PDA

View Full Version : Movies

Jassim
25-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Hello, I have ALOT of movies on my computer but now I want to make it look good and stuff but I've ran into a problem.

How can I put a picture (movie image) instead of the vlc cone on all the movies so it looks good and not just 300cones next to each other..

I hope you understand what I'm talking about, thanks.

Recursion
25-07-2008, 07:58 AM
I think they have to be a cetain filetype to do this, I forget which, probably AVI but this is for Vista, which usually does it automatically.

Jassim
25-07-2008, 08:10 AM
I think they have to be a cetain filetype to do this, I forget which, probably AVI but this is for Vista, which usually does it automatically.
All my movies are in .AVI and I'm using vista.
Still just cones :/

GommeInc
25-07-2008, 08:20 AM
All my movies are in .AVI and I'm using vista.
Still just cones :/
Aren't the cones related to that VLC player? What if you change where the files opens into Windows Media Player? That shows an image.

Jassim
25-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Nope, it just shows the Windows Media Player "logo" just like the cone aka VLC logo

Recursion
25-07-2008, 11:16 AM
You need to be in a different view I think, i forget which.

N!ck
25-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Thumbnail view? But, then again, if you really do have a lot of films, doing this will slow it down to a crawl when you go into the folder.

To keep everything speedy I have all of my films in their own individual folder. You could then put the folder with all these individual foldes in on thumbnail view and set up a "Folder.jpg" image in the root of each subfolder containing each film.

Jassim
25-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Thumbnail view? But, then again, if you really do have a lot of films, doing this will slow it down to a crawl when you go into the folder.

To keep everything speedy I have all of my films in their own individual folder. You could then put the folder with all these individual foldes in on thumbnail view and set up a "Folder.jpg" image in the root of each subfolder containing each film.
That's an option, but when I do that that stupid VLC logo "pushes over" the actual movie image so it looks retarted, but I guess that's my only option.

N!ck
25-07-2008, 11:31 AM
That's an option, but when I do that that stupid VLC logo "pushes over" the actual movie image so it looks retarted, but I guess that's my only option.

Putting each film into it's own individual folder and setting up a folder.jpg will work, but will be time consuming to set up. If you want it that badly though...

Jassim
25-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Putting each film into it's own individual folder and setting up a folder.jpg will work, but will be time consuming to set up. If you want it that badly though...
Yeah, I'll think about what to do.. I could always make 2008, 2007, 2006 folders etc.

DrLacero
25-07-2008, 02:08 PM
I've looked into this myself and I don;t think it is possible, you might find a movie organiser program more useful, MeD's Movie Manager is definately worth a look, I used it myself for a long time and you can set pictures to your movies in the application window.

Download site (http://xmm.sourceforge.net/index.php?menu=download)

Recursion
25-07-2008, 04:41 PM
It is possible as I have some AVI files on my desktop that are doing it right now.

DrLacero
25-07-2008, 04:51 PM
It is possible as I have some AVI files on my desktop that are doing it right now.

What you said earlier made it sound like you've just got them set to generate thumbnails, not assign a picture of your choice.

Jassim
25-07-2008, 05:22 PM
What you said earlier made it sound like you've just got them set to generate thumbnails, not assign a picture of your choice.
Thanks for the program, I decided to make a folder for each movie & put them all in years. I'm fine for now, thanks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!