PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a macbook

Alexx..
22-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Does anybody reccommend(sp?) these laptops as I need a new one and I love the way the macbooks looks and when I was on one in florida they seemed good laptops

Has anybody had one? are they good etc etc.

Thanks
Alex Turner

Andys
22-07-2008, 11:51 PM
No, waste of money really.

Alternatives:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143989
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145309

Liberation
23-07-2008, 06:28 AM
From the day I got my Macbook I have LOVED it. Yes it may be abit pricey compared to other models etc, but in my opinion I think it is worth it :). I would certainly reccomend it to anybody looking to purchase one.

Shawnstra
23-07-2008, 07:01 AM
I've just got a macbook pro last week because I need the extra graphics compared to just a macbook. I suggest if you play some graphics intensive games get the pro, if not get the black macbook, much more powerful if you can afford it.

Recursion
23-07-2008, 07:23 AM
I've heard they aren't too sturdy, but overall quite nice machines.

xxMATTGxx
23-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Apple are expecting to release new products in the next month or so.

Josh-H
23-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I've just got a macbook pro last week because I need the extra graphics compared to just a macbook. I suggest if you play some graphics intensive games get the pro, if not get the black macbook, much more powerful if you can afford it.

The black macbook isn't much more powerful... slightly faster processor and a bigger hard drive.. :rolleyes: You're paying a premium for the colour.

I've had a macbook since end of 2006 and love it, best laptop I've ever had but remember there is a learning curve with any new operating system.

Shawnstra
24-07-2008, 10:03 AM
The black macbook isn't much more powerful... slightly faster processor and a bigger hard drive.. :rolleyes: You're paying a premium for the colour.

I've had a macbook since end of 2006 and love it, best laptop I've ever had but remember there is a learning curve with any new operating system.

Yeah I guess so my teacher has a white macbook and its dirty like hell lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!