PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo Charging Extra?

Detox
25-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I got a new mobile phone today and put £10 on it. i got home and found i had £7 on it. I rang Orange Customer Services and they said I had a subscription to 87050, which will take £3 off my phone every month. And if i am not mistaken, this is the number for 15 Habbo credits.

Has anyone had this?

LesbianGhost
25-06-2005, 10:50 AM
If Habbo are charging monthly without telling people that's outrageous. But no, I've never had it. Sorry.

properclone
25-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I think you should phone / email Habbo. As if this is true, it's stated nwhere on the site including Terms & Conditions and they could be sued & shut down for it..

Detox
25-06-2005, 11:11 AM
I shall be e-mailing them soon.

Discountguy
25-06-2005, 12:20 PM
get your parents to email them, i think they reply quicker if its a angry parent emailing

Craig
25-06-2005, 12:23 PM
lol yer that often works

Dan Williamson
25-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Email Habbo Using The Help Tool And If They Don't Reply Within 24Hours Threaten To Take Them To Court In A Second Letter Which You Send And They Will Reply Because They Are Breaking The Law Due To It Not Being in The Terms And Conditions. Hope It's Resolved Soon.

Detox
25-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Ty for suggestions guys.

2hd.
25-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Ty for suggestions guys.
6 words,that will always get them to reply, ofcom and 'my local trading standards office'

GommeInc
25-06-2005, 03:10 PM
I think you should phone / email Habbo. As if this is true, it's stated nwhere on the site including Terms & Conditions and they could be sued & shut down for it..
Let's hope it does...

joshuar
25-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes that happened to me! I had to text STOP to 87050 and then it stopped. I shall be having words with Sulake

Detox
25-06-2005, 03:38 PM
I rang a certain number (cant remember what it was) and that was supposed to have stopped it. I have invested a lot of money in their company and i do not expect to be treated in that way.

Steven
25-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Just ask for a full refund. because if you were to sue habbo and shut them down. what would we do? No more habbo

Detox
25-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Why would i shut them down?
Its not like they took a lot. Yeah Habbo isnt much fun right now with the scripting and the bannings for no reason but i am not that desperate as to try and get it shut down.

Detox
26-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Yes that happened to me! I had to text STOP to 87050 and then it stopped. I shall be having words with Sulake
How long ago was this and have you had a reply yet?

alexxxxx
26-06-2005, 07:48 PM
6 words,that will always get them to reply, ofcom and 'my local trading standards office'

LOL - Its true, they should be shaking in their boots about trading standards...

Detox
27-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Has been more than 48 hours and no reply. Why do I have a feeling that I will not get a reply?

Dan Williamson
27-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Well Keep Trying Mate Try Using An Email Like This Your Free To Use It if You Wish:

Dear Sulake/Habbo
I Have Encountered Problems With Your Credit Line Which I Have Found Has Ended Up Charging me 90 Pounds For 10 Habbo Credits Which I Find Is Cause For Concern. Also This Ordeal Has Brought To My Attention The lack Of Interest In Any Of My Former Emails I Have Send In The Last Few Days. So I Wish For A Full Refund For The 90 Pound Call Which Obviously Should Have Cost only A Mere £1.00. And As I Do Not See It In The Terms And Conditions That You Allow Theft Of Some Sort Off Peoples Phones If I Do Not Get A Refund Soon I Will Have To Take Some Sort Of Legal Action Against Sulake Which May Cause In You Losing A Lot More Than 90 Pound So Please Just Pay Back The Money In Writing This Email I Regard that This Whole Problem May Not Of Been Sulake Or Habbo's Fault It may Have Been A Glitch In The Credit Line But Still I Expect For People To Be Warned If There Is A Glitch In The Credit Lines Like There Has Been In The Past. So Please Sort My Problem Out Or As I Have Said I Will Consider Taking You To Court..

Thank You To The People Who Have Taken The Time To Read This.

I Hope It All Gets Sorted Out Very Soon!

Eamonn
28-06-2005, 06:54 AM
you dont have to get your parents to do it you can pretend to be your parents ! rarr !

fdb
28-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Well Keep Trying Mate Try Using An Email Like This Your Free To Use It if You Wish:

Dear Sulake/Habbo
I Have Encountered Problems With Your Credit Line Which I Have Found Has Ended Up Charging me 90 Pounds For 10 Habbo Credits Which I Find Is Cause For Concern. Also This Ordeal Has Brought To My Attention The lack Of Interest In Any Of My Former Emails I Have Send In The Last Few Days. So I Wish For A Full Refund For The 90 Pound Call Which Obviously Should Have Cost only A Mere £1.00. And As I Do Not See It In The Terms And Conditions That You Allow Theft Of Some Sort Off Peoples Phones If I Do Not Get A Refund Soon I Will Have To Take Some Sort Of Legal Action Against Sulake Which May Cause In You Losing A Lot More Than 90 Pound So Please Just Pay Back The Money In Writing This Email I Regard that This Whole Problem May Not Of Been Sulake Or Habbo's Fault It may Have Been A Glitch In The Credit Line But Still I Expect For People To Be Warned If There Is A Glitch In The Credit Lines Like There Has Been In The Past. So Please Sort My Problem Out Or As I Have Said I Will Consider Taking You To Court..

Thank You To The People Who Have Taken The Time To Read This.

I Hope It All Gets Sorted Out Very Soon!

The abuse of the shift key in that letter would be enough to put most people off reading it i'm afraid.

As for jumping on the "i'm taking you to court and getting you shut down" routine, take a moment to consider that it would be you with limited funds against Sulake who have considerably more, how would you feel if you went headfirst into a court battle only to discover that the problem was only a temporary glitch and would have been sorted out soon enough anyway, leading to the case being thrown out and leaving you with a very large solicitors bill?

The first thing you need to do is read the T&C's carefully including any small print to see if there's anything there that would suggest needing to unsubscribe from that service, if there isn't anything and you're absolutely sure you didn't just buy more credits and forgot about it, then send a polite email stating your problem and if it can be resolved promptly, there's no point sending a letter full of empty threats and angry words, it wont help matters at all.

Please also bear in mind that your email isn't the only one that Office staff recieve, they do get literally 1000's every week and it takes time to go through them all, it's only a small company and not Microsoft.

Dan Williamson
28-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Well I Don't Really Care If You Do Not Like My Typing Or My Letter. But In The Terms And Conditions There Is Nothing There About Theft So It is Applicable To Be Taken To Court. Or At Least Take Some Legal Action And Yes It May Cost A Bit Of Money But Also If You Built A Stong Enough Case And Got The Evidence That They Stole... You Could Win A Lot More Than The Soliciters Bill By Suing Them

.-Elfy-.
28-06-2005, 04:37 PM
i agree threaten to take them to court and i thought the letter was well wrote as well as mark027 could be in line to recieve legal aid from the government as they are in breach of contract and not his fault!

Dan Williamson
28-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Thank You Elfy For Your Thoughts. And They Are In breach Of Terms And Conditions.

fdb
28-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Well I Don't Really Care If You Do Not Like My Typing Or My Letter. But In The Terms And Conditions There Is Nothing There About Theft So It is Applicable To Be Taken To Court. Or At Least Take Some Legal Action And Yes It May Cost A Bit Of Money But Also If You Built A Stong Enough Case And Got The Evidence That They Stole... You Could Win A Lot More Than The Soliciters Bill By Suing Them

I don't want to sound condescending here but i think you've been watching too many "Claims Direct" adverts, but if you feel you have a chance, good luck, i'm sure your parents will thank you one day for making them lose a lot of money over a few credits from a website.....

As for the typing, it's not a personal thing (although it does annoy me slightly), but it's a fact that if you sent something typed that way as some kind of official letter to any company you won't be taken seriously, a big tip here, don't write to potential employers like it because you'll probably never get an answer. :)

(edit) aww look, i even got a negative rep point saying "cuz u iz a gay noob" from this thread....i'm gonna be scarred for life, no really, i am........

Dan Williamson
28-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Pmsl At The Rep, And Btw Just To Clear Up... If You Had Read The Thread You Will Have Found Out It's Not Me Who Lost A Few Credits Plus Again If You Had Paid Attention It Was Not Credits. Otherwise Habbo Would Not Have Been In Breach Of Their Terms And Conditions But The Fact That The person In Question Has Lost 90 Pound Is A Different Matter And I Cannot Help The Way I Type And It WOuld Not Be Ignore Due To The Fact It Has Mostly Good Gramma Etc And I Have Sent letters To Sulake With Overuse Of The Shift Key And I Got An Un-Automated Reply And They Had Nothing To Say So Pipe Down... I Never Did Nothing To You Your Just A Post Junkie Who Goes Around Dissing Other people Typing And Advie C'mon I'd like To Hear Some Of Your Advie

* Sorry Again For long Post *

fdb
28-06-2005, 09:34 PM
A post junkie with 27 posts since feb, oooook...
I gave plenty of advice in this thread, your response alone tells me exactly what i knew from the start anyway. :)

Dan Williamson
28-06-2005, 10:00 PM
You Know I Actually Fell Sorry For You!

Baris
29-06-2005, 06:04 PM
what happend there was you had sent for a code for 35 habbo credits, that costs £3.

alexxxxx
29-06-2005, 06:08 PM
what happend there was you had sent for a code for 35 habbo credits, that costs £3.

He said HE BORT £10 AND GOT HOME WITH £7! How does he buy a Habbo Credits code without recieving a text back and without texting anything?

Detox
29-06-2005, 06:13 PM
I recieved no credit code back.

Dan Williamson
29-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, Then It's Theft Therefore Liable For Legal Action..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!