PDA

View Full Version : JSLA // CSLA

Carlsta
24-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Has anyone ever taken part any of them qualifications...

I have taken part in and passed and got the qualification for JSLA but i have gone onto CSLA just wondered what your opinions were on them? Or maybe you havent done them but you think it would of been a good idea :) discuss them here.

If you have no idea what they are read below :)

The Junior Sports Leader Award (J.SL.A) is a nationally recognised award for 14-16 year olds. The Award develops a young person’s skills in organising activities, planning, communicating and motivating. Sport East Staffs sees this award as a brilliant stepping stone for young people to become involved in leading and coaching sport. Courses are run in conjunction with secondary schools in the area and are put on at through out the year at the Shobnall Leisure Complex, to find out when the next course is running see the Sport East Staffs Event Calendar or contact a member of the sports development team.

The Community Sports Leader Award (C.S.L.A) is a nationally recognised award for people aged 16 and over and progresses on from the J.S.L.A. Sport East Staffs recognises this award as an excellent qualification for people in local communities to help them start up and run their own programmes and is recognised as the minimum required for casual coaches who want to work for Sport East Staffs on its schemes and events.

Sam-VisualVPS
24-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Has anyone ever taken part any of them qualifications...

I have taken part in and passed and got the qualification for JSLA but i have gone onto CSLA just wondered what your opinions were on them? Or maybe you havent done them but you think it would of been a good idea :) discuss them here.

If you have no idea what they are read below :)

The Junior Sports Leader Award (J.SL.A) is a nationally recognised award for 14-16 year olds. The Award develops a young person’s skills in organising activities, planning, communicating and motivating. Sport East Staffs sees this award as a brilliant stepping stone for young people to become involved in leading and coaching sport. Courses are run in conjunction with secondary schools in the area and are put on at through out the year at the Shobnall Leisure Complex, to find out when the next course is running see the Sport East Staffs Event Calendar or contact a member of the sports development team.

The Community Sports Leader Award (C.S.L.A) is a nationally recognised award for people aged 16 and over and progresses on from the J.S.L.A. Sport East Staffs recognises this award as an excellent qualification for people in local communities to help them start up and run their own programmes and is recognised as the minimum required for casual coaches who want to work for Sport East Staffs on its schemes and events.

I was going to do this 4 years back.. But felt it as crap.

N!ck
24-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I did JSLA in school as we did our PE GCSE a year early, so we had the time there. TBH we didn't really do much for it. Just like showing different activities and how you'd teach them for a few lessons and fill in a booklet thing to get the award. Nothing special really. Anyone could have done it.

Alexicles.
24-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I've opted to do it as it links into my PE coursework. :D

It sounds like a-lot of fun and I'm looking forawrd to it! :)

x

Carlsta
30-07-2008, 08:13 AM
yeah in JSLA we just did warm ups and circuits etc
we didn't fill in booklets in ours because we didnt have them!

i'm looking forward to CSLA cause we get to teach other years i think :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!