PDA

View Full Version : How can you Double DJ on 1 server?

habtasia
26-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Hiya People

How can you connect 2 DJ's to 1 Radio server?

Thanks for your help :)

Josh

Thread Moved by brandon (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion'

Jordy
26-07-2008, 11:20 AM
It's impossible to connect 2 DJs to 1 radio server, 'Double-DJing' isn't done like that.

Double DJing is rather complexed so I can't explain in much detail, there's lots of guides hanging around though if you search the forum.

Basically you have a Main DJ, and then for the second DJ they talk over Skype (Similar to MSN, it's for people having free voice conversations over the internet). If they have a sound card or reasonably advanced sound computer, the Main DJ will active 'Stereo Mix' on their computer which means the SAM Software can hear the voices of the Skype conversation. It'll then project the voices of both DJs instead of one.

habtasia
26-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Ahh, thats it

Thanks

I owe rep to you

Flisker
27-07-2008, 07:25 AM
It's impossible to connect 2 DJs to 1 radio server, 'Double-DJing' isn't done like that.

Double DJing is rather complexed so I can't explain in much detail, there's lots of guides hanging around though if you search the forum.

Basically you have a Main DJ, and then for the second DJ they talk over Skype (Similar to MSN, it's for people having free voice conversations over the internet). If they have a sound card or reasonably advanced sound computer, the Main DJ will active 'Stereo Mix' on their computer which means the SAM Software can hear the voices of the Skype conversation. It'll then project the voices of both DJs instead of one.
Well every computer has a sound card nowadays... Or that person without one wouldn't be a DJ lol. Sorry I had to pick that out.

Jahova
27-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Flisker explained it perfect.
It is a very complex thing to do.

Whats going on with my font, btw :S

Flisker
27-07-2008, 08:01 AM
maybe you have set the font for the WYSIWYG editor. Also If you have vista never put stereo mix on, because the sound is TERRIBLE! Always stick to XP for stereo mix.

Johnnikins
27-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Just though i'd say the way i used to do this

I connected my laptop to the internet, downloaded skype on the laptop and used a Stereo Cable, to plug my headphone socket from my laptop, to my microphone socket of my PC

Then i plugged my microphone into the microphone socket of laptop, then i would DJ as normal using my laptop as a bypass + remember on your laptop, or other computer to untick the mute on the microphone, then your other computer will be able to hear both voices

John

e5
27-07-2008, 07:41 PM
maybe you have set the font for the WYSIWYG editor. Also If you have vista never put stereo mix on, because the sound is TERRIBLE! Always stick to XP for stereo mix.
That doesn't change your font type?!

habtasia
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
That doesn't change your font type?!

It does actully :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!