.

Britvic
30-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Why would someone be brought up to love people of the same gender?
It's not like parents are going to bring up children by telling them to do people of the same gender.

Also, it can't be genetic or there would be no gays as gays aren't breeders.

Misawa
31-07-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm sure it's all down to chromozones. Tests on murderers have indicated that they have the same number and types of chromozones, tests on transsexuals have indicated the same thing, as well as pedophiles.

Monopoly
31-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Why would someone be brought up to love people of the same gender?
It's not like parents are going to bring up children by telling them to do people of the same gender.

Also, it can't be genetic or there would be no gays as gays aren't breeders.

no on is saying you're brought up to be gay, they're just saying that it depennds on how you were raised.

no waiii
31-07-2008, 02:27 AM

he is only 11 he woulnt know

DrLacero
31-07-2008, 04:31 AM
I'm sure it's all down to chromozones. Tests on murderers have indicated that they have the same number and types of chromozones, tests on transsexuals have indicated the same thing, as well as pedophiles.

I'm going to stop you right there, of course they have the same number and no tests would be needed to prove this. All humans, past present and future have 46 chromosomes (that's 23 pairs). You may find exampled of beings with more or less depending on how far back in the evolutionary chain you count as human.

I think whether or not you are gay is due to nature and nurture, you may be exposed to less testosterone in your mother's womb (after your gender has been chosen), less testosterone would create a more feminine child. This alone could not be the deciding factor as there are feminine heterosexuals and masculine homosexuals so nurture must have a part too, how you are treated (By this I do not mean either homosexuals or homosexuals were treated badly). Testing the nature vs. nurture argument would be near impossible due to it requiring using newly born children as test subjects throughout their childhood and teens so I guess it's a futile debate. Oh well.

BlueTango
03-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I watched an interesting program the other week and it talked in detail about how scientists have made 3 major links to thinking that people are born gay and they're 100% confident that within a few years they'll be able to prove it.

The first was based on your brain size. In every single gay man they'd ever tested, one side of the brain was slightly smalled than the other. Whereas with all the straight men they tested - they were the exact same size.

The second was finger size. If you're ring finger is longer than your index finger it means you were exposed to more testosterone when you were an embryo inside your mother. Testosterone is a hormone released in the male body. If your index finger is longer than your ring finger it means you were exposed to more eastrogen when you were an embryo - which is a hormone in the female body. Based on this they think that if your ring finger is longer than your index finger you're more likely to be straight and vice versa

The third is based on how many older brothers you have. They're researching the fact that the more older brothers you have the more likely you are to be gay - this is their most advanced theory so far.

Hollyish
03-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Do you actually CHOOSE to be gay??

Cos i was having dis conversation with someone earlier and they said you don't...

I didn't understand lol

like he was saying that your just gay, yea just like that.. and i was like what so your saying your BORN gay??

:S I'm confused about it

p.s. i'm not gay

benjamin
03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
i felt like a change rly

Britvic
19-08-2008, 09:01 PM
i felt like a change rly
At last, someone giving a proper answer!

TooClose
21-08-2008, 09:44 AM
People are gay because they like the same gender :D

blates got my husband in your sig though.

xox

TooClose
21-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Do you actually CHOOSE to be gay??

Cos i was having dis conversation with someone earlier and they said you don't...

I didn't understand lol

like he was saying that your just gay, yea just like that.. and i was like what so your saying your BORN gay??

:S I'm confused about it

p.s. i'm not gay

Yes, you're born gay. Anybody that tries to tell you otherwise is ************ and doesn't know what theyre talking about.

Watch John Barrowman: The Making of Me. It proves that you're born with it as a genetic disfunction.

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post.

Imp!
21-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Nobody chooses =/ god I hate people like that

iMite
24-08-2008, 10:03 PM

Please take the poll

Ahh! SHUT UP!!

I get asked this question sooooooo many bloody times!.

IT'S NOT A CHOICE!

Fgs.

HELPER-Ghost
30-08-2008, 12:27 AM

Please take the poll

Umm... why did you choose to be straight?
Oh wait... you didnt did you?
You just like the opposite sex, yes? Can you help it, no?
Same as gay people, they cant help if they like the same sex
Thats also like me saying, why dont you like the same sex eh?
Also, why should it matter if a person is gay or not?
What would you feel like if all the gay people judged straight people on their sexuality?
kthx.
xo

Slowpoke
30-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Watch John Barrowman: The Making of Me. It proves that you're born with it as a genetic disfunction.

Just the fact that he calls it a dysfunction screams that he's writing utter crap.

HELPER-Ghost
30-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Just the fact that he calls it a dysfunction screams that he's writing utter crap.

Now that, i agree with!

sharetheguilt
30-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Yes, you're born gay. Anybody that tries to tell you otherwise is ************ and doesn't know what theyre talking about.

Lol you chat crap.

Technologic
31-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Lol you chat crap.
Dysfunction? What's wrong with being gay?

Diqu
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Ahh! SHUT UP!!

I get asked this question sooooooo many bloody times!.

IT'S NOT A CHOICE!

Fgs.

people seem to think you choose if you are gay or not..
Its a simple fact That its not a choice..!
Why can't people just accept it -.-

Papershop
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
people seem to think you choose if you are gay or not..
Its a simple fact That its not a choice..!
Why can't people just accept it -.-

because alot of people are attention seekers.

Hollyish
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM

gg.

ofc people choose to be gay ;S

Mojoman1000
13-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't think it's out of choice if they are Gay or Bi.

TooClose
14-09-2008, 11:35 AM
All of you that are saying it's not a disfunction are wrong - it is a disfunction.

Homosexuality is not normal, therefore it's a disfunction. I hope i'm not upsetting anybody by saying this but i'm gay myself so i think i have the right to say it?

HELPER-Ghost
15-09-2008, 08:35 PM
All of you that are saying it's not a disfunction are wrong - it is a disfunction.

Homosexuality is not normal, therefore it's a disfunction. I hope i'm not upsetting anybody by saying this but i'm gay myself so i think i have the right to say it?

I understand why you think that, but the perception of normal differs from person to person. Untill there is hard evidence i suppose it cannot be explained.

And for those who think being gay is wrong.
Why shouldnt a homosexual couple be able to share a loving relationship just like a hetrosexual couple?
In my opinion, if you love someone that is the same sex, theres nothing wrong with that, you cant help who you fall in love with.

Kardan
15-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Being gay isn't a condition so it can't be a dysfunction.

I think the phrase 'Not natural' is what you're looking for :)

Supersam
15-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Who is to say what is normal and what isnt?

In spain I had pizza with chopped bannanas on it.... now THAT was not normal.

As long as people are happy, why should anyone else care? Whether people BELEIVE its a choice or not is irrelivent...

Skuxx
21-09-2008, 10:21 PM

lol, dysfunction.. that is actually reasonably offensive. You make out that it's some kind of unfortunate condition.

For everyone who thinks being gay is a choice, or perhaps "unnatural" or "wrong":
It's somehow built into who you are. I, personally, am bisexual, and some days, I'd kill to be straight. There's a lot of unnecessary hassle that a lot of the time comes with being homosexual or bisexual. Love is love. What business of yours is it which gender people sleep with or fall in love with? How does it affect you in a negative way? It's none of your business and it doesn't. Quit being so pretentious and ignorant. They aren't attractive character traits.

Virgin Mary
22-09-2008, 01:41 AM
lol, dysfunction.. that is actually reasonably offensive. You make out that it's some kind of unfortunate condition.

For everyone who thinks being gay is a choice, or perhaps "unnatural" or "wrong":
It's somehow built into who you are. I, personally, am bisexual, and some days, I'd kill to be straight. There's a lot of unnecessary hassle that a lot of the time comes with being homosexual or bisexual. Love is love. What business of yours is it which gender people sleep with or fall in love with? How does it affect you in a negative way? It's none of your business and it doesn't. Quit being so pretentious and ignorant. They aren't attractive character traits.
I think that is an inconsistent argument, the people who say it wouldn't apply it to paedophiles or zoophiles etc. Not having a conscious choice doesn't make something normal.

NitronGalactus
22-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Of course it's a dysfunction; it's completely unnatural. Anyone who agrees with the theory of evolution, which is everyone who is right, will know that homosexuality isn't normal.

Whether it's right or wrong is a completely different matter.

Splinter
22-09-2008, 08:31 PM

Oscar Wilde? Btw science begs to differ with you. Its no choice, its innate in people.

HELPER-Ghost
22-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Of course it's a dysfunction; it's completely unnatural. Anyone who agrees with the theory of evolution, which is everyone who is right, will know that homosexuality isn't normal.

Unnatural?
Gays have been around as long as straight people.
And why is it unnatural? If it was so unnatural why exactly is the prostate(The male G spot) located in the first inches of the anus?

xxTeens
22-09-2008, 09:34 PM
peer pressure

Fez
22-09-2008, 10:20 PM
You can't chose to be gay, but you can be influenced to be homosexual.

81g
22-09-2008, 10:34 PM
You dont choose to be gay, its something u catch. like a cold, but worse.

Arch
22-09-2008, 11:45 PM

i'm not gay but if i was id take that offencivly.

Skuxx
23-09-2008, 01:37 AM

LOOOOOOOOL
You make it sound like homosexuality is some kind of contagious disease..
That is probably one of the most ignorant things I have ever read.. besides when a Baha'i follower posted on another forum saying that homosexuals are a "test" in life, just like "car crashes and common colds".

Stepheen
24-09-2008, 03:59 AM
I chose to b gay cus im kl irl

J0SH
24-09-2008, 04:24 AM
Lol, people obviously decide they're gay at whatever age because they're attracted to the same gender obviously.

RandomManJay
24-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Lol, people obviously decide they're gay at whatever age because they're attracted to the same gender obviously.

So they decide to be gay because they're attracted to the same sex, so they really don't decide because they're already attracted to the same sex anyways.

Stepheen
24-09-2008, 04:36 PM
So they decide to be gay because they're attracted to the same sex, so they really don't decide because they're already attracted to the same sex anyways.
no gay ppl r gay cus dey r well kl.

RyanDOT
24-09-2008, 05:09 PM
You can't be chosen to be gay, if you want to be gay, then you can come gay. God doesn't choose random people to be gay or be lesbians.

TidgyPie
24-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I chose to be gay cause all the girls are ugly here.

Joke.

Imp!
24-09-2008, 05:51 PM

define... normal? what is normal? No one in this world is normal, some people can be average but not normal

Fehm
24-09-2008, 06:03 PM
peer pressure

Definatly part of it..
You dont choose to become gay in my opinion

I think it's influenced by your surroundings and basicly the way that you want to live your life. Sometimes, you just do it and its not a disfunction ^^ =P

It just happens sometimes and thats life!!

Stepheen
24-09-2008, 06:33 PM
You can't be chosen to be gay, if you want to be gay, then you can come gay. God doesn't choose random people to be gay or be lesbians.
Lmaoo.
God is my BF irl

Technologic
25-09-2008, 07:11 PM
You see the problem with that argument is... God.

It doesn't exist

Lexin
29-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Being gay is not a choice...?! I actually find it very strange why people would even think that because I guess in the end it is easier to be straight so why would we make it ourselves difficult?! If you assume that we have chosen to be gay then you are basically saying that there was a moment in our lives that we thought ''shall i become gay,bi or straight''. Since we are all human beings, why did you choose to be straight?

Meg.
06-10-2008, 01:58 AM
I don't think anyone chooses to be gay, bi, straight.
It's a feeling, it's not abnormal or a disfunction. It's who you are and people should accept it even if they dislike it.

Ezzie.
27-10-2008, 02:02 AM

Not sure how far down this thread is on the first or second page but I'd like to raise a point that what you say completely contradicts current theories of evolution..

Scientists have found that throughout time in the animal kingdom there are homosexual animals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

"No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_urchin) and aphis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphid). Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite), truly bisexual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality). For them, homosexuality is not an issue."

—Petter Bøckman[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior#cit e_note-1.2C500_Animal_Species_Practice-2)

There have also been variations in the brain of a heterosexual person and a homosexual person, secondary traits like more feminine leaning in the homosexual person are also signs displayed.

To call it a dysfunction? Just what the hell, heck I'm not even gay but I just wanted to point this out as bigotry and ignorance really should not be tolerated.

Janet Snakehole
27-10-2008, 03:52 PM
LOL @ that.

I don't think most people have a choice, you just kinda know haha.
I guess this isn't the same for all people.

le harry
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make inappropriate posts.

Access
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
how can being gay be genetic, if a direct male in your family was gay then he wouldn't have ******* a woman so you wouldn't even exist.

Ezzie.
06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
That makes no sense.. but okay. :)

Loser
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
define... normal? what is normal? No one in this world is normal, some people can be average but not normal

conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal;

The norm being not gay.

coley
06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Kinda funny thread, anyways you dont choose to be gay like you did't choose to be straight it comes natural for you. Like when you see a girl obv your like wow she is hot, I dont think you have thought this through google is your friend use it.

Abbie.
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
someone told me people are born gay

i suppose thats true, u dont chose which sex to be attracted too

Britvic
25-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah but you can still find someone of the opposite sex that you really like.

kuzkasate
25-12-2008, 05:58 PM

gg.

Just what he said.

Flisker
01-01-2009, 06:25 PM

I lol'd at that :P

We don't choose to be gay it just happens really.

Wig44.
01-01-2009, 06:54 PM
This thread is full of ignorance. Who the hell thought you could stage a proper debate about homosexuality on a forum like this?

brandon
01-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Dunno was just feeling a bit bored one day so I thought I'd be gay

today
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Dunno was just feeling a bit bored one day so I thought I'd be gay
Oh thats why you started kissing me randomly!!

Romanity
03-01-2009, 07:07 PM

You don't recall them being gay because theres not a directory of past and present gays and i doubt you were alive to know any... PLUS... it was illegal, so people wouldnt admit to it for fear of what would happen...

Theres not necassarily more now a days, its just the gay community are more open about it now because it was legalised and more accepted than it used to be, so they dont need to be scared.. hense more come out.

Now... i knew this thread would cause arguements when i saw the title LOL.

You think people choose to be gay? Sure... when they are they accept it and get on with it, but you don't CHOOSE to be gay. Dya think if people had a choice they would choose to be gay? considering the abuse most get anyway?

I think that pretty much sums up my argument :D

The norm being not gay.

Just saw that and HAD to edit the post... How the hell do you know its not the norm? It may be 60% of people are gay but keep it quiet, hense making gay the norm... That and the fact to the gay community, being gay is normal. Therefore, because the word "normal" varies on your opinion, there is no shared type of norm... making "straightness" not a norm :)

O
08-02-2009, 06:04 PM
You don't choose, you just are.

Loser
08-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Just saw that and HAD to edit the post... How the hell do you know its not the norm? It may be 60% of people are gay but keep it quiet, hense making gay the norm... That and the fact to the gay community, being gay is normal. Therefore, because the word "normal" varies on your opinion, there is no shared type of norm... making "straightness" not a norm :)

Very sorry to offend with what is widely accepted as fact. If being gay was the norm, people wouldn't hide it. And the world normal may vary in opinion, but a norm is what is consider normal in society. The society finds being straight normal, thus being straight is the norm.

RandomManJay
09-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Very sorry to offend with what is widely accepted as fact. If being gay was the norm, people wouldn't hide it. And the world normal may vary in opinion, but a norm is what is consider normal in society. The society finds being straight normal, thus being straight is the norm.

The norm is the accepted views and values of the majority within a society, and not what is considered normal in society, because if homosexuality was not considered to be normal in society, homosexuality would not be an accepted lifestyle anywhere, neither by straight or gay individuals.

ReviewDude
09-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Yes, it's true that the percentage of homosexuals in society is less than the percentage of heterosexuals, for both genders. However, it's vaguely insulting to label a person's sexual orientation as being 'normal' or 'abnormal', even if it is based on numbers. A better choice of words would probably be to say that heterosexuals are the majority, and homosexuals the minority, as it doesn't imply a bias to either.

FlyingJesus
09-02-2009, 01:32 AM
I often choose to be gay

RandomManJay
09-02-2009, 01:46 AM
I often choose to be gay

Very nice :D

Clownin
09-02-2009, 03:21 AM
*REMOVED*

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.

leah
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I often choose to be gay
stop toying with sams emotions.

-Creative-
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
"You never expect life to throw you sa far off plan
that you turn around and everything you wanted is gone
and then there's nothing left to lose.
So you make good decision
and take a risk on something you didn't even know was there.
Go for it!
And stop worrying about what everyone thinks of you.
It doesn't matter, forget them, STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF.
YOU CAN'T HELP WHO YOU LOVE.
So just OPEN YOUR HEART and LISTEN.
And let it take you wherever it wants to go."

I don't think its a choice.. people don't choose to be gay just because they wanted to.. its what they feel towards the same sex.. This is me but.. I follow my heart, not the anatomy.

anna-jersey
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
You dont choose to be gay its who you are.

Vause
14-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I didn't chose to be gay, it just happened. If I had my own way, I'd be straight and have that whole white wedding and two kids thing, but according to God, he has other plans for me.

brilliant.

Xoim
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I didn't chose to be gay, it just happened. If I had my own way, I'd be straight and have that whole white wedding and two kids thing, but according to God, he has other plans for me.

brilliant.

Awwh I lold at that
Im Bi although Id say imo that being bi is harder than being gay...
But Theres reason to doubt your sexuality I definitely like guys more than girls at the moment.. but I want to be married and im the type who want to be accepted but Its not that I dont want to be gay.. I just want to live life an open field if you understand?
But .. I dont know what I want ;[

halfadollar
17-10-2009, 01:17 AM
I didn't want to be gay, it just happened. lol. I ain't complaining. I love being gay. You can be whoever you want and people don't care. If you're straight you can't do everything. Like acting like an idiot, hanging out with girls and not thinking about sex, making out with other guys.. lol.

I ain't gonna be in any gay pride parade anytime soon! haha.

Edited by iSarcastix (Forum Moderator): Please do not make posts on threads which have been inactive for sometime, thank you.

Xoim
17-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Perhaps because homosexual people are attracted to members of the same gender??

Basically the same as this...

untrustus
18-10-2009, 02:49 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Moderator): please do not make inappropriate/ racist posts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!