PDA

View Full Version : TehUpload :: BETA!

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Hellooo there!

I have gotten some great feedback on the 'TehUpload usersystem', which really made me work harder to get it halfway working.

Big thanks to Matt/Source for his extensive CSS knowledge ^_^, and patience in helping me.

We currently need some BETA members to help test this system, think you can do it?

Please PM me with the formbelow:

Name:
WLM/MSN address:
Why I should be a BETA member:

Oh, want a little "teaser"?

http://www.tehupload.com/user/Caleb

:) Feel free to browse through, the links at the top are not working by the way.

Colin-Roberts
25-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Name: Colin-Roberts
WLM/MSN address: [email protected] (you have me)
Why I should be a BETA member: I'm good at finding bugs and can usually suggest the approtaite fix..

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Please remember to private message me :)

Source
25-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I can has beta ?!?!

Been using it for a while now. Wuv it caus its simple and fast.

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:25 PM
^_^ Source was the first one to register, other then me. hehe.

Tom-743
25-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Name: Tom
WLM/MSN address: *Removed*
Why I should be a BETA member: I use tehupload all the time and I have the application :D

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:40 PM

today
25-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Does no one ever read the orginal post, pm him lol..

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Does no one ever read the orginal post, pm him lol..
I know, it's funny though.

Agnostic Bear
25-07-2008, 09:45 PM
And you complain about other people making lots of threads about one thing?

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't see how two threads equal 'lots'.

Source
25-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Remember he can't count Caleb. Certainly seems that way ^_^

This time lets try and not loose all the images though ay?? hehe

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't loose them all noob :P I still have a good 1/3 of them.

Agnostic Bear
25-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't see how two threads equal 'lots'.

http://jewbear.net/img/1217024336212.jpg (http://jewbear.net)

I count 21 made by you.

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Congratulations, you have learned to count threads made this year, and laster year.

Lets count how many I have made recently.

Hmm.. I count two.. the top two...

Agnostic Bear
25-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Congratulations, you have learned to count threads made this year, and laster year.

Lets count how many I have made recently.

Hmm.. I count two.. the top two...

21 threads. Not 1, not 11, but 21, this is overkill go group them all up, i have 2 threads and I don't bump them.

Florx
25-07-2008, 10:23 PM
21 threads. Not 1, not 11, but 21, this is overkill go group them all up, i have 2 threads and I don't bump them.
Does it matter?

Best o' luck with the site Caleb :) Looks good from where I am sittin' :P

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 10:26 PM

Your point is? It doesn't matter.

Congratulations, I have made 21 threads. I really don't care how many you have made.

Excellent
25-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Bloody good system here guys, would recommend it OVER photobucket.

Source
25-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I'll make sure Caleb doesn't go about changing anything and making it bad :P It's perfect the way it currently is. Simple. Easy. Fast.

[Oli]
25-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I aint signing up for beta (I think thats what this thread is for, only quickly read)

But I do wish you good luck, seeing reactions & the preview, (& knowing your skill x]) I think it will be an awesome system.

(I cant signup due to lack of time, going to nyc monday ;d to go build 3 websites & when I'm back I got my own site to update etc etc.. anywho, you know, )

Good luck
Oli

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks Oli! :)

& Matt. you are a good helpaaa!

Just finished the remove account feature :)

Stephen08
25-07-2008, 11:14 PM

Sorry but please grow up and stop trolling...

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I have to agree :P

Agnostic Bear
25-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry but please grow up and stop trolling...

Please get informed about what trolling is and stop fakeposting...

Dentafrice
25-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Just finished the pagination, and the file page now shows information about the photo taken.

http://www.tehupload.com/share/139

Width: 600px
Height: 400px
Color: Yes
Make: Canon
Flash Fired: No
Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Exposure Time: 15s
FNumber: 16/1
ISO: 1600
Timestamp: 2008:07:23 23:56:15
Focal Length: 18mm

Source
26-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I did originally say on MSN that it would be a bit OTT for a simple image sharing site. But now it's actually all there it works very well, handy for upcoming photographers within the community.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Hehe :) Thanks!

Users that are registered, what do you think of the service?

iJoe
26-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Looks really good :) I would probly be no help in being a beta though as I have no coding knowledge :P Good luck with it all :)

And is it just me or has the application died? :P

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes, the application doesn't work at the moment :P

You don't need coding knowledge, just need people who are willing to test it out and use it :) To see what they think.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Can't wait for the release, do you have a clue when you're opening the site?

iJoe
26-07-2008, 12:45 AM
I get a lovely box everytime i load the pc asking me to tell microsoft about this problem lol. I should really uninstall it but oh well :P.

And I might pm you :P goin to bed in a min though

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Can't wait for the release, do you have a clue when you're opening the site?

Not sure atm, I guess when all the bugs are fixed :)

I get a lovely box everytime i load the pc asking me to tell microsoft about this problem lol. I should really uninstall it but oh well :P.

And I might pm you :P goin to bed in a min though

Just uninstall it :P

J0SH
26-07-2008, 01:04 AM
*removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:09 AM
*removed*

I LOL'ed when I saw that.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Posting pictures of Darren Toogood will get you banned :P

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Are those, capree's? (or kapree's, however you speel them)

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it was hot outside.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah, it was hot outside.

Ever heard of shorts? ;)

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:18 AM
I guess he didn't want shorts, and he didn't want long pants.. so he went in between.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:21 AM
mhm.

// nice av btw.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Haha thanks :) Made it last night.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Haha thanks :) Made it last night.

Thought you were no good with graphics?

How'd you do the heart?

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:35 AM
With a flashlight lol.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:39 AM
WOTT.

Is that why in the preview there were all those pictures of you making weird pictures with a flashlight? lol.

But how'd you get it onto a BG?

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:40 AM
haha I'm standing there with a flashlight drawing the heart :P long exposure.

IDontKnow
26-07-2008, 01:50 AM
I'll make it public. I recommended to Caleb he make an MSN bot ;

- You send file to MSN bot
- MSN bot uploads it
- MSN bot sends you image link

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:52 AM

- MSN bot uploads it

Sounds neat.

@Caleb: how'd you get rid of the BG though?

IDontKnow
26-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Sounds neat.

@Caleb: how'd you get rid of the BG though?

Because he's clever? lol

wsg14
26-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Because he's clever? lol

That's a damn fact. ;)

iJoe
26-07-2008, 01:58 AM

- MSN bot uploads it

That's a great idea :)

Source
26-07-2008, 03:02 AM
That's a damn fact. ;)

I'm glad I didn't **** lick people publicly as much as you do. Also worries me that you don't know the simplist thing about photography.

Calebeeeee took those images (in low-light) with an extremly long exposure - meaning the brighter parts of the scene were captured alot clearer than the darker. Infact sod it, exposure is a pain to explain effectivty. Wiki it.

wsg14
26-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Calebeeeee took those images (in low-light) with an extremly long exposure - meaning the brighter parts of the scene were captured alot clearer than the darker. Infact sod it, exposure is a pain to explain effectivty. Wiki it.I know how to take those types of pictures. And all I said was that Caleb was smart (coding wise).

I'm glad I didn't **** lick people publicly as much as you do.How in the hell and I licking him publicly?

Also worries me that you don't know the simplist thing about photography.Oh my, because I'm not an expert photographer you're, worried? Thanks for worrying. :rolleyes:

Stop trying to create a flame war. There was no need for your post, you're just trying to get your post count up (sound familiar?). I'm not going to reply anymore as I don't want Caleb's thread to get closed.

Meti
26-07-2008, 10:23 AM
TehUpload is looking great!
How many MB's can I upload?

Source
26-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Stop trying to create a flame war. There was no need for your post, you're just trying to get your post count up (sound familiar?).

Maybe you should go back a few threads then and see who actually said that before you get on your high horse.

IDontKnow
26-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Calm down the lot of you! It's obvious my MSN BOT IDEA ROCKS!

Source
26-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Hehe. I personally think it's a bad idea because it sounds suuuper hard. Plus in theory your still having to open a window, then browse for the file.

Which means your not saving any time or hassle. :/

iTech
26-07-2008, 11:49 AM

- MSN bot uploads it

That would require a hideuous amount of PERL.
But a good idea :P

Niall!
26-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Hehe :) Thanks!

Users that are registered, what do you think of the service?

It's an amazing site, especially for hiding certain stuff ^^

Edit: My photos seem to have disappeared

iTech
26-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Brilliant site! Kudos to Caleb, albums are easy to access, easy adding & removing.

Niall!
26-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Brilliant site! Kudos to Caleb, albums are easy to access, easy adding & removing.

I agree, it's amazing.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Remember this is a BETA period, trying to fix the bugs =]

Excellent
26-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm glad I didn't **** lick people publicly as much as you do. Also worries me that you don't know the simplist thing about photography.

Calebeeeee took those images (in low-light) with an extremly long exposure - meaning the brighter parts of the scene were captured alot clearer than the darker. Infact sod it, exposure is a pain to explain effectivty. Wiki it.And I'm glad I'm not an immature little kid like you. Who do you think you are now, eh? You seem to think you're this bad boy cho can go around insulting everybody just because you know a few of the coders. I pity you in the sense hypocrisy, you licked gregs *** and now calebs so don't get started on that.

OT: An msn bot would be pretty cool :P

iTech
26-07-2008, 01:15 PM
And I'm glad I'm not an immature little kid like you. Who do you think you are now, eh? You seem to think you're this bad boy cho can go around insulting everybody just because you know a few of the coders. I pity you in the sense hypocrisy, you licked gregs *** and now calebs so don't get started on that.

Yeah the bot would be a huge plus, but it'd require the bot understanding the requests, in advanced PERL then transferring the data with C#.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:24 PM
And I'm glad I'm not an immature little kid like you. Who do you think you are now, eh? You seem to think you're this bad boy cho can go around insulting everybody just because you know a few of the coders. I pity you in the sense hypocrisy, you licked gregs *** and now calebs so don't get started on that.

He doesn't lick mine, or anyone's ****. Source is a great guy, and my friend.
There is a major difference between friendship, and *******.

Yeah the bot would be a huge plus, but it'd require the bot understanding the requests, in advanced PERL then transferring the data with C#.

Not really, it can be done with PHP, bit of a pain though.

Source
26-07-2008, 01:27 PM

Do you really think you have enough evidence to call me an "immature little kid" when if anybody took the time to scour back through your posts you would in fact see your attitude is pity towards anyone trying to help you. I don't think I'm all that, have I ever said "My Work is so much better than you"... no. I try to help people on this forum as I believe its important to grow the knowledge of web skills within the younger community.

You may also want to check your judgment on matters like this - it clearly seems that if anyone agree's with someone without flaming them for a period of a week you seem to think they are performing sexual activites with one another. Now let's drop this to stop this thread from been closed and if I annoyed you BOX then accept my appologies.

Back the the tehupload beta, I was thinking it would be cool to have a friend system (bit like twitter), where it notifies your friends if you upload images to a certain album.

Excellent
26-07-2008, 01:27 PM
I guess I'm the only one who sees it:rolleyes:

Do you really think you have enough evidence to call me an "immature little kid" when if anybody took the time to scour back through your posts you would in fact see your attitude is pity towards anyone trying to help you. I don't think I'm all that, have I ever said "My Work is so much better than you"... no. I try to help people on this forum as I believe its important to grow the knowledge of web skills within the younger community.

You may also want to check your judgment on matters like this - it clearly seems that if anyone agree's with someone without falming them for a period of a week you seem to think they are performing sexual activites with one another. Now let's drop this to stop this thread from been closed and if I annoyed you BOX then accept my appologies.

Back the the tehupload beta, I was thinking it would be cool to have a friend system (bit like twitter), where it notifies your friends if you upload images to a certain album.

I've learnt to accept help from people, when it's needed. What do you think helping is then source eh? flaming them to pieces? What did you agree on with him? He said caleb was a decent coder as near enough everybody on this forum does.. thats called licking his *** now is it source? If so, hypocrisy plays a big slab in this game with you.

Niall!
26-07-2008, 01:28 PM
This is why I rarely visit this category, arguements break out over nothing

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Please quit arguing, this thread has been pretty positive and good so far, don't want it closed =].

Source
26-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I applogised to BOX, probably wasn't the best thing to write. Now excellent drop it and accept that matter done and dusted. If you have any more personal issues, maybe it would be best to take it up in a PM.

So Caleb, what do you think about a twitter like following system to get updates on other members when they post images and set it to be "broadcasted" to friends?

Maybe that idea is a bit too complicated for what is a nice simple site at the moment.

Excellent
26-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I applogised to BOX, probably wasn't the best thing to write. Now excellent drop it and accept that matter done and dusted. If you have any more personal issues, maybe it would be best to take it up in a PM.

So Caleb, what do you think about a twitter like following system to get updates on other members when they post images and set it to be "broadcasted" to friends?

Maybe that idea is a bit too complicated for what is a nice simple site at the moment.No worries:) Image captions would be good I think.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Image Captions are next :)

The twitter system is a bit too complicated, but it is possible. So I'm going to put that on the back burner until I get some smaller things done.

Source
26-07-2008, 01:48 PM
As I said on msn these are the things I would want at a basic level:

- Image Caption
- Album Description

Saw the other 2 are already there :P

iTech
26-07-2008, 01:54 PM

Not really, it can be done with PHP, bit of a pain though.

Could use a PHP server, but the actual bot would have to be PERL.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 01:58 PM
No, no it doesn't.. lol. The bot can be made in PHP..

wsg14
26-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I like the sound of the friend system, like Source mentioned. You add a friend, he/she gets notified when you upload a photo and you get notified when he/she uploads a photo.

How about a commenting system for eacho photo?

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.tehupload.com/share/139

Caption working =]

Stepheen
26-07-2008, 02:54 PM
tbh, it's an image uploader, what would be the point in an MSN bot. Maybe you could send the bot an image and it'll automatically upload, but it'd be quicker just to type in tehupload.com. And btw, bots can be made using messenger plus.

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Not sure if I want to spend a lot of time doing that.

Caption system is now done :)

Dentafrice
26-07-2008, 11:20 PM
The e-mail system should work now, thanks to iFuseDan for fixing my DNS ^_^.

If you registered, and you did not receive the activation e-mail, please private message me, and we'll activate your account.

Scania
27-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Sorry I have to laugh at Darren being on there LOL.

iTech
27-07-2008, 10:27 PM

;) It's on Digg also.

Dentafrice
28-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Yeah haha :P

Hypertext
28-07-2008, 02:23 AM
What is? :P

Dentafrice
28-07-2008, 02:27 AM
Darren. :|

Calon
28-07-2008, 02:28 AM
;) It's on Digg also.
I knew you was Joshuae.

On topic; You might as well make a SNS with features like that.

Wait, wait.. You commented on the digg of it, didn't you? And you didn't know what we we're talking about.. If you looked from the front page you'd know.

wsg14
28-07-2008, 02:31 AM
;) It's on Digg also.

Link me.

A lot of us did. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!