PDA

View Full Version : HabbleFM.com - Version 3!

ThemoFairy
22-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Version 3 has just been released. It was designed by Tranceball (Oli) and coded by me (ThemoFairy) with the help of AndyStyle.

http://www.habblefm.com (http://www.habblefm.com/)

Please check it out!

Note: I realize that the expandable iframes aren't working properly and I'm trying to work that out. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this working please PM me! :) Thanks

Lulz
22-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Really messy source code, you should run all your CSS/Javascript from seperate files, it should make the size of your index file much smaller. It's a alright design, if you want expandable webpage, then I'd suggest instead of using iFrames, you use PHP includes, which if used correctly work alike iFrames, they take up 1 line of code to add in; They are much faster loading and once again will make your webpage load a lot faster.

iJoe
23-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I love it :) Very well done!

ThemoFairy
23-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Really messy source code, you should run all your CSS/Javascript from seperate files, it should make the size of your index file much smaller. It's a alright design, if you want expandable webpage, then I'd suggest instead of using iFrames, you use PHP includes, which if used correctly work alike iFrames, they take up 1 line of code to add in; They are much faster loading and once again will make your webpage load a lot faster.

We are using includes, thanks. The source code of the index page isn't actually that messy. It's because we're using includes. So it includes the source code of the included pages. Thanks for your input though - does it really load THAT slowly?

Janczyk
23-07-2008, 10:41 AM
We are using includes, thanks. The source code of the index page isn't actually that messy. It's because we're using includes. So it includes the source code of the included pages. Thanks for your input though - does it really load THAT slowly?
This is what he means by messy index;

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
window.onload = function() {
var f = document.getElementById("pages");
function resize() {
var h = "";
var w = "";
if (f.contentDocument) {
h = f.contentDocument.documentElement.offsetHeight + 20 + "px";
// can't find anything for Opera and Firefox that works for the width. OffetWidth doesn't work right either.(f.contentDocument.documentElement,"").getPropertyValue("width");
} else if (f.contentWindow) {
h = f.contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight + 5 + "px";
} else {
return;
}
f.setAttribute("height",h);
f.parentNode.setAttribute("height",h);
}
if (window.addEventListener) {
f.onload = resize;
} else if (f.attachEvent) {
f.attachEvent("onload", resize);
} else {
return;
}
resize();
}
//]]>
</script>

today
23-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Its alright :]

AMERlCA...
23-07-2008, 11:11 AM
it looks ite

Moh
23-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Not too kean on the sub-nav backgrounds.

Cushioned
23-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Pretty nice layout.

@ Jack. I totally agree. Doesn't fit the colors of the layout.

DPS
23-07-2008, 05:05 PM
*removed*

Edited by brandon (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members

Jahova
24-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Agree with Jack.
Anyway, it's nice =D

Stephen08
24-07-2008, 03:44 PM
REMOVED

God you still annoyed that Becca is friends with Chris and you got flamed for calling her a staff bummer?

Nasty bit of jealousy I sense :$

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!