PDA

View Full Version : Character to roll for WoLK?

J1MI
21-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah so youv'e all seen the beta class updates which class should I roll for WoLK Pve?

Best WoLK Healer:
Best WoLK Tank:
Best WoLK Mele DPS:
Best WoLK Ranged DPS:

Axel
21-07-2008, 09:56 PM
You've already got a Priest and Warrior which are imba healers and tanks. So you should be looking to roll a good DPS.

J1MI
21-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Priest Pve heals are looking bad at the moment, with CoH going to a 6 second cast.

micky.blue.eyes
21-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Best healer is probably either a shaman or a priest, they have some nice talents.
Shaman:
- Ancestral Awakening: When you crit hit with your (lesser) healing wave, you summon a spirit which instantly heals the party member with the lowest hp within a 40 yard range, for 60% of the amount healed.
- Spirit link: You link the friendly target with up to 2 nearby friendly targets, causing 50% of any damage taken to be distributed to the linked targets. If a target takes damage greater than 30% of its health or if the shared damage causes his health to drop below 20% of his total health, the link will be broken.
Priest:
- Guardian Spirit: Calls upon a spirit to guard over the friendly target.The spirit increases the healing received by the target by 40% and also prevents the target from dieing by sacrificing itself. The sacrifice terminates the effect but also heals the target of 10% of its maximum health. Lasts 10 seconds.

The shaman is probably better for bosses who use AoE effects (so most bosses) and the effects last longer. The priest has a nice way to save the tank (or other party members :P) though. I'd go for the shaman.

Not sure about the best tank, warriors, paladins and feral druids all get nice talents to gain threat on multiple targets. I'd go for a feral druid because we own. :P

Best melee dps is probably still the rogue, especially as it's the only melee dps class with cc. Combat rogues get Murder Spree: Step through the shadows from enemy to enemy within 10 yards, attacking an enemy every 0,5 seconds with both weapons until 5 assaults are made. Can hit the same target multiple times. Warriors and Paladins get a nice AoE effect though (Warriors stun mobs and paladins heal the party members for 20% of the damage done) but most mobs are cc'ed anyway so it would only break the effect.

Best ranged dps is probably the warlock. They get haunt (affliction talent): You send a ghostly soul in the enemy target dealing 645-754 damage and increases all damage done by your damage over time effects on the target by 15% for 12 seconds. When the effect ends or is dispelled the soul returns to you and heals you for 20% of all damage done to the target.
Or you could get the demonology talents and change into a demon giving you full health and mana and increases armour by 360%. Your pet is no longer summoned but will be resummoned when you leave the demon form. Great for when you're about to die. :P

Nemo
21-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah so youv'e all seen the beta class updates which class should I roll for WoLK Pve?

Best WoLK Healer:
Best WoLK Tank:
Best WoLK Mele DPS:
Best WoLK Ranged DPS:
Shammy
Pally
Rogue
Lock

J1MI
21-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm such a frivolous person but at the moment I have the urge to roll either druid, shammy or lock.

I could see leveling a lock and a druid being quite enjoyable. But at 70 with the lock i'd be stuck with range dps, whereas with the druid I could go all four types. Added bonus of all three of these classes is they are super special in pvp.

I'm very undecided.

Nemo
21-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm such a frivolous person but at the moment I have the urge to roll either druid, shammy or lock.

I could see leveling a lock and a druid being quite enjoyable. But at 70 with the lock i'd be stuck with range dps, whereas with the druid I could go all four types. Added bonus of all three of these classes is they are super special in pvp.

I'm very undecided.go druid really. Lock gets boring to lvl and shammy are kinda fun, but i dont personally enjoy them.

micky.blue.eyes
21-07-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm very undecided.

Druids ftw, they're very fun to level. :P Boomkins own for leveling but are pretty pointless after that (in instances anyway, still good in raids though) because we have no cc. :( (except hibernate which is rarely used).

Elkaa
21-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Priest Pve heals are looking bad at the moment, with CoH going to a 6 second cast.

Priests are actually looking completely sick at the moment - Save people from death, heal 5 people from any group who's low every 6 seconds, gain much more from spirit (amazing if you're human) and all the fun in Holy.

Youheard
21-07-2008, 11:35 PM
heal 5 people from any group who's low every 6 seconds

Pretty much (not exactly, but pretty much) chain heal with a cooldown.

Elkaa
22-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Pretty much (not exactly, but pretty much) chain heal with a cooldown.

Yep - Lower mana cost as well. Chain heal doesn't select the lowest people, either.

All in all, so far, holy/disc priests are looking to be a hell of a good healer for the expansion.

TehJoshy
29-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Druid Healing in the expansion is looking sick aswell.
Maybe view the talent trees on the wow site ^^

Nemo
29-07-2008, 12:21 PM
i might make my druid pve + pvp, ugh @ the respeccing though. Remove the payment for respeccing blizzzzz :{

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!